2019 NFL Week 11 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I would highly doubt they stand pat with him next year. The defense had 3x All-Pro's a year ago. Mack isn't playing like he did, but he can return to form.

Their are Cam Newton rumors which would be perfect but I would imagine Carolina reconsiders moving in from him with Kyle Allen being overrated early on.

That defense has a year MAYBE two if they're lucky to make a SB run. Before it disintegrates into everyone wanting to get paid.

Options:
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Marcus Mariota
    Jameis Winston
    Ryan Tannehill

Longshots:
    Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Trade for Cam Newton

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I was sort of shocked how inaccurate Wentz looked with time and wide open receivers. He really looked bad. That's a good team that would be in the hunt with better QB play. Trubisky, Goff and Wentz all look like they fell off a cliff in the offseason.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

They do. And I think Wentz is trying to do way too much as Romo was highlighting it. I said the same thing about Sam. Hit the flat route if it's open and reap the benefits of a 2nd and 4 rather than trying to pick up 15 yards a clip.

Wentz also had absolutely no help yesterday though. Ertz can't be the primary receiver, and he struggles when he has to be. Algholor is the dropsies king and then there's nothing but shitty depth receivers with Jeffery/Jackson out.

They need to move on from Jeffery. He's always hurt and it kills them when they go into season with him as a primary target. They have $38 million in cap space and I'd imagine they let Peters walk/retire and replace him with Dillard. Resign Vaitai and Darby and cut Jeffery and dare I say they might go after Amari Cooper??

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I never understood why the Bears moved up one spot to take Trubisky. Yeah, you want to get your guy, but Watson and Mahomes were much better prospects.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

The Bears don't know why they moved up to get Trubisky either. They panicked. The Packers probably put out 'anonymous sources say Team XYZ is looking to move up to get Trubisky.'

The bigger problem with him is that he had Mark Sanchez written all over him. Surprised everyone with one good year and shot up the draft boards.

At least Sanchez had an NFL arm. Trubisky floats the ball all over the field ala post-injury Pennington.

kevda5n9ne and CotcheryFan like this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Things may get very ugly in Philly very quickly. As others have said, Wentz simply looks bad, and the Philly fan base was overwhelmingly for Foles over him already. People get a break when they win a Super Bowl, but of course Wentz didn't do that, and then followed it up the next year by again missing the playoffs with injury. If the Eagles could get a do-over on the Foles-Wentz decision I'd bet they would choose differently, and that's given the fact that no one actually knows how good Foles really is.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Looks like Matt Nagy isn't the genius everyone thought he was

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Eagles really want a do-over, they can probably get one. The Jags fanbase is ready to run Foles out of town. Also, Wentz's passing numbers this year are: 61.2 cmp%, 2274 yds, 16 TDs, 4 INTs, 91.4 rating. I get that Wentz has more help than Darnold, but if Darnold put up those numbers, Jets fans would probably faint from the shock and happiness.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wentz was seeing ghosts last night

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see Carson Wentz is finally getting criticized. He has managed to escape criticism for the last two years because the Eagles have a Super Bowl title under him. He was atrocious yesterday and on the final series missed a wide open receiver on both 2nd and 3rd down, then on 4th down he underthrew Agular, Agular gets blamed for not making the impossible catch, which would have been a lot easier if Wentz makes a good throw.

I'm sure people will point to his stats but there are many qbs in this league that have good stats, the bottom line when it comes time for him to show up, he doesn't. He didn't show up again Dallas two years In a row and yesterday his defense holds Tom Brady to no TDs and single digits in the first and second half, yet the eagles offense did nothing for the final 40+ minutes of the game and they lose.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Trubisky doesn't look right. I didn't think he was great but last year he developed and he played well in the playoffs. What's really weird is he is no longer running. He has 15 attempts for 58 yards. He's been sacked 23 times which tells me he isn't running at all. Last year he had 421 yards rushing. He seems like he's playing in sand. Something is up.

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

This all goes back to the fact that Foles won them the Super Bowl. If Philly didnt have the chip, this fanbase would be all over him. He escaped it last year as well because they were on their way to missing the playoffs with Wentz (they lost to Dallas and were 6-7, Foles comes in beats the Rams, Texans Redskins, Chicago and came a strip fumble away from beating New Orleans, and I believe they would have beaten the Rams again and went to the Super Bowl) So Wentz dodged it last year, however this year at 5-5 they must make the playoffs. In all likelihood they will be playing Dallas for the division the final week of the Season, if they lose again at home, I think then their will be backlash against him.

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

jackson going down really hurt that offense too. that's why they wanted to trade for robby. they really need some WRs to take pressure off wentz and run it more. no way they land cooper. dallas is gonna back the money truck up to keep him

14. Jonathan_Vilma

It all always come back to Robby A. man.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Wow, what an unbelievably bad throw by Rivers to end it.

16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Philip Rivers decision making has gotten bad. He still has the physical attributes to play QB but mentally he doesn't seem to have it lately.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol nah. just stating the facts. eagles and raiders both called to try and acquire him. both need WRs badly

18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Maybe the only thing worse than having no quarterback is having two quarterbacks. Sure, Wentz has superior physical talent, but when Foles replaced him, Foles just seemed to have an intangible knack for making the right play and winning. The football world is so obsessed with physical talent and things that can be measured these days that it's very difficult (impossible?) for a GM to chose a guy like Foles over a guy like Wentz. But damn, it is so easy to root for guys like Foles.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

IMO, it was that Foles would take the 4 yards if it was there. Wentz always seems to want to make that 15+ yard play. I remember reading an article saying that DP was more comfortable calling plays for Foles because of that exact reason. He knew that Foles would take the 4 yards and help make it a 2nd and 5/6 or 3rd and 2/3 rather than a riskier pass that would not set up the next down and distance.

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Foles may be the biggest anomaly in NFL history. While every team in the league skipped Tom Brady, he was coming out of college. Kurt Warner was another guy, however, like Brady, the NFL didnt see Kurt Warner up to that point. Nick Foles was someone who already played in the league and was essentially written off and was headed toward being just another forgotten name in NFL history.

I think the Eagles management is on a mission to prove that they were right in both drafting Wentz, and sticking with Wentz over Foles, however right now it does not look like they made the right decision. If Foles was in that game last Sunday, the Eagles would have beaten the Patriots, and I think they would have at least beaten the Cowboys once over the last two year (0-3). Wentz has failed the Eagles in big games, while Foles has delivered. (and you cant blame the team, as we saw last Sunday, the team showed up, especially on defense, the QB did not).