2020 Jets Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 4, 2020.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

A good chance we start something like 1-6 or 0-5.

MAYBE a 4 win season if things break.

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It's not to late to enter. They just have to have the normal eligibility. They have to be 3 years out of high school and have a reason suspension, academic issues, etc. They will all have to go through the board for eligibility. But this does keep the younger receivers from entering for the most part. I also think most that returned to school to help their draft stock just got screwed if there is no college. They can easily do online classes to finish school. But missin a year of football is rough. Hopefully they focus on staying in decent shape.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2020 Jets schedule: game-by-game predictions
    [​IMG]
    By MANISH MEHTA
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
    MAY 08, 2020 | 7:00 AM

Here’s our game-by-game predictions for the upcoming season:

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills, 1 pm
    Adam Gase & Co. would love to exact revenge after blowing a two-touchdown, fourth-quarter lead to the Bills in last year’s season opener. Gang Green won a de facto preseason game in Orchard Park in last year’s finale. Sean McDermott will actually play his starters this time.

Prediction: 23-20 loss

Record: 0-1

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20, vs. 49ers, 1 pm
    The reigning NFC champions might overwhelm Gang Green in New York’s home opener. Kyle Shanahan actually is an offensive innovator who is coaching football to where it’s going.

Prediction: 34-17 loss

Record: 0-2

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts, 4 pm
    This is not your older brother’s Philip Rivers. The veteran quarterback should be fresh early in the season, but Gase’s team can steal a road win here.

Prediction: 23-21 win

Record: 1-2

Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos, 8:20 pm
    Gregg Williams will throw everything at second-year quarterback Drew Lock, who will roll into town on a short week with his shiny rookie receivers. There’s no love lost between Gase and his former team. Look for him to run up the score if he can.

Prediction: 24-16 win

Record: 2-2

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals, 1 pm
    [​IMG]
    Kyler Murray looks downfield against the Seahawks.(Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)
    Kyler Murray could be a problem for Williams & Co. So might Kenyan Drake, who was marginalized by Gase once upon a time.

Prediction: 27-24 loss

Record: 2-3

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers, 4pm
    L.A. doesn’t have a prayer if Justin Herbert is under center. Tyrod Taylor makes things much more interesting for a talent-laden offense.

Prediction: 28-27 loss

Record: 2-4

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills, 1 pm
    The Bills return to MetLife Stadium for the first time since rallying to beat Adam Gase & Co. in last year’s opener. Buffalo is positioned to finally end the Patriots’ AFC East rule, but they’re not sweeping Gang Green.

Prediction: 16-13 win

Record: 3-4

Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs, 1pm
    [​IMG]
    Patrick Mahomes gestures to the crowd after beating the Oakland Raiders in 2019.(Reed Hoffmann/AP)
    Never say never… except when you have to go on the road to face Patrick Mahomes. Barring an act of God, the Jets have no chance against the Super Bowl champions.

Prediction: 38-21 loss

Record: 3-5

Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots, 8:15 pm (Monday Night Football)
    Tom Brady isn’t walking through that door. Jarrett Stidham isn’t scaring anybody. And Sam Darnold will have primetime payback on his mind after last year’s ghosts-inspired Monday Night nightmare against The Evil Empire.

Prediction: 20-16 win

Record: 4-5

Week 10: Sunday Nov. 15 at Dolphins, 1 pm
    Gase suffered the indignity of losing to the winless Dolphins in South Beach last year. He wants payback down there in a massive way.

Prediction: 19-16 loss

Record: 4-6

Week 11: Bye

Week 12: Sunday Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins, 1 pm

You can’t lose twice to the same team in three weeks, right?

Prediction: 24-16 win

Record: 5-6

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders, 1 pm
    Will Gang Green be able to contain blazing rookie wide receiver Henry Ruggs? If not, it could be a long day.

Prediction: 23-20 OT loss

Record: 5-7

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks, 1 pm
    The Jets might catch a break if fans are still allowed to be filled to capacity. The 11th Man is daunting. Unfortunately, they still have to face Russell Wilson.

Prediction: 27-13 loss

Record: 5-8

Week 15: Dec. 19 or Dec. 20 at Rams
    Sean McVay’s club is trending in the wrong direction. Nothing is easy on the road, but this one seems winnable especially since the Jets will stay out west for the week instead of making back-to-back cross-country trips.

Prediction: 24-21 win

Record: 6-8

Week 16: Dec. 26 or Dec. 27 vs. Browns, TBD
    [​IMG]
    After a big performance against the Jets last season, Odell Beckham Jr. will hope for a repeat performance in 2020.(Ron Schwane/AP)
    Williams got burned by Odell Beckham at MetLife Stadium last season? Will it happen again?

Prediction: 20-16 win

Record: 7-8

Week 17: Sunday, Jan 3 at Patriots, 1 pm
    Jarrett Stidham might stink, but Bill Belichick isn’t going to make it easy on his home turf, especially when he’s scratching and clawing to earn a playoff spot.

Prediction: 17-16 loss

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0200508-f7qjknwv35gtjl73ed2cpn4one-story.html

Record: 7-9

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Looks like we are playoff bound.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

its Manish so I would dwell on the exact opposite..9-7 ;)

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but unless the author of the article was wrong, you're wrong. The article explicitly said that it was too late for Etienne and others to enter the Supplemental draft. That the deadline for entering had passed.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed! I did not include the 49ers in a most likely loss because it is the home opener, early in the season, and a west coast to east coast trip for them. The Jets will have a legitimate chance to win or at least keep it close.

