2019 NFL Week 10 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. I mentioned in another thread the Jets win over the 2008 Titans and this 49ers team reminds me a lot of that team. Extremely strong running game, game manager at QB, and a really good defense.

The 49ers definitely have a better pass rush, the Titans secondary was far better. That team flamed out and lost in the divisional round. I can see the same coming for this 49ers team when they run into the Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Packers or Seahawks. They look like the worst team of the bunch because of of the shitty QB play.

Garroppolo was pretty bad last night regardless of h
    what his stat line was. Happy feet all night (every game really) and winging the ball 10 feet over receivers heads in overtime.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

49ers were caught by NFL attrition last night. That O is completely different with Kittle and Sanders in it. If their kicker Robbie Gold doesn't go down a week ago they still probably win this game. They may have had a couple of big losses on D that will impact them down the stretch. They have a very tough remaining schedule to take on short handed.

One of the reasons Seattle is always competitive is RW is one of the few QB's who can break down any NFL D even after losing key players around him. The guy is one of the all time greats and most football fans think of him as an afterthought. G is a good QB but he isn't capable of breaking down a good O without a full compliment of weapons and clearly wasn't happy taking heat and having to throw into tight windows. A game manager can be stopped a playmaker is going to make plays.

That game was incredible. I can't remember a regular season game where the playoffs weren't on the line with that many game changing and momentum changing plays. Sadly it reminded of the Steelers playoff game in 2005 when Doug Brien missed two 4th quarter field goals and lost in OT 20 to 17.

ouchy likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

The injuries definitely hurt. But I don't trust that QB whatsoever. He has happy feet at all times. He threw the ball extremely wildly with the game on the line and air mailed several throws and should've had a couple more picked off at the end of regulation.

He ultimately didn't, but when the running game breaks down he looks like he's going to struggle. He hasn't exactly lit the league up either. He's still the pioneer of an 8-1 team but they haven't won't a game yet on his back except maybe the Cardinals game.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2 things from this weeks games that I didn't understand

1) Franch Reich blowing a Timeout vs Miami on 4th and 10 with under 1 minute left. That 4th down play should have been decided already and save the TO in case you do happen to miss the 4th down attempt. You could at least try to get the ball back.

2) Why wouldn't Shanahan just play for the tie last night? Still would have been up 2 games over SF and been sitting pretty for the NFC West still.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

I bet Reich is kicking himself in the ass for doing so. He was just playing his percentages I guess of absolutely needing to get that first down because if not you can call all timeouts but you will still have to go about 55 yards and score the touchdown.

I also didn't understand on that sequence why Hoyer kept throwing to the end zone? He threw two corner routes into double coverage. Why not try to get 5 yards on one of those plays? It's not like they needed the TD on one play from the 17.

I understand not playing for the tie, but it would've been a smart play. I think it's tough to do so and look your team in the face in the locker room though. 1:46 left and you run the ball or basically concede. Tough situation. They should've tried a screen or something to get the clock moving on third down at least.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

see that russell bradway had a stellar game as usual last night. ho hum.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Bro... the back to back corner shots he threw to Ebron in the endzone was LOL funny. I just sat their in disbelief. Pick up 5 like you said, and make 4th manageable. Very questionable decision making.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

So while everyone was focusing on the Dolphins mega-tank job, the Bengals are quietly sucking the old-fashioned way, 0-9 with maybe 1-2 winnable games left on their schedule (I refuse to consider a reality in which the Jets lose to the Dolphins and the Bungles in the same season).

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think the combination of the drops and the pressure got to him. He looked okay until Sanders went out. I think the couple of drops and the tipped INT got in his head. He definitely has to play better. Kittle is a huge difference maker. He's a great blocker and he gets separation quickly and catches everything in the area. He was very shaky but so were his receivers once Sanders went out. I have never seen Clowney play like that for 60 minutes Clowney definitely got into Jimmy's head.

SF has a lot of tough games left. He is either going to step up or not. SF has a great contract on him. They can actually walk on him after this year with a very small cap hit. If he doesn't step up SF has a big decision in the off season.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Because they probably wanted to chase the perfect season, a tie ends it. They were never going to go undefeated anyway, they still have to play the Packers, Ravens, Saints, Rams and Seahawks

I thought with 1:46 they should have at least ran once, they passed it all three times which gave Seattle plenty of time. They should have been happy at that point that they were in overtime, because the kicker made a pretty clutch FG to tie it for them. I guess we will see how this plays out, but based on their schedule, I believe Seattle is going to win the division now. (They are both essentially tied because they play the final week of the season and Seattle has the tie breaker).

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Great game.

Clowney is a beast...he won that game.

12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Why can't the Jets play like that?

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC West after last night.
    I would be really surprised if they do not win the division and a bye after last night.

I think San Fran will go 3-4 or 4-3 down the stretch. EIther way Seattle will win at home and get the tie breaker if they both go 12-4.

Russell Wilson is going to be the MVP this season.