2019 NFL Week 7: NE Cheaters @ New York Jets (MNF) (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 13, 2019.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2019.
  1. Jets

42.4%
  2. Cheaters

57.6%
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Very dramatic response, but this is good news regardless.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I’m shocked the poll is that close. Figured there would be way more NO votes than yes. I voted yes for a few reasons.

1) I don’t think the Pats D is as good as advertised. Look at who they have gone up against and it feels like every week they are scoring on D/ST. Sam is the best QB they are going against all year - i don’t think Ben was 100% week one.
    2) Giants D played very very well against New England last week and i think our D is better than the Giants
    3) they don’t have a premier pass rusher like a Miles Garrett or Lawrence that can get after Sam. It seems that most of the pressure the Pats get is from confusing the OL and QB so they don’t know where it’s coming from
    4) Sam Darnold.

3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We went from vying for the #1 pick to wild card contenders in 1 week lolol oh to be a Jet fan

PabloJa, Ptflea2 and Acad23 like this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They are still in it because the AFC is weak. Same for the Giants at 2-4 they are still in the race for the division( they wont win) because the Eagles and Cowboys are 3-3. Lot of mediocre play in the league this year.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm not @Brook! but I know we're winning this game. The last 6 times we've played NE in MetLife its been pretty close. This tweet is our last 6 games against them at home with some teams that were much worse than this 2019 squad and with QBs that are definitively worse than Sam is now.

I do not believe the Cheats defense is as good as they look. Outside of Big Ben in week 1, they've beaten up on the likes of Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, Josh Allen, Case Keenum, and Daniel Jones

Their OL doesn't generate a push in the run game and they might not have Gordon. Find a way to stop White + Edelman on 3rd downs and we'll be alright on defense.

Darnold has the talent to make enough throws to get us a win on Monday night.

mark82 likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Feel free to start a thread :)

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I can't mush it, you're the guy.

Brook! likes this.
  8. ERR

ERR New Member

If you are focused on the Patriots' weaknesses, I think you are barking up the wrong tree talking about their D. The defense is amazing, but they are beatable because the game has 3 phases.

1. The Pats offensive line is one of the weakest in recent memory. The loss of Pro Bowl caliber center David Andrews for the year not only weakened their pass and run blocking, but took away the guy who makes all the complex line calls for Brady. Add in the fact that they have basically a scrub starting at LT (Newhouse) and Shaq Mason is inexplicably having a bad year and they can be had a lot of different ways. The O-Line will be better by the end of the year (particularly if Wynn comes back) but right now, it is a patchwork at best. If someone gets hurt, it could be a full-on disaster.
    2. Their offensive skill positions are weak. Their TEs are terrible, and they are bringing in the washed up Ben Watson in the hope of getting replacement level pass catching anyway. Matt LaCosse is both mediocre and hurt. Izzo is...not that Izzo. At WR if Gordon is out, they desperately need Phil Dorsett to come back -- but he is really a number 3 option. Without Gordon they will likely be relying on Jakobi Meyers to litigate the ball down the field. And they have no fullback while their primary RB (Sony Michel) seems built to follow FBs.
    3. Their kicker sucks. Extra points and short field goals are hold-your-breath moments. Long field goals are just not an option. Don't be surprised to see them go for it on 4th and 5 from the 30.

Their defense is a nightmare and is getting better every week. Gotta beat them where they are weak.

twown likes this.
  9. dawinner127

Big Ben - hurt?
    Rosen / fitz
    Keenum
    Falk
    Jones
    Josh Allen

Darnold is the best QB they will face. I’ll believe their D is as good as advertised when they face real talent on the other side of the field.

ERR likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't know why you need more proof that NE has a good defense. that defense led them to a Super Bowl title less than a year ago, embarrassing the league's best offense in the Super Bowl.

so they've played some bums this year.... they've also put up historic, record-breaking defensive numbers against those bums

it's gonna be a challenge to score on them

ERR likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

a few weeks ago when we faced them, the Jets didn't stand a chance with Luke Falk at QB, of course. But even still - Brady was cutting through Gregg Williams' D with ease. It was 20-0 before Gase could even get through his first 15 plays

Darnold ain't gonna fix that

The Defense needs to step up big time. no excuses with the Pats weak offensive line and mediocre weapons. If anyone is going to beat the Patriots this year it needs to be a 17-14 ish.. type game

Acad23 likes this.
  12. dawinner127

Where did I say the defense isn’t good? People are talking about them like they are the 86 Bears or 2000 Ravens. They haven’t gone up against anything all year.

If the Jets can get to 24 points, not turn the ball over on O, and not kill themselves with penalties (holding on a 3rd down conversion or defensive holding on a 3rd DOwn stop) i think they can win.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't think Ben was hurt when they played and he is the best QB the Pats have faced up to this point by far.

14. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

The Pats are gonna be going for it on 4th A LOT in this game (unless they never get to 4th) because of their kicking situation.

If Jets can find a way to stop them on a good percentage of those attempts, they will have a SHOT. If not, it's going to be an uphill climb against this D, I don't care WHO our QB is.

15. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

And for those saying Darnold is the best QB they will face....

This may prove to ultimately be true, but lets just slow the roll a little bit. I'd like to see him string some good performances together before declaring him the man.

In truth, being a Jets fan for more than a few decades now has conditioned me to not believe he's the man until I see him hoisting a Lombardi trophy. It's a defense mechanism.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

I will be very surprised if the Jets get 24 points. very surprised. unless most of it is in garbage time or something

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a rather low scoring game. The Jets will play tough but come up short...

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think having Sam back does have a positive effect on our defense...we saw it against Dallas.

Monday night home game against our most hated rival...if the players & coaches can't get it up for that then they might as well tank the rest of the season.

This game is pivotal.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Brook, the latest line is the Pats by 9.5 points. This to me is an interesting poll. I would definitely take the Jets with the 9.5 points!

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. Wp.

ERR likes this.