2019 NFL Week 2: Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 9, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Must've been busy fishing.

Brook! likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

'Cept if you're the Pats... :mad:

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Colts had their franchise QB retire on them, and they're still competitive. The Eagles lost their franchise QB heading into the playoffs and won the Super Bowl. The Pats lost Brady for the season and went 11-5. In baseball, the Yankees just set the all-time record for IL stints, and they're World Series contenders. Bad breaks happen. Good teams get through them.

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The saints and Steelers just lost their QB and lost their games.
    We’ve lost a lot more than that this week as well. Enough to hurt almost any team, but I do expect them to be competitive.

The Pats can win with or without Brady but we aren’t close to that level and have Gase instead of Belichick So thats not a good comparison.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's a hunch but I suspect we canned our GM because he didn't field a good team.

cval, NYJetsO12, FJF and 2 others like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Saints and Steelers were playing the Rams and Seahawks, two very good teams. And the Steelers came very close to winning. If we can get through this stretch with Siemian without falling apart, then that bodes well for us. But I'm not holding my breath.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're talking to a guy who decided this was a good time to buy season tickets.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But we were full of hope... :p

Brook! likes this.
  9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Was excited at first ... now I rather go to work Browns 31 Jets 16

10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I understand many here don’t feel good about tonight’s game and neither do I as I worry about the Browns high octane offense being too much to handle for Williams’ defense. However, I will continue to support and watch the Jets and hope for a win. I am curious to see how Gase handles the team and adversity. Too many here have given up the season. Key here is to to see what happens the first 6 games. Long ways from over. Hoping for a win tonight

ouchy and kevda5n9ne like this.
  11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I may be VERY wrong here, and I will make sure to quote myself later if I am, but I think the offensive line may play really well tonight.

I just read an article where Kalil points out that the more time they practice and play together, the more they will gel and get better.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Backup qb. Injuries everywhere playing against a hungry team out to prove something. We'll see how it plays out but I think the Jets lose 27-20. That being said hopefully Gase gets creative and find a way to have all three running backs out there. Powell has to be active today. Create mismatches with putting one on the slot, and two in the backfield. Be creative. Have fun. Give me some hope. I'm willing to say last week Darnold was limited due to illness and that's why the offense looked bad. Be creative today. Show me something that I can look forward to the rest of the season that looks like it'll be a long one.

#132 AJT73, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

very little chance the Jets are even close in this one.
    38-13 Browns

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think far too many people are taking this Browns defense lightly because of how they played last week against the Titans. I will say it again I think the Browns have an EXCELLENT defense and I wish this Jets team and coach Williams had this Brown Defense to work with, even at full strength I always thought we would lose this game. Tonight we learn a little bit more about coach Gase as I never expected us to win this game but can he have a game plan that keeps us competitive and add a few wrinkles / out coach the other guy ? I don't think he can or will.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My Facebook status 12 years ago today according to “on this day“ was “ Justin McCarreins can suck my balls“. So it looks like September 16 is a historically fantastic day for the Jets to play football.

By the way my status was in reference to that turd dropping passes on the final drive where we could have tied it up and then dropping a touchdown that led to a Ray Lewis interception and essentially lost us the game. God he was awful.

Brook!, Ray Lucas, GQMartin and 2 others like this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ahhh Kellen Clemens.

17. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

If we had Darnold, I think we crush them. Because we don't I think it's 50/50. I'm not buying any of this Brown's hype. Still the Browns.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I still believe the fact that Williams was with that team last year and knows Kitchens very well is being completely over shadowed by the Darnold Mono story. That is a huge plus for us IMO. If we get up 7-0 or 10-0, Baker will start pressing and everything can collapse on Cleveland. Adams has to make a game changing play tonight. Strip sack and someone else runs it in or a pick 6. Something big - a Polomalu type play.

NYJFOREVER and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

This is a really huge game. With the eagles not looking like world beaters, if we win today it's not unreasonable to think we can 2-2, and Darnold is back for the Cowboys games.

Gotta win tonight, though.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you but you are much more optomistic than me. I used to agree with you. Now I'm onto doom and gloom until I see differently. Don't want to be doom and gloom but seen this one too many times.