2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I feel like we both feel the same way as Jets fans lol, but hey one of us will be happy in the end. GG for game 1.

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I don't think so, I think the Sun's will do this. I don't trust the Bucks at all, and honestly Gianni's was the weak point of the team last night for the Bucks. He was coming off an injury so I'll give him some slack but the sloppy turnovers he had is just part of his style of play it seems.

I just don't trust him when it comes to crunch time either. If he proves me wrong and wins the finals, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong about him, but Ill believe it when I see it.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's not a pure enough scorer to be able to carry a team late in games. He's a put his head down and bulldoze through people and he's incredible at it but it's easy to counter by flooding the paint in the fourth quarter when they're not giving fouls away for free.

He's only 26 so he still has a shot to modify his game, but he needs a coach to work him into the paint like Spoelstra did with LeBron after he hired Hakeem to work his post footwork. It did fucking wonders for opening the floor up. Giannis isn't the naturally gifted pure passer LeBron is but he's pretty good moving the ball. I don't think he'll ever have a jump shot because his limbs are simply too long.

Anyways - cool finals. There's no villain here for the majority of NBA fans and Chris Paul can retire peacefully if he gets his ring.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He's a solid talent but he reminds me of Lebron in terms of confidence and overall clutchness when Lebron was 26.

This is a very winnable series for the Bucks if Giannis can play well and come up big when has too. He has a golden opportunity in front of him and the stars have kinda aligned so he can't afford to lose it because it might be a lot more difficult in the coming years.

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Giannis is playing out of his mind right now but the bucks trail by 10 late in the fourth.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bucks lose. Giannis played good but not enough. I think Bucks will play better at home.

7. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Giannis was a fucking unstoppable beast in the 3rd. I’m not gonna lie when the Buck cut it to 6 points with 4mins and change remaining I was getting nervous.

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought they had a chance to steal the game.

I honestly thought the series would be 1-1 after 2 games but it's 2-0. If Bucks lose either game at home this series is over in 5 imo. Giannis played one of his best games and they still lost.

9. Baumeister

They just kept fighting the whole game refusing to give up. I do agree that if the Bucks drop one at home it will be hard for them to come back. I am of course biased when it come to the Suns so I do hope the Suns get one in Milwaukee but I would not be surprised if the Bucks take both games at home.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bucks bounce back and win a must win game. Game 4 is another must win for them. Giannis played superb too and got help tonight

Baumeister likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

If nothing else, at least I've finally seen a finals game win.

Baumeister likes this.
  12. Baumeister

Bucks put it all together tonight. Suns played well in spurts but they just couldn’t overcome the momentum the Bucks had. After the Cam Johnson dunk and one I thought they had a chance to turn it around. Then they cut the Bucks lead to 6. The Buck however said “No fucking way not tonight”

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Side note:

USA Basketball lost 2 straight exhibition games.

14. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Booker just committed his sixth foul. Referee looked the other way. WTF

NYJalltheway likes this.
  15. NYJalltheway

Not surprised. The NBA is probably the worst officiated sport in the world.

IDFjet likes this.
  16. Baumeister

Fu@$&g Suns had multiple opportunities to put this things to bed and they choked each time. Up by nine to start the 4th and just fucked it all off from there. The Bucks took advantage of the Suns shortcomings tonight for sure. Chris Paul played like ass. This just in the Suns turned the ball over again in the locker room. Best of 3 now. Anybody’s series.

17. NYJalltheway

To be fair, Book should have been out for half of the final quarter. Can't wait for the next few games.

18. Baumeister

The refs did a horrible job all around. It like NBA refs can never get a call right. I was as shocked as anyone when the refs swallowed their whistles on that one. Have a good rest of your week.

19. NYJalltheway

You too my dude lol. I really hope we can be chill when it's all said and done.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah this type of stuff is why I have trouble watching NBA games anymore. Feels like a farce.