2019 NFL Draft - Round 1 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2019.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

it would be. I’d prefer just one of the 3rds and lee though. Our first 3rd is pretty early. Early 3rd and lee is most I’d offer.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. We still have too many holes to even think about trading up.

ESPN was saying that they think in the neighborhood of 14-15 WRs will go on day 2. I think that's pretty accurate, but think that there will still be some good WR, TE, and OG prospects available to us. There are 64 picks in the 2nd-3rd rounds plus roughly 8 or so compensatory picks at the end of the 3rd round. There will be more DL that will be drafted, LBs, RBs, CBs, Ss, in addition to Cs, OGs, QBs and TEs. We should have an opportunity to add 3 good prospects with those picks.

I think it would be a bad move to trade Lee unless his attitude is just rotten. He has a lot of talent and speed, and perhaps under G. Williams and Mosley's guidance he could develop into a real player. He's better in pass coverage than any of our other LBs, and we wouldn't get anywhere near value for him.

I'm not at all convinced that Cajuste will be there, and I think Henderson goes in the 3rd round.

I'd prefer a starting C too, but that's on Mac. He should have signed one in FA so that if we didn't get a good offer to trade down in the draft, we wouldn't be forced to reach or have to trade up to get one. Trading up would just be compounding the mistake imo. IMO he deserves to get fired for not signing a C, CB and edge rusher in FA. His priorities were all wrong.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's a highlight reel. Or a lowlight reel.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He did sign one corner. Would not be shocked to see Mo return on another one or two year deal with second year as an option . Maybe Williams and Gase think Jenkins will produce more this season or have a FA in mind.
    We're not filling all our holes and the later picks are just depth. I agree we should keep lee but don't know what the CS and FO think and at the end of the day, it's their opinions that matter not ours.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Center is a tricky position where its possible to find a decent mid-round pick from a smaller school. Its not all about athleticism as a center, you need a smart guy who can recognize defenses and call plays. Im certainly not confident in Macs ability to find a diamond in the rough and get us a serviceable center in the mid-round, but its possible - let's hope it pans out.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's not a bad trade. You're trading a player that clearly wont see the field much and essentially swapping a 3rd for a 2nd.

I would take that trade all day long.

7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

This is the kind of post that makes me want to give up on TGG. I like your Jets related comments but this board is not meant for your opinions on femininity and beauty. Honestly, STFU when it comes to women. That’s not why we’re here.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think the Redskins were big winners. They got the QB they wanted without trading up and had the ammo to snag Montez Sweat when he fell towards the bottom of round two.

I also liked what the Eagles did trading up for the only legit left tackle prospect in the draft.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I would rather get a blue chip / borderline first rounder by trading up into round two than keep our lottery picks in rounds three and four.

Sure we could get some value with our current picks but some extremely talented players that should have gone off the board already are still available.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. We could probably get into the second with a 3rd and 4th keeping one third for a rotational player/ eventual starter and land a quality starter potential stud in round 2
    Those players won't last long.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Giving up lee and, say 3A to move into the 2nd would be the same net amount of picks. Why wouldn’t we do that?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Because Lee is the best coverage LB we have. He has some attitude issues, but are they just immaturity, or character issues? Did he develop a bad attitude because of Bowles and Rodgers and their cluelessness? Will G. Williams and the influence of Mosley turn him into a very good LB and cause the attitude issues to be resolved? I think it's too early to give up on Lee. He has a lot of talent, is fast and was a 1st round pick. We would not get anywhere near his value trading him, especially in using him with a pick to move up a round. 3A is also a great pick, and I wouldn't give that up. Mac should have signed a C in FA and he should have signed an outside CB in FA. There were a number of good ones who were available and he spit the bit. I'm not in favor of compounding his mistake, by making another mistake out of desperation for a C.

13. NCJetsfan

I disagree. I think it would be a very bad trade, and I also disagree that Lee won't see the field much. He's our best coverage LB and we're liable to be in our nickel or dime D quite a bit.

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If a player the Jets really like slides about 10-15 picks down in the second round don’t be surprised if the Jets do trade up maybe one of their thirds and the fourth .....they keep the other third. That way they are looking at three potential day one starters including Q.

Keep in mind this isn’t a one year project. It may sound repetitive but they’re gonna need one more offseason to be ready to compete for deep playoff runs.

TonyFtLaud, jilozzo and James Hasty like this.
  15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Giants/Jones. At first glance it looks like a blunder, but I think Denver would've picked him at 10 for the same reasons -- inside skinny from Manning family; same coach at Duke

Devin Bush landed in a great spot with Steelers. Steelers moving up aggressively to get him too. Somehow I think this will be like Troy Polamalu -- defense defining defender

for all the heat giants got about a stretch, what about Oak and Ferrel. All of the theatrics too.

Pure conjecture, I'm wondering if Leonard Williams is safe. Regime change. Maybe he's shipped for a pick

ColoradoContrails and jilozzo like this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

much agree....2021 season could be the cheese.

17. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Now that the Cardinals, Giants and Redskins have drafted QB's, I really can see only the Dolphins as a destination for Josh Rosen (if Cardinals doesn't decide to keep him as a back up). It would be fascinating to see three QB's drafted in the same year play and develop in the same division.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't want Rosen in the AFC-East. I still think he got a bad deal going to the Cards. Worst nightmare: He goes to the Pats as the heir to Brady.

chandler likes this.
  19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

he could end up lots of places, some decent with a runway

Pitt
    Detroit (Stafford situation is unfortunate)
    Carolina
    GB

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Darnold, Rosen, Allen all in AFCE. Glad we have Darnold.