2019 NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 12, 2020.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It really goes to show that no one really has a clue about how good teams are going to be, coming into an NFL season. EVERYONE (including me) either picked the Saints, Bears, Cowboys and Rams to make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl this year. Only one even made the playoffs, and none won a playoff game. The 49ers and Titans no one picked to do anything this year, and I don't remember anyone being to high on the Packers either. The only team left that people anticipated to have success is the Kansas City Chiefs.

I think the Chiefs will win this game but I hope I am wrong, a 9-7 wildcard team in the Super Bowl would be the biggest Cinderella story in NFL history. So far the only 9 win teams to make the Super Bowl were the 79 Rams, 08 Cardinals, 11 Giants....all of which were division winners. The Titans were left for dead and went to backup QB and won a game against the Chargers on the goal line which changed their season....

jco2007, Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Im not a fan of Aaron Rodgers but I would like to see him play in one more Super Bowl. Not that it would make or break his legacy but he has been less than stellar in the playoffs, especially the Championship games, so it would be nice to see him in the Super Bowl with all the pressure on him to win another.

The guy has managed to escape criticism to, despite being proclaimed by many that he is the greatest QB ever. He has never taken the heat that Peyton Manning took despite some pretty bad playoff losses, perhaps because he IS NOT Peyton Manning. I think he has to go into San Fransisco and beat that defense. Time for Aaron Rodgers to show up in a huge game, its been a long time:

"Rodgers has played in three NFC Championship games and has a pedestrian quarterback rating of 70.5. Rodgers has completed just 57.8% of his 109 passes and thrown more interceptions (five) than touchdowns (four)"

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He saved his postseason legacy early on when he played as well as he did on the Super Bowl, but they were still the beneficiaries of three Steelers turnovers in that game.

For how highly he's regarded, he should have more postseason success. That blown NFC championship game in 2014 really screwed them. That was one of the best versions of Rodgers and at the very least it would've been a shootout with the Patriots. The defense was also cooking at the right time that year and even though Rodgers was hurt, he probably had the best running game up until this season that year.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m cool with whatever happens but if that fuckface Vrabel wins I’m not gonna be thrilled tbh.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I want to see Tennessee and San Francisco but I believe it'll be K.C vs. San Francisco. I hope Jimmy G and San Francisco win it all.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I always think back to the end of the game, when he was down at the goal line I believe, and couldn't score and end the game. They kicked a FG to go up 6, and fortunately for him his defense made the stop to seal the game. He should have sealed the game right there, because if Ben had gone down the field like he did to Arizona, Aaron Rodgers legacy today is a lot different.

I think he needs to at least go to another Super Bowl if people want to proclaim him the greatest QB of all time. He was outplayed by Caleb Hanie, Russel Wilson and Matt Ryan in his 3 championship games. He needs to outplay Garrapolo if they want to win.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Titans run ends today. The Chiefs just can't be stopped. 44-21 Chiefs.

The NFC is tougher to pick. The 49ers are the better team, but you just get the feeling Rodgers will find a way to beat his childhood team that decided to take Alex Smith instead of him #1 overall. 27-24 Packers.

101GangGreen101 and Brook! like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well if your scenario plays out I will win $80. I have Packers to cover +7.5 and Chiefs cover -7.5

On a personal level I live and die by my soccer team which has the colors of Yellow and Red as can be seen on my avatar. Other than my beloved Jets I have a sympathy towards Chiefs, Redskins and 49ers. I am honestly rooting for Chies-49ers Superbowl for an all Yellow-Red Superbowl. But I feel like Rodgers will not let that happen. We shall see.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. It doesn't feel like he gets as much flack as Peyton Manning got for his playoff struggles. Rodgers ran into some good defenses but they don't really compare to the early to mid 2000s Patriot defenses IN New England. Other than maybe the Seahawks.

#49 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    jco2007 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rodgers will need to play like a God for the Packers to win. They'll take away Davante, going to be interesting who steps up for them. I'll be rooting for him, so we get a Rodgers / Mahomes superbowl

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Home Team favorites all the way..its Put Up or Shut Up Time

Both KC and 49ers win by 10...

Of course,State Farm Insurance would love to have Mahomes Vs Rogers in the SB. Those commercials will take on new meaning.. ahahaaha

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Well I believe Rodgers doesn't get the criticism, because I think deep down people know hes not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. He is still one of the best in the game, but Peyton Manning played on a slightly higher level. I think early on Aaron Rodgers was playing on that level, and his hype was through the roof, but as the years has gone on, he hasn't been as great as Peyton Manning was consistently. Hence why when he has lost in the playoffs, people just move on really quickly. A few years ago everyone was picking Green Bay to beat the Falcons, instead they got completely destroyed, we ALL KNOW if that was Peyton Manning people would be talking crap about it to this day, no one ever mentions that game or even probably remember it. (and yeah it wasn't all Rodgers fault, but you are down 31-0 in a championship game where most people were picking Green Bay to win)

jco2007, Jonathan_Vilma and Brook! like this.
  13. Brook!

Come on Chiefs!

14. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

They are going to need help...

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for a Jimmy G Vs Ryan T SB so hard. Lol

jco2007 likes this.
  16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

That will be overturned.

If KC loses - trivia question will be what 2 quarterbacks took their team to the AFC championship game and lost in their first 2 years starting.

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I know KC will never feel out of it after last week, but they go down more than 2 scores, Tennessee has the makeup to shorten the game with ball control.

18. Brook!

Titans are annoying with this Bellichick style mind games. I hope Mahomes wipes the floor with Titans. Come on Chiefs.

19. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Tick tock...shorten the game...

20. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

What was the Chiefs defense doing there...10-0 Titans.