2020 Draft game

Discussion in 'Draft' started by K'OB, Nov 4, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

@ColoradoContrails @J-Raw

I made this mock on thedraftnetwork.com. I'd take it any day. Becton scares me a little, but he worked hard this past season to improve, and I think he will in the NFL. I love being able to add two 6'4" WRs. One of them will surely develop into a #1 WR, and the other be a #2. I like that Pittman has experience with Sam. I don't think that Solomon Kindley will drop to the 6th round and think he will go no lower than the 3rd or 4th round, but was glad he did in this draft so I could add a 2nd OL. Alton Robinson is raw, but has excellent speed and a a great first step. He just needs to learn more moves and a couple of counter moves. He can be a situational pass rusher his first season, but hopefully, but 2021 he'll be ready to start. I passed up Tyler Biadasz to take Antonio Gibson at #79. If this had been a real draft, I probably wouldn't have done that, but wanted to add a playmaking gadget player and KR. Loved getting Anthony Gordon in the 5th. Kindle Vildor can play. He has good speed and is aggressive.

• 11. New York Jets USER PICK Mekhi Becton OT, Louisville
    • 48. New York Jets USER PICK Michael Pittman Jr. WR, USC
    • 68. New York Jets USER PICK Chase Claypool WR, Notre Dame
    • 79. New York Jets USER PICK Antonio Gibson RB, Memphis
    • 120. New York Jets USER PICK Alton Robinson EDGE, Syracuse
    • 158. New York Jets USER PICK Anthony Gordon QB, Washington State
    • 191. New York Jets USER PICK Solomon Kindley IOL, Georgia
    • 211. New York Jets USER PICK Kindle Vildor CB, Georgia Southern

SoylentGreen likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

If the real draft goes anywhere near like the mocks tonight, we need to take an OT in the 1st round. I did quite a few drafts taking CeeDee Lamb and #11, and in every single draft except one, Josh Jones was taken before #48 and Ezra Cleveland was taken before #68 (they have him ranked at #102). I was able to get Cleveland once, and reached big time to get him then. Jackson was available a couple of times but I don't like him. In the 2nd round, the choices were always WRs, CBs and DL unless I reached big time. Only one OL in this draft, but got 3 excellent WRs, a good CB prospect, and Trey Adams in the 6th.

• 11 CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

• 48 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

• 68 Bryce Hall, CB Virginia

• 79 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

• 120 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse

• 158 Anthony Gordon, QB Washington State

• 191 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

• 211 Trey Adams, OT Washington

3. NCJetsfan

• 11 Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

• 48 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

• 68 Lucas Niang, OT TCU

• 79 Tee Higgins, WR Clemson

• 120 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse

• 158 Collin Johnson, WR Texas

• 191 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

• 211 Kindle Vildor, CB Georgia Southern

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Noooo way Higgins is there at 79. He might not be there at 68. Shit be might not be there at 48! But I would love this first three rounds despite my preference being Lamb/Jeudy at 11.

5. NCJetsfan

Yeah, this site has some players rated amazingly low. Higgins, Claypool, Cleveland, and Kindley, and then several players that I have seen projected as 3rd round picks, are rated as early 2nd round picks at that site. Usually Wills is gone, and it's just Becton and Thomas there at 11 at this site. Since Wills was there with Becton and Thomas this time, I opted to do something different and take Wills.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd be very happy with this outcome. To be picky, I'm not a big fan of Alton Robinson...he's too raw and sort of an in-betweener - not powerful/fast enough as a pass rusher, not quick and agile enough to cover receivers. But of course I'm going off scouting reports and might very well be wrong. I don't know anything about Kindley and will have to look him up. Kindle Victor would be a good find if he's there at the end.

You might've been able to get Antonio Gibson with the 5th or possibly 6th pick - in my mock drafts he lasted a while, but maybe the buzz around him is changing things. But if you took an Edge at 79 you might've done better than Robinson. But then that's the whole unknown and excitement of the draft, right?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be upset with this, but it leaves us lacking again in high probability OL which I don't think is a good thing. As you said, taking WRs first leaves you at risk of this outcome, which is why I lean towards JD taking an OT first. And with the latest evals of the "top 4" OTs now saying none are a Can't miss All Pro, I'm also leaning towards wanting him to trade back a few spots - for at least another 2nd rounder - and take a "second tier" OT there, but then grabbing two WRs with the next 2 picks. There are more quality WRs than OL in this draft.

