2019 Preseason Week 3: New Orleans Saints @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 15, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

both could end up getting cut before we kick this season off

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You feel good with just Bell, Ty and Powell? I think Cannon is locking up a role on special teams.

FJF likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they usually always bring in players cut by other teams, I could see that happening with the 4th RB spot

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Cannon makes the team, I think it will be solely because of his STs play/potential and speed, not because of his production or potential on offense. I do think however, if a youngish RB who has potential for the future is released, that Douglas might sign him and let Cannon go.

Noam likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

cannon did look better then powell and maguire though this game and out of the 3 he's by and far the best special teams player which is something you look for in a RB3

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, the only thing I worry is that we don't have someone that can toke the ball 15 20 times a game, if something were to happen to Bell. None of the backups could be relied on for 20 touches a game. Ty, too many carries and he will break down. I wish we had a bruiser on this roster.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

depends if we keep a 4th RB or not. I think if bell went down and we kept either powell or maguire, between that and ty and cannon we'd be fine. if it was just ty and cannon left i'd be a little concerned

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think we will keep 4 RB's, with Cannon being the 4th and providing Special teams value.
    Montgomery looks like a great addition, and can't wait to see him and Bell on field together.
    Powell is needed as he can run between the tackles better than Montgomery imo.

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Be prepared to be surprised .

BacktoQueens likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. There were a couple of pretty good power backs in the draft, but of course, Mac didn't think it important. Maybe one will shake loose. The kid from Appalachian St. has some power, but he's still injured. I wonder if they'll IR him, release, or put him on the PUP/Inactive list (or whatever it's called) as long as they can and then maybe he can go on the PS and begin practicing during the season

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Cannon has been a lock to make the team for a few months now even without him returning kicks. His job as a gunner puts him on the team. Prior to camp starting Boyer just raved about his love for Cannon. It would be shocking to see Cannon cut. One would think Boyer would be pissed.

For the same reason Tomlinson might make the team. Tomlinson was arguably our best st player on returns last year although Brown wss brought in for the same role and probably should get the nod ahead of Tomlinson.

One of the best things Mac did was what he did last year using the bottom of the roster for core st teams guys rather than potential backup position players. Then bringing in Bellamy and Brown this year plus drafting their number one rated st player in the entire draft in Cashman.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.