2020 Draft - WR Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm curious why you think they'd take Jeudy over Lamb, when Murray played with Lamb and already has chemistry with him. I don't know much about the Cardinals, so there easily could be a good reason why, I just can't imagine what it might be. Thanks.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jeudy is a better receiver, but outside of that, we rarely see the college to pro reuniting of teammates or players to coaches by design.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I meant Lamb, I'll make the edit to my post now

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I prefer Lamb. I think Jeudy has talent don't get me wrong, but the other wrs on that team took pressure off him a lot. Alabama is stacked at receiver. Lamb in the other hand has a lot of the tools and was the #1 weapon. A guy like him can make Sam's job a lot easier imo. As I have said before I wouldn't be as hesitant to trade back if Jeudy is there as I would if Lamb is there. Granted both would have to be the right offer. I just can't see passing on Lamb.

6. NYJFOREVER

If either of them are there at 11, the Jets better be sprinting to the podium.

7. J-Raw24

I disagree. If we are offer a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd I listen. If its Jeudy I make the trade. Then I draft Jefferson and 2 oline instead of Jeudy.

Mogriffjr, JetsNation06 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

Nobody is offering that for Jeudy or Lamb.

FJF likes this.
  9. J-Raw24

If you say so but every thought about the same about devin bush... Steelers have a 1st and 2nd last year plus a 3rd this year to move up from 20 to 10 and get him. I think you're wrong I think a lot of team enamored with Jeudy will make the trade.

10. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Here’s a name that had’nt Been mentioned...jalen reagor he Could possibly be there in the second round he’s a burner 4.29 in the 40 and he returns punts....He’ll need some work on his route running but that’s were Hines Ward comes in To coach him up..... get the O-line first !!! This is a Deep WR draft class There should be value in the second round on WR....But none of that will matter if we don’t get O-lineman who can block for sam.... i like Reagor! With good coaching you can teach route running you can’t teach speed...Speed kills

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know that I agree that Jeudy is a better WR than Lamb. Jeudy may be a better route runner, but Lamb is more dynamic and is better after the catch.

Why would it be designed such that one doesn't re-unite a college QB and his favorite WR? What possible negatives could there be if the WR fits the scheme/type of WRs a team wants?

JetsNation06 and J-Raw24 like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not a big Reagor guy myself. I think he will operate best out of the slot. There's no doubt that he's both fast and talented and probably struggle at times because of his true freshman quarterback.

I think he's going to get ragdolled around in the NFL. Not a lot of strength and that can be fine if you can avoid the big hits. I see him struggling with that. But we'll see.

He will probably be a late riser because he's going to run well.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

hey Hollywood Brown did just fine.

you can't teach speed...and the Jets need LOTS of it.

jetstopgun likes this.
  14. J-Raw24

We've had speed though. We haven't had a big target wr for darnold. We need both. I personally don't think reagor is worth 11th over all. He does have speed and I would want someone who can take the top off, but not that high. The super fast guys tend to be more a compliment receiver than anything. They need paired with someone who can get jump balls, have reach to get throws the corner can't etc. Honestly if Mac had used the money on Anderson instead of Enunwa we would just need a 6'3-6'4 big frame receiver. But our gms have been trash.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I’ve read that reagor route tree is extremely limited, like he doesn’t run good routes at all right now so he’s a project and I don’t think that’s what the Jets need right now. I wouldn’t spend 11 on Reagor ...I think if anything you can wait until the 2nd and get Hamler if you want.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Here's your sleeper - Quintez Cephus, Wisconsin.

Broke his leg in his freshman year; sat out second year after being expelled for legal issues; acquitted and reinstated in August and worked his way right back in and led the team in receiving in an offense that was very focused on Jonathan Taylor's running. Listed at 6'1" and 207.

Very good hands, few drops, adjusts very well to the ball and will fight for it; does not shun contact; quick enough but his combine time will probably not set any records. I've seen 4.5 mentioned.

There's probably a tape out there somewhere. Probably third or fourth round unless his hands move him up in his combine work or the past legal issues push him back.

#56 Ralebird, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    blackssmagic and J-Raw24 like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Any love for our wr coach’s son?

#57 FJF, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I just hope that if we take a WR in this draft, he doesn't become another Stephen Hill, Ardarius Stewart, Jalen Saunders or Chad Hansen.

blackssmagic likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

We're getting the next Nuk Hopkins when the Jets take CeeDee at 11.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

None of those guys was worth even a 3rd round pick in the draft they were selected in. Jeudy and Lamb and several of the other top WR prospects are clearly worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

If Jeudy or Lamb fails with the Jets it will be a high level bust but it won't be a case of drafting a guy like Hill who really was a marginal prospect aside from his height and speed. He never did anything in college to suggest that he could be a high volume threat down the field. The Jets just looked at the physical package and imagined he would be great. Then a few years later they took the guy with lots of midrange production in Jace Amaro despite the fact that he was slow and awkward.

If Joe Douglas really has an eye for talent and is willing to take what drops to him in the draft he'll be the first GM the Jets have had with those virtues since Bill Parcells.

NCJetsfan likes this.