And I don't think he'll do it, but I really do hope he snags Anthony Gordon as a backup QB and "ace in the hole" if Sam falters or gets hurt.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Thanks for your comments, Colorado. Kindley is a very good pass-blocking OG that played at UGA. I have seen him projected as a 2nd -3rd rounder. As far as Antonio Gibson, no, on thedraftnetwork, they have him rated as an early 3rd round pick, which I think is probably too high, but if I wanted to take him I had to take that early. He went early in the 3rd round in every single mock draft I did. Of course, I think that site is wrong. I think he'll probably go late 3rd or in the 4th round. After all, he only had 1 year as a starter.

With regards to Robinson, you're mistaken. He is plenty fast. His problem is that he's raw technically. As you will read in his NFL.com draft profile below, he is quick and has a great first step. Just needs technique work. I think his rookie season he can be a designated rusher. Hopefully, by the 2021 season he will have learned to convert his speed to power better, developed another move or two and a couple of counter moves.

Overview
    Twitched-up edge rusher with exciting potential to become a disruptive factor in NFL backfields with a more skilled and willful approach. Robinson has the burst and bend to become a pass rushing problem for tackles early in his career, but his approach is too "one-trick" and needs workable counters to become less predictable. As a run defender, he has enough strength, but lacks consistent technique and instincts. He's worthy of consideration as a designated rusher while he smooths out the kinks and could take a big leap forward with better skill and control.
    Strengths
    • Possesses traits for NFL disruption
    • Initial movements are sudden and threatening
    • Anticipates snap and rockets upfield
    • Speed, bend and agility to flatten to QB in a hurry
    • Foot quickness for edge-to-edge rush mentality
    • Seeks out strip-sack opportunities
    • Has speed-to-power potential to unlock
    • Elusive when allowed to play in gaps
    • Can't leave him unblocked on backside
    • Instant trigger to capture backs before they hit the hole
    • Low pads and fluid lateral transitions for B-gap attack
    • Reactive athleticism to stalk and tackle bouncing runners and cutbacks
    Weaknesses
    • Below-average length along the edge
    • Needs to play with better explosiveness into blockers
    • Footwork inconsistent in holding the point
    • Needs discipline to control the throttle a bit more
    • Has issues flowing upfield beyond the play
    • Rush is speed reliant and lacks diversity
    • Hasn't honed a well-crafted counter
    • Quick hands need to become deliberate and violent
    • Rarely comes to balance as a tackler on the move
    Following are some quotes from analysts at thedraftnetwork.

"With an explosive first-step, Robinson is still in the beginner stages of figuring things out on the edge."

"With plenty of juice off of the line, while freeze framing and staying on his direct line up the field, his eyes are able to decipher the pass set of blockers and it immediately transitions his speed to power by executing certain hand tactics to help give access or an easier pathway to throwers."

"Looks like an NFL edge defender. Possesses prototypical size, length, power, and explosiveness. Physical gifts are in abundance. Knows how to maximize his length both as a pass rusher and run defender. Has a good understanding of gap discipline. Flashes impressive set-up moves with strong, active hands... constantly tries to stack together a couple of moves in his rush attack. Has decent amount of bend and short-area agility for his size to dip and flatten around the corner. Double-digit sack production in 2018."

"Has a great first step that maximizes both snap anticipation and initial explosiveness. "

"Quick fist step and he gains ideal depth with his initial steps. " and "When he wants to be explosive out of his stance, his releases are rapid and he quickly eats up turf. Quicker than he is fast which takes away some of those “effort” plays. Natural get off with no wasted movement. "

" He's got a potent first step and often times will overtake offensive tackles off the edge when he's able to tee off on the snap. Like how springy his step his to gain ground with his initial charge and he's able to close distance between pass sets and his rush with suddenness. "

It's interesting to read the reports and see how the analysts contradict each other.

The two questions I have are his motor, will he give a more consistent effort and not take plays off, and will Douglas consider him due to the fact that Robinson had to switch from Texas A&M where he initially had a scholarship that was rescinded to a second-degree robbery. It seems he stole his ex-girlfriend's purse and phone. She chased him, he dropped the purse, but kept the phone until the next day when he returned it. He didn't explain his actions, but he wasn't convicted. His coach and others were not concerned about his character.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I hate this. I just did the first three rounds...

1. Lamb
    2. Isaiah Wilson
    3. Aiyuk
    4. Hennessy

Why do I do this to myself?

10. NCJetsfan

I just had the weirdest mock draft, I've ever seen. It was on fanspeak.com' On the Clock Draft Game. One can select rankings from various sources. Well I selected the source I have used a lot before, one of the analysts for that site.

