2020 NFL Draft - Rounds 2&3 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 24, 2020.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Very good chance Tee Higgins is there for us. All depends on what WR the colts take and if a team trades up for him. As a Clemson Alum, this would be a steal.
    Is Higgins a Julio Jones number 1? No but he’s a very solid WR to have.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I keep seeing that the receiver and running back classes are “ stacked“ and to an extent that’s true. When I see something described that way it makes me think there are bona fide starters well into the third round. That’s just not true for either class IMO. It’s probably more true for the running back class because of the way running backs are used these days. I think we will be able to pick up a decent one Day 3. I don’t think there are any receivers with WR1 potential once you get past this group of receivers including Mims, Pittman, Claypool and Higgins. We have to go WR in round 2 and hopefully we get one of those guys with decent 2/3 potential in the third.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

With talent available at this point in the draft trading away next year's first rounder may not be a horrible idea.

Cover corners, pass rushers, running backs, receivers, and other players are all there for the taking.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's definitely true. How it all plays out, that's a different story.

All I'm saying, is if we draft Dobbins or Taylor at RB. I'm going to be happy as well. I just will be.

I definitely think we have to go WR, RB, OL with our second round pick.

Yes, OL, it would be a bit greedy but I'm okay with it too. We've been shit at OL for 9 years now. It's time that changed. If they need to Overkill it, then do so, ensure we have a badass line at this point. I'm okay with that.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Each and every pick until the Jets are in the clock I will be hoping Pittman is not selected.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

As others have said, unless there's a run on the top WRs, that's where they need to go in the 2nd. Depending on value, I'd be most interested in a RB, Edge, CB, and an additional WR in the 3rd/4th. I think RB is an underrated need right now.

Would obviously not complain about an iOL either and they should add at least one more prospect in the draft, but they actually have decent depth on the OL now... Wait, did I just say that?

Just stay away from DL, ILB & TE :)

7. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

The top 3 RB’s left are higher graded than all the WRs left. There’s about 7 RB’s with starter potential and about 16 WR’s. Not saying superstars just potential. RB is not a perceived need but Bell is not the answer for a full year of football (he wore down + lacks big play ability) and will be even less effective next year and then we will be forced to fill a need + hope there is a solid option available. I also suspect the Jets/Gase is going to want smaller, quick WR’s like Hamler to run his offense (and Crowder is prob gone next year)...

8. SoylentGreen

Don’t rule out Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame...
    He’s a pass catcher in the mold of Kittle.

9. BroadwayAaron

So is Herndon and to a lesser extent, Griffin. I’d rather trade up if the run starts to happen than settle for a TE because he’s a pass catcher

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I would prefer WR but if Dobbins were to slip to 48, I would have to seriously consider taking him over one of the top WR's on the board.

Then hope like hell you're able to get a good WR at 68 and potentially double dip at WR at 79 depending on who's there.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on the outside pass rushers. There are a few guys available that were projected to go earlier.

jilozzo and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  12. WoodyHarrelson

I agree. Dobbins is a stud. He reminds me so much of Saquon

Joe D MVP and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. SoylentGreen

Kmet is more than a pass catcher, his body is still filling out. I like Herndon but only trust him being available every game slightly more than Enunwa at this point. Griffin is super average... I’m not saying you target TE, I’m saying if a freak is there at TE or RB vs a WR with a lower ceiling, the Jets should consider picking. They are not one WR from competing for a SB and the overall philosophy needs to be how do we build the most complete team w/depth for the long haul... not a reactionary band-aid approach....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

If the goal is to build a complete team with depth then the only move we can make is at WR. That room looks abysmal right now. Perriman is a deep threat, Crowder is a slot guy and then.... that's about it. I'm still perfectly fine letting Robby walk by the way, we wouldn't be in any better shape with him. Tight end is one of the few strengths we have on the offense, sadly enough.

Also take into account who is calling the plays. The Dolphins took Mike Gesicki two years ago and turned him into a glorified run blocker. 32 targets in 16 games.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I wouldn't target one, but if a guy like Epenesa, Baun, or even Gross-Matos falls, they should be in the discussion, for certain.

Imagesrdecieving and chandler like this.
  16. WoodyHarrelson

We are not taking a TE lol. Herndon and Griffin are ample.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The time to take a TE is next year when Kyle Pitts, Pat Freiermuth, and Brevin Jordan should be available. Not to mention Matt Bushman and Jalen Wydermyer.

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

with day 1 now in the books day 2 is looking good. here is the best of the rest we can grab with our picks

Round 2
    originally I wanted CB diggs or igbinoghene. phins already took ig so i'm sticking with diggs if he's around. if diggs is gone we have some interesting choices
    Yetur Gross Matos - boom or bust edge rusher. high potential has been compared to JPP and a 1st round talent. produced well in college. could contribute as a situational pass rusher as a rookie
    Jaylon Johnsons CB - if diggs is gone he would be the best CB availble but i feel a drop off is pretty big and may be better off with gross matos or a WR
    Tee Higgins - if we go WR higgins is the one i'd take.

Round 3 (2 picks)
    we get 2 picks in round 3 here is what i'm looking at
    WR KJ hamler - built in the deshaun jackson/tavon austin type of WR and also can return punts/kicks. has some things to clean up but deadly speed and great with YAC and the ball in his hands. type of WR we need for gase's offense who can take a short pass the distance
    WR - if we take higgins in the 2nd, we won't need another WR if not we have a few choices on who's left. pittman, claypool, gandy golden, mims
    Edge - julian okwara assuming we don't take matos. if we take higgings i'd love to grab okwara in the 3rd hell maybe even with our 2nd rounder depending on how things go
    C matt hennesey - only listing him because rumor is douglas is targeting him in the 3rd. I think it's a little high and we just signed mcgovern to a LTD so not sure why we would go C here

In short I think the 2nd round pick should be CB or Edge
    3rd rounders should be 2 WRs

chandler and Brook! like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

don't forget okwara

TwoHeadedMonster and chandler like this.
  20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

would love to get an extra round 2 pick in here. not sure how but this is a deep draft and that would be sweet.

imagine having two 2's and two 3's this year.

shit when u have a thin roster it definitely limits your draft flexibility, especially in potential trades.

guess we'll look at WR, RB, CB, and the perennial pass rusher.