2019 NFL Week 3: New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Sep 19, 2019.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting - I think the OL has to come first it’s the heart of the offense really. Everything starts with the OL. I’m hoping they go LT and C early - get those two positions settled finally. They’re gonna have to add a CB or two also - talent aside depth is a huge problem there. I haven’t seen any early list of potential FAs this coming offseason but figure probably one big signing on top of the usual depth pieces. My hope is when the offseason is complete at least two of the major problem areas are addressed adequately enough so they will longer considered problem areas.

As far as Darnold and his rookie contract you just can’t have it all. The Jets won’t be winning a SB during his original contract but I’m hoping they use that time to build a solid structure around him - enough to give him hope and the confidence to sign a long term deal.

Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We need 5 new starters on the OL, not just 2. 2 ain't gonna cut it.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You younger guys have it made (I assume your age is less than mine)

Today it really hit me how awful and terrible it is to be a Jet fan for decades and just reading about rebuild after rebuild towards another pyramid of hopeless and washed up dreams

Waiting 2 more years feels like another jail term frankly

Carry on believing in the sleeves of JD..ahahah..I sure hope you are right

4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

My fellow Pat's fan, you are incorrect about the Murder Conviction. The Massachusetts courts ruled even though Hernandez died during his appeal, they threw out the legal rule in which convictions were thrown out when a defendant died before an appeal was heard. So technically speaking, Hernandez is convicted of Murder. See the following link below for more details.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/us/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-reinstated/index.html

That Kraft was involved in sex trafficking is false. That 11 out of 12 footballs were under by 2 pounds is another false story.

So the media or fake news has published false stories concerning the Patriots is correct. But Hernandez was convicted of Murder is not false.

5. Patriot

I recorded the game instead to go play golf. I watched the recorded game Sunday night and it sucked so bad I kept dozing off. The only points the Jets scored was an interception from a backup QB and a muffed punt. The Jet's offensive line was pathetic. The defense did put some pressure on Brady. They even got an intentional grounding call. But in general, they were manhandled by backup OL for the Patriots. Not a good sign if you're a Jets fan. The offense, as usual, was impotent.

Look even though I am a Pats fan 1st and a Jet's fan 2nd, I would like to see a competitive game. This kind of game sucks to watch, I take no pleasure seeing a non-competitive game like this.

6. Patriot

Before the Patriots won any Super Bowl, they were the laughing stock of the NFL. Do you not remember, or are you one of these fair-weather Pat's fan?

A real Pat's fan who was supporting the team when they sucked, like the days of Jim Plunkett, would have a bit more humility. Don't you think?

Why are you busting people's balls here? If it were not for the Jets stealing Parcels from the Patriots, we would never have Bill Belichick. If it were not for the Jet's Mo Lewis, the 1st Super Bowl would not have happened.

So you why not pick on a Philly fan, Giant's fan, or Steeler's fan instead? Why are you picking on a fan base who have been truly cursed?

Some of the Jet fans on this board can be jerks, but give them credit. Even though their team sucks really bad they are still supporting them. That is a true fan.

So count your lucky stars the Pats are not cursed like the Jets. And just remember, this dynasty will not last forever. So don't be a Masshole!