Here is my draft:

11. Jedrick Wills, Jr., OT
    48. Brandon Aiyuk, WR
    68. Cesar Ruiz, C
    79. Michael Ojemudia, CB
    120. Shane Lemieux, OG
    158. Anthony Gordon, QB
    191. Antonio Gibson, RB
    211. Rodrigo Blankenship, K

In this draft, Wills was the only top 4 OT to fall to #11. I took him and it's a good thing I did, because Josh Jones went at #15 to Denver. 9 WRs went in the first round (Jeudy #8, Ruggs #12, Lamb #13, Mims #22, Jefferson #23, Shenault #24, Higgins #28, and Pittman #30). Claypool went at #39, Reagor at #40, and Josh Uche at #44. At #48, my choices were Kenneth Murray LB, Lloyd Cushenberry, AJ Epenesa, John Simpson, kJ Hamler, Cesar Ruiz, Isaiah Wilson, and Brandon Aiyuk. I reached for Aiyuk because he was the best WR left, but don't really like him that much. I could have taken Ruiz, Cushenberry or Simpson and had the startings (along with Wills) of a great OL. I would have loved to take Isaiah Wilson and had a pair of bookend OTs for the next 10 years, but couldn't because of the WR situation. Ruiz fell to #68 and I had to take him. He was too good to pass up. I could have reached a little for Bryce Hall or Curtis Weaver, but Ruiz was too good not to take. I could have also reached for Devin Duvernay, but I'm not big on short WRs. That' seemingly all the Jets have ever had. At #79 I added Michael Ojemudia CB. I wanted to take WR Bryan Edwards, but would have had to reach a good bit to take him.

In the 4th round I took Shane Lemieux, but again really didn't want to. I did because I think he's better prospect than Donovan Peoples-Jones. I like Tyler Johnson, but would have had to make a big reach to take him.

Every one of the top 5 C prospects were all there for me to take, and many of the OGs as well. I could have easily used the first 5 picks on OL.

I did another mock just to see if the same thing would happen and it did, except Wirfs fell to #11 instead of Wills. Truly bizarre!

11. NCJetsfan

Just for giggles, I decided to do some drafts on First-Pick.com. As I suspected, they didn't have OT as a need. They had DE, WR and CB as their 3 main needs. I traded down with Minnesota to #22 and got their #25 pick as well. Also as I suspected, because they didn't have OT even as a need for the Jets, much less a major need, they only gave me a B+ for the draft. I think trading down and getting a LT prospect who's a perfect fit for the Jets' blocking scheme and Justin Jefferson would be awesome. Not those dumbasses. I hoped to get an WR in the 2nd round and Tee Higgins was there. I think that's a very solid draft. The only pick I'd do over would be the last pick. I'd take a K or P instead. That's hardly a B- draft. They had Michael Pittman and Chase Claypool as day 3 picks. I don't agree.

Your score is: 34932 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 22 (MINN): Josh Jones, OT, Houston (B+)
    Round 1 Pick 25 (MINN): Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 3 Pick 15: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 12: Kindle Vildor, CB, Ga. Southern (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 12: Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 32: Gage Cervenka, C/OG, Clemson (B+)

#111 NCJetsfan, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    MDJets and WW85 like this.
  12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

First go around on Fan Speak Simulator. All 4 Top OT's off the board. No trades allowed.

Picked Jeudy, think he will handle press better than Lamb. Had to go with best available Tackle, Rd 2. Niang could go very late Rd 1 or early 2.

Dantzler is a very strong possibility, physical player. Double dipped on WR, I'm a huge Duvenay fan, explosive player that is mostly inside but can stretch the field, team, captain, a leader.

Liked Kelley, but convinced he was special watching Senior Bowl week.

Nate Stanley, smart player, we could use another reserve QB.

11: R1 P11 WR, JERRY JEUDY, ALABAMA

48: R2 P16 OT, LUCAS NIANG, TCU

68: R3 P4 CB, CAMERON DANTZLER, MISSISSIPPI STATE

79: R3 P15 WR; DEVIN DUVERNAY, TEXAS

120: R4 P14 EDGE, KENNY WILLEKES, MICHIGAN STATE

158: R5 P12 RB, JOSHUA KELLEY, UCLA

191: R6 P12 OG, KYLE MURPHY, RHODE ISLAND

211: R6 P32 QB, NATE STANLEY, IOWA

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

Your score is: 39294 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 11: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Curtis Weaver, DE/DT, Boise St. (A)
    Round 3 Pick 6 (MIA): Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 15: Cesar Ruiz, C/OG, Michigan (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (MIA): Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8 (MIA): Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 12: Kindle Vildor, CB, Ga. Southern (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 12: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 32: Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M (A+)

MDJets likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Just for the heck of it, I decided to do a Carolina Panthers draft at first pick.

