2019 Jets Draft Rumors

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 24, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sounds like a trade with the jets and skins is getting more likely by the minute. the raiders and giants also seem to like both haskins and jones with preferce to haskins and the raiders pick 4 and the giants 6.

it seems to me the draft is going to go

1) murray

2) Q or bosa (i'm leaning towards Q)

3) jets trade out - haskins

4) Bosa (or Q if bosa went 2nd)

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

3. GasedAndConfused

Bama DT Quinnen Williams told he could still go No.1

Mort: Texans open to trading OLB Jadeveon Clowney

Rapoport: Montez Sweat's heart issued misdiagnosed at Combine

Schefter: Dolphins, Giants only teams in on Josh Rosen

49ers shopping 2016 No.3-overall pick Solomon Thomas

Drew Lock: 'Rather go 32nd than No. 1 to a bad team'

4. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Mehta tweeted that GMs think we are definitely trading out unless Bosa is there and it won’t be with Redskins.

My guess is Giants, Raiders or Bengals.

#84 AG3, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  5. GasedAndConfused

could be any of them for sure. seems like haskins is going 3rd overall but would be interesting if bosa does fall and the jets opt to take him instead. honestly i'd rather have more picks and i think pass rusher is deep enough that it's not a big deal if we "settle" for one not named bosa. there are a legit 5-6 potential 10+ sack rushers

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Snatch Catch

There aren't many ways for this to go bad for the Jets, while are there are multiple plausible scenarios where they could really clean up.

Obviously as Jets fans we're all fearing the deadly lightning strike on a sunny day, but objectively this draft really looks to have a whole bunch of realistic, positive outcomes lining up.

Currently I see the absolute worst case scenario being staying put and drafting Ed Oliver at #3, and I'm good if it comes to that. If getting a physical freak who has good production and tape and was considered the #1 overall player in the draft at one point is the rock bottom worst case scenario in a situation with tons of potential outcomes, then we are sitting really pretty right now.

KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  7. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

If they draft Oliver at #3, that’s the way it can go very bad. Horrible pick for #3.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Snatch Catch

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This has been my attitude the whole time. No matter what happens with the 3 pick we are in good shape right now

abyzmul likes this.
  10. Snatch Catch

New article from Costello just put up. Sounds like if Snyder is reckless we could really benefit...

https://nypost.com/2019/04/25/jets-...w&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

11. Snatch Catch

This would be one of the biggest surprises in NY sports history.

Objectively, considering Josh Allen is their QB, it wouldn't be the worst thing to pillage them for future picks...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Poor Redskins fans. They may actually be cursed with a worse owner than we are.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't get how the "experts" think that Q. Williams is the "safest" player in the draft. He started for only one season. He disappeared in big games. If KurttheJetsFan is correct, and NFL OLs aren't affected by Williams' rip and swim moves, and/or if he can't get off blocks, he might be pretty ineffective. How is that any safer than Allen who has 4 years of solid production and growth and his ceiling is a lot higher than Williams. If the Jets don't draft Williams (and I hope they don't), I hope that Williams turns out to be one of the biggest busts of all time just to show the experts that they aren't nearly as smart as they think they are. It could even prove to be one of the best things to happen to the Jets if the Jets do draft him, because that might be what it takes to finally wake up the Johnsons and realize that they need to fire Mac and get someone with a better eye for talent, who knows how to find talent in other rounds, and that isn't just obsessed with BPA. I will root for Williams to succeed if he is the Jets' pick, but I won't cry if the Jets draft him and he busts, if it leads to Mac getting fired. If the Johnsons are so stupid that they wouldn't fire Mac after than, then God help all of us.

K'OB, NYJetsO12 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  14. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Aw MAN i cant wait until i get to offer you some wing sauce with your crow:)

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You're really going to make this stance with a guy who dominated every game in the way that he did? They used him in multiple ways, he was dominate in multiple ways, he lined up wherever they put him and found success. High success at that.

He was well coached and was easily the best defensive player on a stacked defensive powerhouse Nick Saban coached team.

Putting your stance in like this is a setup for failure man, there is a reason he's taken some shine away from Bosa, he was legit in college with very good production, consistently.

He reminds me so much of A-A-Ron Donald, I'm okay with that potential for our team. Far more hyped about Q than I ever was for William's coming out of USC.

I guess we shall see.

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Anyone else an ultimate skeptic like me and not believe any of the trade down rumors?

I'm expecting no trade, and for the Jets to stick to your board and take a safe Quinnen William's.

I'd love to be wrong but this reminds me of the Jets-Titans almost trade from a few years ago. Talked about how close it was for weeks, then Tennessee took Mariota which made me think the trade wasn't all that close.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

18. GasedAndConfused

so if rumors are to be believed this is what we an expect

1) if bosa is there at 3, jets take him
    2) if bosa isn't but Q is, we slide back with buffalo (could get their 9th overall, 40th overall, and either a 2020 1st or 2020 2nd rounder based on the chart) at 9 we may get oliver or sweat or burns or gary
    3) if bosa and Q go 1 and 2, good chance someone moves up with us for murray or even haskins. raiders (4) giants (6) cincy (11) doesn't seem the jets want to slide back far enough to trade with the skins

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Yep, can't lose. Only the Jets would find a way to fuck it up from here.

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I really would love to somehow swap with the raiders if we spook them and then trade back again

2nd best case scenario is landing a haul from Washington including next years 1st which could easily be a top pick