2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Irving needs to just quit the stupid shenanigans. I actually really like his game. But damn dude, fix yourself, grow up, this is embarrassing

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This and the Harden nonsense is what happens when players control the league.

Jonathan_Vilma and stinkyB like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

Nets should trade Irving to the Wizards for Westbrook and go full on Thunder

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He’s been like this since he came into the league, he just managed to hide it, I was so happy when Celtics acquired him and by the end of the year I couldn’t wait for him to be off the team.

JackBower likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think the guy has a bi-polar depression issue.

I have a good friend who quit taking his meds (was totally normal, and I never knew he took anti-depressants).... well, he totally went off the range in a manic episode. He ever needs cash, there's potential for a great screen play o_O

I'm nowhere near the fan I used to be (primarily due to james Dolan being a ginormous douche), but if the NETS dont win a title this trade will be a mess

#26 stinkyB, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  7. JackBower

I don't know any celtics fans, myself included, who didn't want to give him a ride to the airport

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah man. I have a friend whose also a Nets fan and he's all mad at Marks for making this trade. I'm sure he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

KD probably called the owner and said since Kyrie's being a jerkoff, please get Harden at all costs.

Honestly you could be right. Brandon Marshall should give him a call. He's been a good guy for mental illness ever since he had his struggles.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. JackBower

On the other side of the trade, very interested to see the Wall/Oladipo pairing. Those 2 fit well regarding style.

Pacers got a great player in Lavert, I really think that kid is a star.

Hopefully Nets/Rockets play again. You know Boogie is going to take a shot at him.

10. JackBower

I think it's hard for it not to be that way. It's a player driven league. 1 superstar can be difference between top 3 pick or top 3 seed.

Lebron could go to worst team in NBA and they probably at least make conference finals.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Him and Durant are probably the only players that's the case for though. There's some guys that would force teams to automatically be playoff teams and it's definitely a star driven league but it's getting ridiculous at this point.

Melo was a 'superstar' at least if you ask some and he struggled making the playoffs. Tracy McGrady never won a playoff series. List kinda goes on.

#31 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    JackBower likes this.
  12. JackBower

Celtics played probably their worst game in 10 years vs the Knicks this afternoon... but once the Knicks get a few more pieces and a roster that makes a little more sense they will be in good shape.

13. BrowningNagle

The Brooklyn "Big 3". Durant, Irving and Harden :D

[​IMG]

JackBower likes this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Kyrie had some personal issues. Hope he’s good now, need him for the title run. Go Nets.

15. JackBower

Yea, 40 mil a year basketball player needed a pause. Victim.

joe likes this.
  16. JackBower

The NBA really needs to look the shooter jumping into the defender to draw fouls.

I just saw Embiid boarderline plank in mid air, almost landed face first, and got the foul.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That would be assuming that the NBA is in any way interested in calling a consistent game.

JackBower likes this.
  18. JackBower

Too funny kyrie is labeled the PG and Harden the SG... would anyone be surprised if it came out Kyrie demanded that?

Since Celtics came back from covid theres really nothing to like. I get Tatums out, but they are way too 3 happy (something they fall into every year), they foul way too much and in my opinion they are in the bottom 3 teams in terms of 3 pt D.. and it's never really been that great since Stevens has been HC IMO.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't know how people consistently watch regular season basketball. There's about 4 minutes of some intensity in the first quarter and then there is zero defense or intensity the rest of the game unless it happens to be close in the last couple minutes. The flopping is awful, everything near the basket is automatically a foul.

Pass, pass, wide open three with no closeout defender. Or - pass, pass, turnover, dunk on the fastbreak with no one running back. And lastly. Drive to the lane, bad foul call, and one.

I never watched a lot of CBB but recently got into it this year. And while it's a bit more monotonous and can get boring at times, the product is way better.

abyzmul likes this.
  20. JackBower

If you don't like NBA, you don't like NBA. Each his own. I find it more entertaining than NFL because NFL is 5 seconds of play, 40 seconds to minutes of waiting for 5 more seconds of play.

There's are teams that dog it in every sport, NFL included. I will agree there are teams, like the Nets, who dog it more than they try... but those teams typically get eliminated in the playoffs to better teams who put forth a more consistent effort during the year. NBA players are also the most diva, but it's 5 people on a court per team and that alone gives them more power in the industry.

Celtics were a good example of a team who came to play nightly. Sadly that is past tense this year so far, and it shows during crunch time.

On the flip side, definitely not a CBB fan. I find the athleticism and skill of NBA what makes it fun to watch.