2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The whole time watching the Bucks Nets series, every time it was in Brooklyn I was so perplexed by how crazy the Nets fans were over "their team." Like they really don't understand somehow that the players don't give 2 shits about the Franchise. They're literally only there because it's happenstance of where the besties decided to go for now. They'll be gone before you know it, and guys like Steph, Giannis, and Dame will continue to be loyal, true dudes.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I grew up a Nets fan during the Jason Kidd/RJ era into the Vince Carter years and then the disastrous Deron Williams + old Celtics saga. I am so far disconnected from these super teams that I'm pretty much not a fan anymore. I found myself rooting for the Knicks this year because they were somewhat organically built and play hard.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch what Embiid and Rivers said about Simmons? His time is done in Philly.. just not sure they can move that $. It might be as bad as the KP contract LOL

Side note about Rivers -- How overrated has this guy been? He's done so little while having talent all over the place. He's lucky KG fell into his lap in Boston or he wouldn't have a title

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They need to get off Simmons' back. They got to where they are because of him. He shut down Westbrook in the 1st round and he shut down Trae Young. Young 5-23 last night. That shoulda been enough to win.

Embiid pointing fingers when his turnovers lost the game

They are gonna push out a 24 year old 7 footer point guard who is an elite defender. he will go somewhere else and be a star, and I hope he does cause Philly is trash

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There have been murmurs of a rift between Simmons and Embiid for a couple years now and Rivers was supposed to fix that. It looks like he did for the regular season but I also don't get why they want him gone so bad.

You're right, Nagle. He does a lot of shit that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. And they did the right thing this year in trying to load up on shooters around the two of them.

Rivers has been super overrated forever. Seems like a cool guy - bad playoff basketball coach.

JetBlue likes this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Id take Simmons on the celtics, need a PG. Would definitely have to get rid of Smart though.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd take him too on the Knicks. His Defense under Thibs? Welcome back NYC basketball baby.

(Core 4).

C; Mitchell Robinson.
    PF: Julius Randle.
    2G: R.J Barrett.
    PG: Ben Simmons.

Quality role player (long term).

PG: Immanuel Quickley.
    PF: Obi Toppin.

+ Damn near 3 first round picks this upcoming draft.

8. NYJalltheway

That's funny cuz I liked the Nets as a kid too. Kidd was my favorite player in that time range. I moved on though lol.

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

These playoffs honestly are just lackluster. The injuries pretty much ruined the Lakers, Clippers and Nets.

I actually wanna see the Hawks win the whole thing at this point because it would be one of the most surprising finals winners ever but overall whichever team wins, is probably one of the weakest champions in NBA history.

The Nets really blew it to. They were probably an overtime away from winning the whole thing. I think they would have closed the rest of these teams out.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Pretty crazy ending to the game tonight. With the Clippers up 1 point with 6 seconds to go, Paul George misses two foul shots, the Suns come down and take a 3 to win it that misses, get another chance with 0.9 seconds left and score on a perfect lob and dunk, and LA doesn't get a shot off at the end, all of which took about 15 or 20 minutes with repeated stoppages for replay reviews.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

NBA action…it’s fantastic!ally slow.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

Just something I remembered.

13. JackBower

Nets lost so now we get to hear the injury excuse.

So weird that they got injured with harden starting the season looking like a small offensive lineman and getting a soft tissue injury, or Kyrie and his pto/being a pos so karma had to slap him.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

There will never be another Reggie Miller to me but Trae Young has quickly approached Reggie Miller status to me. I absolutely can not stand anything about him.

With that said he's the NBA's next Steph Curry kid can do it all lights out from 3, money at the FT line, crazy handles/dribbles and an awesome passer however he fights on D and rebounds like Curry never could've.

papapump likes this.
  15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Seriously, I think he’s already surpassed Miller.

16. NYJalltheway

Fuck the Hawks. Trae is a bitch.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Before tonight he's struggled almost as bad as my dude Julius Randle lol

No seriously. I want to spit @ his face everytime I see it on my big screen.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Middleton with back to back to back 3's here in the 4th!

I'll tell you what. I feel a lot better about our Knicks being eliminated after first LeBron and A.D getting bounced as LeBron walked off the court without his teammates, Brooklyn not winning it all (thnx god for us already tortured NYC fan base) and now Milwaukee up 2-1 while Trae Young has wet the ECF bed shooting horrible.

Bucks vs Suns.

I think Milwaukee wins it all and Greek Freak earns the respect that LeBron and K.D and A.D and so many others never could and never did; due to bandwagon ring chasing.

And Middleton is a way better side kick than I thought.

#178 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. JackBower

He finally made it, Frank "the tank" Kaminski is IN the NBA finals.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. NYJalltheway

Lol amazing. And a Badger.