Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 24, 2019.
this post makes me sad
We'll see what happens tonight. I was hoping for a trade down because looking at the 2nd round talent out their that could help the Jets would've been great. That being said according to many we got the best player in the draft. Time will tell. Either way onto day two. We still have many holes to fill and two picks. Macgnan does get creative with trades I could see the Jets trying to make a few to get into round two for a center, cb or edge. Maybe he uses someone like Darron Lee or another player and a later pick to move up. We'll see but I'm hoping to come out with three potential starters today. Ideally I'd love to get Jenkins or McCoy (don't think we'll get up enought) so Michael Jordan for center, I think they'll be a cb run early in round two. Hoping one falls to us. Edge I'm hoping Polite is there. Has 1st round talent but questions remain so might be a good third round option. Fear NY might get to him. We'll see.
Knowing the Jets need cb, ol/c and edge wonder if they'll look at some veterans to trade for.
1. Patrick Peterson: Would love him but probably too rich for us.
2. Chris Harris: 29. I'd love to add him. Could be tough but maybe Lee and a 4th for Harris and a 5th or 6th. Think that trade is a pipe dream. Pro bowl player. Be less than Peterson but probably too much for us.
3. Centers: I know the Rams need one but someone will drafy McCoy and Jenkins. If a team with a veteran center takes them I'd look to trade for the center. Saw that the Raiders might be interested in one of them. I'd take Rodney Hudson for a late round pick.
4. See how the rest of the draft plays out but maybe throw some money at Ziggy Ansah. Not linked to us and won't be able to play til August. Some risk but he can at least rush the passer.
5. Resign Mo Claiborne. Can't say I love this but knowing that we have Johnson, Roberts and Pool might be worth it for depth. Might not be popular but if we can't draft one I'd do it.
I think resigning Claiborne at this point is the best move. He isn't great, but there are worse corners. If we could get to next offseason and CB is our biggest need that would be a win for the team and something for them to focus on. So many needs right now and CB should be put off.
Look for all 3 positions to be filled between rounds 2-4 including possible trades. EDGE, C/G , and CB.
I heard 68 and Lee for the Eagles 53rd. That can't be true. Lee for a 2nd? I'd be shocked. Anyone else hear something similar.
I would do that. Where did you see it?
That isn't Lee for a 2nd, that is Lee to move up 15 slots.
Very true. I'd be happy if it happened. If it did figure to get a c, cb or edge.
But it's not just Lee, it's the other 3rd too.
Well then forget it. The Jets need to hang on to as many picks as possible. They need to find at least two starters ( or eventual starters ) out of their next three picks - the two 3rd rounders and the 4th rounder.
Yeah, but the lower you go into the draft, the worse the odds are of finding starting caliber players. Using one of the two 3rds plus a player who hasn't lived up to his potential to get a much higher probability starter makes sense.
I understand that but trading Lee plus both thirds to move up into the second ? If the quality out there is still good and supposedly has a lot of second to fourth round value in it - I would rather just stay put and take my chances.
I would do the trade for the later of the thirds and Lee but not both thirds.
Does anybody even want Lee? I think if they did we would have made a move before now.
I heard Lee and one of the 3rds, not both. I would give up both 3rds by themselves for a HIGH 2nd, but not both and Lee.
The difference between 68 and 53 is 120 points or on the draft chart which is equal to the 95th pick in the draft. Interestingly the jets have the 93rd pick.
If the rumor is true it's either for both our 3rds or the 1sr third and Lee which gives Lee a late 3rd value.
No, it's #68 and Lee to get #53. I wouldn't do it.
Sorry, but giving up both of our 3rd round picks, even for a high 2nd round pick would be a horrible move. That would reduce us to only 5 picks in the draft. That's Tanny level.