Brook! likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I still think 8 and 8 can win our division. It's critical that we at least split in our division. If we can go 4 and 2 in division I think we can sneak into the playoffs.

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think the Jets got a shot against Seattle as well. "The 12th man" ain't the same, and the Seahawks defense isn't the same as it once was. If Wilson isn't balling out and they aren't running the ball well we got a shot there too. Chiefs game is an automatic L.

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. J-Raw24

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...be-significantly-altered-by-covid-19.amp.html
    The deadline has not been reached. There are at least 5 articles explaining this. They are just not changing the rules for more people to enter. Just like last year it will allow entry until it is almost time to draft. But they have to go through the same process and be approved. The author of your article is wrong. But they are insuring that players can't flood the supplemental just because there is no college season.
    https://www.profootballrumors.com/2...large-influx-of-players-in-supplemental-draft

11. The Dark Knight

True, I just get the feeling Wilson will ball out. :D And the Chiefs game will be a loss, but it will be fun to see how the Jets match-up with the best team in football. If it's 50-0, that would be bad, but if it is like 38-28, I think the Jets can gain some confidence even in defeat.

I don't get how fans think this. The Jets lost their QB to mono, had a brutal first 6 games, lost Mosley and Herndon to injury, had to learn new systems under Gase and Williams, played Tom Brady twice, had a terrible o-line, terrible CB play, fired their GM right before the season, and still finished (7-9). Since then, many positives have happened and your response is 4 wins? Doesn't add up.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If the Jets play and coach like they did last season, despite a supposedly improved roster and hopefully far fewer injuries, they'll be lucky to go 4-12. If all the new guys jell, and Gase has actually learned how to coach, they might go 9-7. Most likely they wind up somewhere in the middle of that, so 7-9.

SOJAZ and Brook! like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

OK, thanks. So Etienne won't be able to join the supplemental draft, but it's because of the eligibility rules, not that he didn't file in time. Thanks for the correction and the links!

J-Raw24 likes this.
  14. J-Raw24

Yeah. Etienne and all the ones who decided to return to school will not be allowed in.

15. NCJetsfan

I can understand the NCAA's thinking on that. They're assuming there will be a football season this fall. If they allowed players to change their mind regarding the Supplemental Draft, it could overwhelm that draft, and there could be a HUGE exodus of players, and the level of quality of play could drop precipitously for this season, and as a result, the 2021 NFL draft could be pretty devoid of top talent. The NFL probably is supporting their stance. They wouldn't be prepared for the huge supplemental draft as they wouldn't have spent perhaps as much time studying prospects who weren't going to be in the 2020 NFL draft. They'd then have to make tough decisions about using draft picks in the supplemental draft, would possibly have a huge influx of new players this year, resulting in big roster turnovers, cap issues, etc. Then there'd be no way that they could hype next year's NFL Combine and Draft.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

Totally agree. While there would still be some talent in the 2021 draft, it would allow to many players in the supplemental. In fact the supplemental would be almost like a second draft this year. They should definitely stick to the normal rules. And since there is a good chance the college season will at least be delay I don't see there being very many eligible players, since most cannot be drug tested or suspended currently.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Yes, undoubtedly there would still be some talent in the 2021 draft, but if all or most of the top talent decided to leave school and enter the Supplemental Draft, there wouldn't be much to get excited about in the 2021 NFL Draft, unless a bunch of players who would have been in the 2022 or 2023 NFL Drafte decided to leave college early and were eligible for the draft.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. The Dark Knight

I don't like that logic though. If they play and coach like they did last season, then Gase and his staff should be fired, and Joe Douglas may need to look into a new QB cause Sam clearly isn't cutting it going (4-12). So if you are predicting that, you are also saying you want to start over from scratch. That is not going to happen. I understand you are who you are, until you are not. The Jets need to prove they are a better team, Sam needs to prove he is a franchise QB, Gase needs to prove he is a quality Head Coach, etc. I think they will.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Pretty accurate assessment. I was listening to Adam Schein this morning and he said this brutal schedule could have us start at 0-6. I would like to think we can be better than that. But it is all predicated on how quickly this totally new team jells together and having much improved game planing ..Many games on our schedule could be very winnable with solid execution and solid coaching to neutralize the opposition strengths. Gase, Bell and Sam will be under the microscope this year. Offense needs to carry the load a lot more and keep the D off the field.
    I for one don't believe Buffalo is as formidable and unbeatable as many think, including Shein. However, KC, SF, and Seattle are in a different league at this point.The rest of the games I would expect hard fought battles.
    I would be ok with 7-9, thrilled with 9-7 and disappointed with anything less than 7 wins..

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, if they go 4-12 Gase should be fired, and certainly they should start seriously reconsidering whether Darnold is the FQB. That will be very unfortunate, especially for Sam because as a QB heading into his 4th year and still not successful he will inherit the "failure" tag, which is unfair because he's had to work under two bad HCs, and several different schemes. This is the risk the Jets took when they decided to keep Gase after last year. They're betting that he's better than his record says he is, but if they're wrong, they will not only have wasted another year, they may well have ruined their potential FQB.

I know you - and many others - are optimistic that Gase's failure last year was mainly due to injuries and a poor roster, and certainly they contributed, but there is more factual reason to be pessimistic based on his record and how he actually performed last season. That said, I'm a Jets fan and I hope I'm wrong and the optimists like you are right.

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and The Dark Knight like this.