2019 NFL Draft - Round 2 and 3 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 26, 2019.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Bleh. I hate the idea of them trading up. If they wanted to get prospects in this range, they should have traded back. Would be a big mistake.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'd keep him instead TBH if his value is that low

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You didn't answer the question. What 4 positions? Beacham and Osemele's contract expire after this season. I think Shell's does as well. Taylor and a C would take care of RT and C, but still leaves no LT, LG or RG unless you want to keep Winters.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You don't think they tried to trade back or were you just willing to give up the #3 for a low 1 and a 2? He spent two months trying to trade back.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Well, if you're going to get fired anyway, burn all the 2020 draft picks on attempting to save your job.

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

we will trade up and draft a project that no one has heard of lol

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Trade two 3rd picks, a starting OLB and a backup QB for a 2nd round pick? That's insane!!!

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think I am about to become nervous, I have backed Mac for all of this time but I am wavering a little, no doubt Q is a top quality prospect but we needed so much more, there is no way on earth we should be giving up two 3rd's a 4th and something else to move into the 2nd round, fuck me it isn't fantasy football after all.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not against trading up - for a REASONABLE cost, like Lee plus one of of the 3rds, or Lee and next year's 2nd, but if Macc is going to give up all of that, why not simply trade down, even if wasn't offered a king's ransom? Surely whatever he was offered would've been a better net deal than this!

Brook! and 6-10 once again like this.
  11. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Obviously they need edge rush, but thats a very difficult “diamond in the rough” sort of position to find. Thats why all the best go high in the draft. I think more of their efforts in day 2 should be strengthening the O-Line. Sam is the franchise, protect him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Macc's gonna go down in flames trying to save his job. Say goodbye to the rest of this year's draft and maybe some of next year's.

If the Johnsons had a clue, they'd make 2020 draft picks off-limits to him.

Brook!, tomdeb and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If Lee and a 3rd didn't do it but a future #2 and Lee would do it I'm all for it. If a future #2 pick turns out to be say the 20th pick in round 2 vs a top 10 round 2 pick why not? I'd trade the other 3rd round pick and a player to move up again into round 2. The talent drop off from round 2 to 3 based on what's left after yesterday is a big drop. why not trade players that don't fit along with our 3rd's to move up and get players that can contribute...

14. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

If they could turn a 2020 2nd, both 3rds this year and Darron Lee into Taylor and McCoy, I'd sign up for that.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Johnsons had a clue they would have fired Mac along with Bowles.

legler82, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  16. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Am I weird I kinda of want them to trade up for dk

NYJalltheway and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I seriously think you (and others) are overvaluing Darron Lee. Starting OLB?? I heard the jets are trying hard to move him. There is a reason the jets paid Mosely A FORTUNE to replace Lee. Including Lee in any package is gravy--especially since he ended last year on a game 4 game suspension. Therefore the trade proposal (hypothetically and only to the Cards, picking first in the second round) was our third rounder, New Orleans 3rd rounder (which is almost a 4th rounder), Lee and a backup QB who costs us nothing-- to get the first pick in the second round. It is basically an early 3rd and almost early 4th for the the top pick of the second round. Frankly, I doubt the Cards would accept it. Also, the trade was meant to make give McIdiot an OBVIOUS pick in OT Taylor, instead of letting him use his discretion with those third rounders. You must think he is really good with his history of second--fourth round picks--guys like stewart, hansen, hackenberg, smith. maulden, shepard, etc..

legler82 likes this.
  18. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

On the whole I agree with this sentiment. However, my one caveat is you need to take into account keeping Darnold happy, healthy, and developing. So I wouldn't break the bank to fix past mistakes, but if someone who is damn near a surefire upgrade can be had who could help, say, protect Darnold, then you need to consider that possibility. After all, what happens if a good LT falls into the lower half of round 2 and Darnold gets smacked from the left side this year and hurt? Or if he gets beat up constantly because we don't have the WR talent that can get open?

So if we can get a deal where a team is willing to deal inexpensively, then do it.... but we can't come at this desperate like we MUST make a deal. To put it another way, we need to look, but we also need to have the self-restraint to walk away if the deal isn't there to get the player we need.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i'm down for trading some combo of Lee and next year's 2nd.

It's a good year to trade into the 2nd.

I'm hoping McCoy is the target, but there's a few really solid other players I'd be happy with also.

Edit* I can't believe Greedy Williams is still available also.....could potentially be the target as well.
    Too many Williams?
    Dalton Risner also interesting Olineman.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Would L. Williams net Seahawks pick?

I know I'm being a bit repetitive on some of this but new regimes want their guys. Williams might be valuable enough to fetch a high second, where Gase can get some OL he wants, or Gregg can get some Edge or CB