2020 NFL Draft - Round 1 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 23, 2020.

1. UK jet

UK jet Member

Gut feeling is Becton is there at 11 but I'm split on whether JD takes him or trades back(this obviously depends on offers)
    I would trade back
    With Miami having so many picks we need to fill more holes as well
    Hopefully get Jones later in first round and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

When is this shit on and on what channel? I hope they do this even without a National Health Crisis going on in the future. So much less Goodell and his borderline creepy overly bro man hugs. Pretty soon he's going to turn into a hair sniffer like Creepy Joe. I know, I know, no politics except where it belongs.

On the flip side, I hope it's full of glitches and fails miserably just for the amusement factor. I'm done with all of this death, real, imagined, and even somewhere in the middle. I want something to happen during the draft like when all the lights went out and the PA system was crackling and shooting blue fire sparks all over the place during a thunderstorm in The New Dump in its inaugural year. <=== Not a run on sentence! I love when that happens!

Anyway, it was the Jets vs the Vikings on MNF. They herded us like cattle onto the Concourse (we were all squashed together Pre-Coronavirus Style) in that POS Palace so no-one would get electrocuted. Someone yelled out, "Stampede!" You just know that was a native New Yorker. I was already laughing but of course I started to shriek like hell after that and the old man couldn't walk away for me which made me laugh harder. <=== Also not a run on sentence. So yeah, I need something like that right now.[/QUOTE]

EDIT & P.S.: Upon further thinking, that happened in 2010 (MNF Jets/Vikes). I momentarily confused the year with a different technical snafu in 2009 where I also shrieked, but yeah. I ran into Royal. LMFAO.

That was the same game where the Jets were inducting Wayne Chrebet into Yhe Ring of Honor and during same there was was such a torrential downpour people were running for the exits to stay dry. He pretty much got screwed out of the fan appreciation he deserved because The New Dump is a roofless shithole. Woody the Cheapskate gave him a plaque, like some cheesy bullshit you would buy your Grandma on Mother's Day. WTF.

So when is the shit on and on what channel? I feel like I needed to ask again because a day without a tangent is like a day without sunshine! And it's raining!

#22 jetophile, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's going one of two ways. I think JoeD will have one or possibly two tackles he sees worthy of the 11th pick, and about 10 more that could go anywhere in the 1st round.

If either one of those two guys falls close, say 8 or 9, Joe may trade a 3rd to move up and get his guy.

If both are gone early, Joe will trade down, still get a decent/good lineman, and add a 2nd round pick.

4. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

It’s already known Becton has amazing agility for his size. 85% of the league uses marijuana and 84% never have a problem with the league. The new rules are way more relaxed towards THC. The flagged test is a very minor concern not a major red flag.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

MY gut is JD is hoping and praying one of the top 3 OL is there for him, if not, JD will pass Becton and try to trade down. I'm convinced neither JD or Gase are that sold on Becton. If no trade down is available, and Lamb is there he might call his number, if not it will be a defensive player most likely Henderson.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and WW85 like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have 0 issues with the weed use but I’m not a GM. My worries with him are purely on the field. I think his size and athleticism are making people fall in love while ignoring just how far he has to go to be a starting LT in this league. I don’t think Douglas is the type that will reach when there are so many other high value players available. That’s why I think it will play out the way I said in my first post... Lamb over Becton while the top 3 tackles are gone already.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Woke up with a sinking feeling we're taking CJ Henderson over OT4 and Jeudy/Lamb.

8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but think he might decide OT is a strong enough need, and there is a big enough drop off to OT #5, that he might take Becton anyway, if he can't trade down.

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Double post tripping down Memory Lane. Not a typo. :/

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t see any way JD goes Becton with his first pick. I think the decision will come down to whichever WR is left between Lamb & Jeudy, I don’t think both will be and trading down.

I think we’ll take the WR but wouldn’t discount the trade down option.

11. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

It’s not the same flag when you are in the league...
    When the biggest day of your life is approaching and you are stupid enough to use/get caught smoking marijuana... it shows a serious lack of discipline and many times these types of guys don’t make it as pros as that lack of discipline applies to other areas of their life (like getting/staying in shape). I’ve watched this kid, he’s a beast but gets by on raw size/strength. It might take him some time to acclimate to the pro game (like a Clowney), but the difference here is that he’s already bordering on too heavy. He’s as scary as he is exciting as a prospect...

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

I would have difficulty accepting OT4 over WR1. If we take a CB over both... I better make sure my windows are locked.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

I want CeeDee or Jeudy no matter what. If they go Henderson I don't know what I'd do with myself.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. SoylentGreen

If you get CeeDee at #11, who are you taking in the 2nd?

And then the question becomes is that gonna be better than Henderson and Higgins or Pittman, Aiyuk, Reagor, Claypool, Hamler?

A lot of talent at WR vs CB, Edge and OT...

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I would love to throw a little money on a trade down with the eagles right now

16. SoylentGreen

What if there there are 4 OTs with 1st round, 8 WRs with 1st round grades and just 2 CBs with 1st round grades

I mean that’s going to be the argument that will be made to justify the pick and it sort of makes sense...

17. BroadwayAaron

It will not be a pleasant evening in my household. I’ll probably have to go sit in the basement for a while. The worst part will be sitting around stewing all day tomorrow waiting to finally get back on the clock again.

18. NYJFOREVER

Niang, Peart, Wanogho if we stay put at 48. I'd like to move up to the back end of the first to target Jones

I just do not want to take Henderson at 11. If we take an OT over CeeDee or Jeudy then I'll be fine because it helps Sam.

19. BroadwayAaron

Makes sense on paper as you’ve laid out, not so much in real life when you have glaring holes at WR and OL and you’ve vowed to do everything you can to help Sam.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That Derrick Brown will be too good to pass up at 11. :p

Seriously, I expect an OT or WR. One of Wills, Thomas, Jeudy, or Lamb.

Red Menace likes this.