2019 NFL Week 9: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 28, 2019.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we may soon here about another suspension??

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Another?

stinkyB likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

out on a limb here but I will go with Dolphins 24 Jets 21 in OT and lets just say if and when this actually happens theres a good chance that the TGG server crashes or possibly just explodes.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Honestly I think this board is 50/50 split on if we're winning or not. Part of me wants the Jets to lose because I believe it'll seal Gase's fate here, but the other part of me really wants Sam to go out and chuck 3 TDs and squish the fish.

CBG likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have a hard time seeing how we don't win this game by 20 points. Miami is especially bad and we are a team that needs some confidence. Miami is the kind of team that should help give us that confidence and start us on a roll for the next 6 games. After the last 7 games i have a hard time believing what I just wrote but I will put my faith in Miami being so bad that they have no real chance against even us.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Given all the faux drama bullshit this week, I think it "galvanizes" the team this week, and they take down the mighty divisional foe and send Marino home to do another isotoner commercial in shame.......

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

You should really try to choke to death that part of you smoothly with a pillow. That’s exactly what happened last season when Darnold went full Rodgers and orchestrated the comeback at Buffalo, which in perspective wasn’t the best thing that could’ve happen. I mean, sure yes, we beat the Bills (which I think I hate even more than the Fish) but that win put us at 3 instead of at 2 at the draft, we missed Bosa because of it and then MacAssman proceded to drop the ball yet again and ended up picking an interior DL instead of a pass rusher (Josh Allen).

This time around is not about the draft order rather than Gase’s job though. It may sting to lose to the Fish but overall, it’s more important for the future of the team that Gase is one and done over a meaningless victory.

#87 PabloJa, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

Nah, this team doesn't have playoff hopes so it's whatever. It stings watching our FQB play horrible every week.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This team does not have a franchise quarterback.

10. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

It does, now imagine him playing horrible in 2020 also if Gase stays. And how could he stay, you ask? Well, Chris Johnson will be fooled if we have a couple of victories here and there even if they’re against the worst teams in the league.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This team does not have a NFL caliber Offense or HC to judge him on..

Pepsiguy5, CBG, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

Not sure why it’s so difficult for people to understand this. Everything ALWAYS has to be the quarterbacks fault to some people

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I see more people going too far defending Darnold than unfairly criticizing him.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There are definitely some things to criticize him about - his poor footwork & trying to do to much when the play is dead just to name a few - but to just say we don’t have a FQB when you can’t even evaluate him with this schmuck of a coach is blasphemy IMO.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you can’t see how we lose this game I invite you to take a look at the team history. It’s not figuring how they lose its figure if out how they lose this time

CBG likes this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

I think it's almost impossible for a QB to succeed with what's on this roster and this coaching staff. I will criticize Sam for being too careless with the ball and trying to press, but again it's hard to blame the kid when you see what he's working with.

17. NYJFOREVER

Add the fact that Miami hasn't been as bad as their record indicates over the last 3-4 games. They lost to Washington on a 2pt conversion, had Buffalo on the ropes in Buffalo, and had a 14 point lead against Pittsburgh. With Fitzpatrick under center they have been playing some competitive football. I could easily see us losing, especially if we fall behind early.

#96 NYJFOREVER, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Correct. That does not make him a franchise quarterback by default.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Neither does it make him suck... Darnold cannot be judged in a vacuum but instead, as a part of an entire system consisting of his support.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

There seems to be a difference in the meaning of franchise QB on this board. Sam is the franchise QB as in, the Jets long-term plans are formulated around him. One would hope a franchise QB is elite, but he does not have to be. For example, Flacco was a franchise QB for the Ravens. He was never elite, but he was their guy for 10 years.

Cman68 likes this.
  21. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Don't look now..but it's already 7 PM on Sat..

Perhaps 24 hours from now after losing to the stinkin bottom barrel Fish we see the end of Daylight Sav Time and AGase!?!?