2019 NFL Week 5: New York Jets @ Phildalephia Eagles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 3, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This injury isn't Gase's fault either, but it's no shock Osemele is hurt given he's old and injury-prone. It's what happens when you have to patch up your OL in free agency because you never addressed it in the draft. #ThanksMac

Cman68 and PabloJa like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

30 years old and started in 88% of games the last 5 years. not sure I would call him old or injury prone

Ralebird likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hate Eagles. I hate Giants too. Go Cowboys in NFC East.

4. HomeoftheJets

30 is old for an offensive lineman, and he only started 11 games last year.

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Wasn't he going to get killed behind the OL last year according to many on here as well. He survived that with a minor hiccup (that may well just have been an excuse), only to get laid low by mono. If his spleen is normal he plays. It really is as simple as that.

TonyFtLaud, Ralebird, FJF and 2 others like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh I agree.

Don't mistake my posts as if I'm sold on Gase. I just can not blame him solely for where we are right now. If this continues with Darnold then I will immediately join in calling for a change.

I logically can not bring myself to blame him for this shit show. It's fuckin insane how many injuries this team has had, not to mention the absolute piss poor talent from years past

K'OB and mrjet80 like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

100% correct....I also don't think he realized how truly poor the overall talent is until probably sometime in training camp. Douglas has his work cut out for him.....

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Actually 30 isn't terribly old for an OL - a lot of OL have performed and still perform at a decent level well into their 30's. However, that being said, in KO's case, he does have an injury history and that usually will not correct itself at this point in a player's career - it will get worse.

Considering that this was a Mac acquisition and the cost of KO next season - it would not surprise me to see Douglas find a way to cut ties with KO this coming offseason....

The OL is gonna look a lot different next season. Count on it.....

CotcheryFan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. Beki

Beki Active Member

I expect, KO will not be a Jet in next offseason. We will see how Lewis will replace him and slowly time to see Edoga in LT or RT.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Osemele is only good player on that offensive line and ya'll are already taking about replacing him after 3 games

Makes me wonder how in the hell Brian Winters survived the axe for this long? He's like the guy who hides in the corner when the factory makes layoffs, hoping they'll forget about him so he doesn't get a pink sheet

11. HomeoftheJets

Because Winters doesn't embarrass himself which is more than other Jets linemen can say. Plus we don't draft new ones.

12. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

All you guys not understanding why some of us think he shouldn’t play immediately after being cleared...couple things to consider.

The first is the disease itself. Mono physically wipes you out. The doctors clear him for some non contact practice in shorts. That’s cool and all, tossing the ball around...showing some face, helps morale. But uh....some Gatorade and a couple weeks rest isn’t going to be enough to play a full NFL game.

Anecdote time: years ago, one of my friends had mono. His own recollection was he was fucked up. My personal recollection, I went to visit him right after his doctor “cleared” him. I rang his doorbell, he walked from the side door of his house to where I was on the sidewalk....and passed out. True story and he wasn’t a small guy, he was 6’3 250+lbs.

Then, our Swiss cheese oline? With a qb that isn’t 100% physically? Why would you do that? I know we need him, but it’s not worth the risk. Philly will light him up. He’s not physically at his best to play, impossible.

If Gase puts him out there one week after he’s been cleared, I would jump on the “He’s gotta go” train because that’s how stupid and irresponsible that is.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The only way we have a chance is if Wentz slips in the shower and Josh McCown starts.

Hate to say it...take Philly and the points.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. Guys here actually understand and are saying the doctors know better than you or your big buddy. He may have had a tough time with it but not everyone does; it might even be that a smaller guy might have an easier recovery. There are links on one of the other threads to articles on WebMD and the National Institutes of Health which you should probably read to broaden your scope of information rather than rely so heavily on anecdotes.

The article from the NIH is specifically directed at the decision process in returning high level athletes to competition after having mono. The single main consideration is that the spleen enlargement be reversed to the point where it regains its natural level of protection by the rib cage which can be assisted by wearing a special flak jacket. The doctors know where that point is and will use that to decide if he's a go or a no-go.

15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Look we all know the outcome of this game. What we should be looking for is a Jet team that doesn't quit. I really don't care that the Jets are going to lose. It is what it is. But let's see if they have any fire and lets figure out who we should keep and who we should let go. I just hope for the sake of God this coaching staff works out! Do we really want to see another coaching staff already?

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I really didn't want to see THIS coaching staff but it is what it is.. I'm hoping the Jets show up and give Philly a game instead of pulling yet another no-show. Another stinker wouldn't reflect well on our resident "genius". Until they get the OLine straightened out, I'd rather not see Sam get smoked like what Petty had to endure. Let Falk take the ass kicking until the OLC gets his shit together and his unit operational. I don't want to see this team turn Sam Darnold into David Carr.

Patriot and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The only question about this game is will points be shaved at the end (like they were vs NE two weeks ago) so the Jets can cover the spread? Decisions, decisions...

18. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Yeah, right PFF…

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It doesn't get any dumber than that or any more dumb than that. Jesus Christ, I hope I didn't just pull a Dan Quayle.

[​IMG]

20. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Excellent point! Having the kid face an Eagle's defense with this OL would not be a good idea. But sooner or later, he needs to get back in the saddle. The problem is the next three games after this are also good defenses until the Dolphins.