The Raiders gave me picks #12 and #19 for #7. The game had the Panthers biggest needs at DT, CB, ILB and DE. After trading down, and adding another #1 pick, I still got Derrick Brown. With pick #19 I got the best 4-3 DE left Epenesa. With the 2nd round pick, I got Patrick Queen, rated by many as a 1st round pick. Next they showed a need at OLB, so I took the best OLB left, Wille Gay. They next showed OG as a need, so I took Damien Lewis rated as a 3rd round pick. The CB need didn't line up with their picks, but that draft would totally overhaul their front 7 for their new HC who was a Defensive Coach. They're tanking. Still I added a good QB prospect in Anthony Gordon. Even if he doesn't develop into a starting-caliber QB, he could develop into a solid backup. They also showed TE as a need, but by the time it showed as a need, the top TEs were gone. Parkinson was by far the best TE prospect left in the 5th round. All the grades are A+s except one Am and I get a B+. What a bunch of clueless bastards they are.

Your score is: 37311 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 12 (L.V.): Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 19 (L.V.): A.J. Epenesa, DE/OLB, Iowa (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 6: Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A)
    Round 3 Pick 5: Willie Gay Jr., OLB, Miss. State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 7: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 2: Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6: Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 5: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Antoine Brooks Jr., FS/SS, Maryland (A+)

15. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

16. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

My final mock with a couple of trade backs dream scenario\
    \GAME OVER!

Your score is: 39885 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14 (T.B.): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 13 (T.B.): Austin Jackson, OT, USC (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss. State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A)
    Round 3 Pick 26 (HOU): Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 5 (HOU): Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 19 (JAX): A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 25 (HOU): Michael Divinity Jr., ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 12: Jacob Phillips, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 27 (JAX): Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 32: Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii (A)

Your Future Picks:
    2021 Round 1 Pick
    2022 Round 1 Pick

MDJets likes this.
  17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

My highest score yet.

QBs really dropped in this draft.

YOUR TEAM: NEW YORK JETS
    GAME OVER!

Your score is: 44849 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 11: Isaiah Simmons, OLB/ILB, Clemson (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 7 (LAC): Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 23 (N.E.): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 6 (LAC): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 7 (CAR): Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Chase Claypool, WR/TE, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 19 (N.E.): Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6 (CAR): K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 18 (DAL): Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 33 (DAL): Khaleke Hudson, OLB/FS, Michigan (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 24 (N.O.): Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms, OG, Missouri (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 32: Drew Richmond, OT, USC (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 17 (DAL): Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia (A+)

Your Future Picks:
    2021 Round 1 Pick
    2022 Round 1 Pick

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Your score is: 42315 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 22 (MINN): A.J. Epenesa, DE/OLB, Iowa (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 25 (MINN): Josh Jones, OT, Houston (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Jacob Eason, QB, Washington (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 15: Robert Hunt, OT/OG, Louisiana (A)
    Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Matt Hennessy, C/OG, Temple (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 17 (L.V.): Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 7 (CAR): Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 2 (CAR): K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6 (CAR): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 12: A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma St. (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 12: Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 32: Trevon Hill, DE/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)

Your Future Picks:
    2021 Round 1 Pick
    2022 Round 1 Pick

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Not chasing a score but this is my dream draft!

Your score is: 38914 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14 (T.B.): Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 13 (T.B.): Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG, LSU (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Tyler Biadasz, C/OG, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 3 Pick 15: Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Ben Bartch, OT/OG, St. John's (MN) (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 17 (CHI): K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 12: Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 29 (G.B.): Kamal Martin, OLB, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 30 (G.B.): Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 32: J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona (A+)

Your Future Picks:
    2021 Round 1 Pick
    2022 Round 1 Pick

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

My first attempt for 2021

YOUR TEAM: NEW YORK JETS
    GAME OVER!

Your score is: 47124 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A)
    Round 1 Pick 29: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 5: Quincy Roche, DE/OLB, Miami (A)
    Round 3 Pick 5: Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 5: Tommy Kraemer, OG, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 11 (N.O.): Zamir White, RB, Georgia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 21 (CLE): Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pittsburgh (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 1 (ATL): Charles Snowden, DE/OLB, Virginia (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 2: Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 5: Damone Clark, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 11 (N.O.): Dimitri Moore, ILB/OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 31 (G.B.): Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 5: Keith Taylor, CB, Washington (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 29: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (A+)

Your Future Picks:
    2022 Round 1 Pick
    2023 Round 1 Pick