2020 Jets Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 4, 2020.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

What happened to the 17 game season?

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Next year. This year it is 16 game and 7 play off teams.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I really think forecasting wins and losses this year will be far more difficult than ever before. We are introducing a couple of levels of major complexity and variability. For one, we should not discount the impact of an empty stadium to the home field advantage of years past. Teams like Seattle, KC, NO and the like that thrive in that environment will see that advantage evaporate. But far, far more importantly, is the effect of the mandatory weekly Virus testing on all players.
    Much like last year, where Darnold was quarantined for 4 weeks after testing positive for Mono, you have no idea from week to week who will test positive or not and how long they will be off the team.. Imagine the cause and effect as players test positive during the season. On any given week you could loose one or more key contributors for 1/4 of the season or more
    Unfortunately for the players, the game, and the fans, the record will be influenced more than ever as to who, on any given week can play and who can not.
    IMO, The quality of the team you will be able to field is significantly more at risk than ever before.
    Hope I'm dead wrong.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Frankly, until they develop and distribute a vaccine/antidote, I think spectator events ought to be suspended. I know that might seem extreme and some would say unnecessary, but how else can you prevent another pandemic from erupting? Even if you eliminate the spectators, those engaging in contests or events that by definition mean they're in close contact, become prime carriers and spreaders. When you consider that less than 100 people entering the U.S. a couple of months ago triggered the rapid spread of Covid-19 to all parts of the country, this risk cannot be ignored.

All that said, owners and investors in these events will demand some sort of "return to normal" so they can recoup some of their investment and costs. Just like in all other aspects of the economy, it's the owners/investors whose interests are being taken care of, and those workers/players/performers who are deemed 'expendable' in order to deliver the product. So I'm sure the season will go on in some form.

NoodleArm, NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We still don't have a good kicker. Their OL is back as is most of their team, with some very good additions. I don't think we'll beat Buffalo in game 1 and may lose to them twice this season.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Sadly, money and power talk and the greed factor usually outrules common sense, and the wealthy have little or no concern for the poor or those who work for them.

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, the west coast trips are tough, but don't we have the QB who will embrace them the most? Sam Darnold.

Playing the Chargers and Rams will be homecomings for Sam. He gets to go home. He will probably have more fans at both games than the actual Chargers will.

Not saying they will be easy, but I think Sam and the team will embrace them.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You bet Dark Knight, and I will be One of them, if they let us in.

9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Looks like we dont have to worry about Ed Oliver week 1 :p

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Every year people complain about the schedule. Its the most overrated part about predicting your teams record. Especially in the off season.
    [​IMG]

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good stat! Thanks!

Brook! and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If we don't win more with a supposedly improved team it falls on the coaches and players. No more excuses.

101GangGreen101 likes this.