2019 NFL Week 4 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Sep 26, 2019.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Poor Denver...again!

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Games are unwatchable

3. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

lol. And people were giving the Giants shit for picking Jones over Haskins.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Didn't watch anything until now, but it looks like Dak didn't do much to help his bargaining position tonight, and Zeke didn't justify his contract much either. And Teddy also hasn't shown much.

One last chance for Dallas.

5. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Well that was shit. Not much positive to say about the Cowboys if they can't put up more than 10pts. Meanwhile, looks like New Orleans will be no worse than .500 when Brees comes back (I don't see them losing to the Cardinals). Not too shabby.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Even on a Jets bye week I still managed to get rammed from behind. Thank you nonexistent Rams defense for knocking my ass out of my suicide pool.

Acad23 likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

So the Cowboys looked like shit.

New England could not complete a pass past the line of scrimmage.

Tampa Bay stunned the Rams.

Baker Mayfield continues to look like an average, at best, QB.

Burfict could face a year long suspension

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I need James Conner to get me 9 points tonight. I pray that he does.

FJF likes this.
  9. statjeff22

I would be thrilled if Darnold was that average against the Eagles next week (20/30 for 342 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 102.4 passer rating, 11.4 yards per attempt). Mayfield was bad (not average) in the first three games, but he was certainly above average yesterday, against a good team.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's probably in here but I'm on break from work so I'm not gonna go back a few pages. How many games did Jonathan Jones get suspended for the purposeful helmet to helmet on Josh Allen? What a dogshit move. He should've been ejected IMO. This rule is there for a reason - well, it's supposed to be, right? Player protection, some bullshit about CTE that the league lied about blah blah blah - and yet because it's the Cheats the league is probably hemming and hawing. Whatever the punishment is, it better be stiff or fck this clown show. If that happened to Sam Darnold I would've lost my mind. Inexcusable.

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Why people don’t try to murder Brady is entirely beyond me. He should have a hit out against him, against every team, every week, of every year. If you break Brady, every single teams chance of a super bowl victory increases drastically.

Fair or dirty doesn’t matter. The sole purpose in a game against the Patriots should be to absolutely destroy Brady in any way possible. It just doesn’t happen. Even against one of his biggest rivals. We just play patty cake with him in the open field.

12. statjeff22

And Burfict suspended for the rest of the season. Chucky should have been ashamed of himself anyway for signing him, so he gets to avoid the weekly embarrassment of him being out there.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Every Giants fan I know was flipping out when they drafted him, now they are all 100% in on him.

I just realized Darnold and Jones were born only about a week apart. It will be interesting to watch how this plays out considering the Giants could have drafted Darnold, and the Jets could have drafted Jones.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i have this strange pit in my stomach that the jets will come out on the short end....once again.

15. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

This is the NFL, so I'm not surprised that some team took a chance on a scumbag with a modicum of talent (that isn't connected to sexual misconduct etc). But...team captain, Chucky? WTF?? I wonder if the NFLPA will fight them over this suspension.

I would've made it an indefinite suspension, and told him to GFY every time he applied to be reinstated.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams had a free shot on Brady and he declined on the opportunity to destroy him

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, I'm glad he did that (meaning he didn't do it). As much as I hate smug Shady's guts, I never did and I never will condone something like that. I've been saying some version of @Martin&theJETS post for more years than I can count but not with that level of intent. More what I've always meant is that on top of teams always psychologically turtling when up against NE, forget all the bells and whistles. The game plan is very simple: bulrush that cocksucker every single down. Give him a bloody lip, knock him on his ass repeatedly, and at the same time wipe that POS look off his face, a twofer what a concept. It's worth losing a game in the grand scheme of things sometimes, but hey, YOU ALSO MIGHT WIN THAT WAY.

As a HC I would be perfectly willing to sacrifice one division win a year just to literally and figuratively shove that scumbag off balance. Every team in the league should make it their mission to turn him into David Carr at least a couple of times a season ESPECIALLY if they're going nowhere. That, and realistically speaking, how many times can the refs call a RTF (roughing the faggot) penalty in a game, seeing as it's practically non-existent 80% of the time when it comes to Tom Cheat in the first place? "He breathed on me!" Flag. "He pointed at me!" Flag. "He smells bad!" Flag. "He legally tackled me and brought me gently to the ground!" Flag. It's almost that egregious.

Now that that's out of the way, I know political discussion is no longer allowed (gayyyyy), and hopefully I won't get banned for this but . . . Bernard Pollard for President in 2020!!!

#157 jetophile, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that is exactly how the giants beat them in 2 superbowls. and how rex beat them with the jets. Only way to beat the pats is constant pressure on brady. without that you won't win

19. statjeff22

Derek Carr really looking like a completely moronic asshole in defending Vontaze Burfict as the "most misunderstood player in the NFL." Does he really think that all of us are that stupid? Just shut the fuck up.