2019 Jets Draft Rumors

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 24, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

1. Clark and 21 for Jets 3. Didn't happen since Clark was dealt to the Chiefs. I would've been more open if we gave up a third with the deal and got Seattle's 2nd.

2. Darron Lee to the Browns for our 4th and their 3rd. This type of trade makes sense to me. I have a feeling it'll be for a 3rd or fourth and we give up a lower pick.

3. Robby Anderson for a 3rd. Rumored don't think it'll happen but you never know. He is our best receiver now so to me I wouldn't do it but crazier things have happened.

4. The Jets are talking to teams about trading 3. So far the only reported team is the Redskins. They probably have spoken to others. At this point they have the trade offers so when they are on the clock on Thursday they can call a team and finalize it. Probably will have 3-5 trades in hand. I think over the next 36 hours or so we'll hear more about this. It's known the Jets want to trade back. Be the biggest storyline until about 8:40 tomorrow.

Anything else I hear I'll post. Let the rumors fly.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So a quick recap

1 didn't happen so was a poor rumour
    2 debatable as at worst Lee would be handy in case of injuries and is dirt cheap for another season.
    3 For a third, that is not going to happen full stop
    4 The chance for the Jets to get a top edge prospect and give us something we have needed for 20+ years and we are about to trade down the chance to do so, so for me Yup this is the most likely to happen, all so we can draft some middling piles of shit in the middle rounds.

Take the fucking talent ffs.

FlaJet, westiedog1 and NYJalltheway like this.
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I dont think the Jets have 3-5 deals in their pockets already. Not sure they have one

stinkyB likes this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

They all seem like bad deals. The Redskins aren’t the ideal partner as they are picking in a position where the elite talent starts to drop off. We might not even get the required OL help from their position.

ColoradoContrails and FlaJet like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

15 to me is a sweet spot. Jonah Williams, Clelin Ferrell, or you can go for your guy and reach for Bradbury. Obviously it’s the fact that you’d be picking up most likely a future first that makes this all worth it, but there is talent there.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there will be offensive line talent at the 15 spot. IF you can make a deal and pick up a 1st rounder next season from Washington, that's a great deal IMO. Washington's pick will likely be better than 15 next year. Its a big IF though as I don't see Washington willing to move up

ColoradoContrails, Mr mittens and FJF like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I hope to see 234636 more "rumors" before tomorrow night

FJF likes this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't think solid deals are there so either but I do believe there are parameters for a deal are in place. 10 minutes goes fast. There might be some places where a deal happens on the clock but some are put in place before. I think the Jets have a few like that.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

think if murray does indeed go #1 that will take away some of the trade incentive for a few teams. think the cardinals are just blowing smoke - they know damn well they are taking murray. i'll be shocked if they don't.

K'OB likes this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, if they trade back to 15 and get a haul, there is nothing stopping them from trading back up to 8 or something.

I think they're staying at 3, but if you can get a haul for the 3rd pick it's not like you have to stay where you move down to.

Pepsiguy5 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. jilozzo

i think if there is a "fair" trade on the table the jets may be more inclined to deal this time. it doesn't need to be a perceived haul.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree. At this time I only see the Raiders, Bucs and redskins as true options. Raiders to get their guy over us and we'll take a pick to go down a spot. Bucs to get in front of the Raiders for someone and Washington for Murray or Haskins. Anyone else in the top 10 I don't see it. Giants I think are staying put Jags staying put, Lions trying to move back, Buffalo staying put and we probably won't trade with them and the Broncos maybe but with Flacco probably not.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and jilozzo like this.
  13. jilozzo

shit if the cards do NOT take murray that's going to ignite things very quickly.

But they really have to take him. they picked their coach and now they have to marry the QB with him. i think they hold onto rosen and wait until a team desperately needs a QB due to injury.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

no Ferrell. Not at all impressed

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thank God, Clark was traded to the Chiefs. We dodged a bullet. It would have been an awful trade for the Jets and really dumb since we can draft Allen, who is a true OLB and would fit our D or any D alignment, and Clark doesn't even fit our D. Over $20 million a year? That's insane.

Trading Lee makes no sense, period, especially when we're having to give up a pick to get a pick. Even if we wind up losing him at the end of the year he could help our D a lot this year, and if he learns from G. Williams and Mosley and works hard, he could possibly take over Williamson's spot and Williamson could be traded or released. We won't get anywhere near value trying to trade him. We should just keep him and hope he works out.

Trading down could be very good for the team, especially if otherwise they plan on taking Q. Williams or Ed Oliver over Josh Allen. In fact, if that's their plan, I hope they do trade down. If they're that stupid to pass on Josh Allen, then they don't deserve their jobs or to win a single game.

ColoradoContrails and egelband like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Jonah Williams and Clelin Ferrell wouldn't be my first choices. If the Jets trade down that far, then the pick needs to be Bradbury or one of the top WRs imo. While I would love to get an OT there, I'm not that wild about Williams, as I think Alabama players often get overrated, and I think he'll wind up at OG or maybe RT. He seems resistant to change however, and I"m afraid the Jets would just stick him at LT and I think he would not be good for Sam's health at LT. I could live with Williams as he could replace Winters or Shell if he would go along with the position switch, and at least he could back up Beacham this year. I like Dillard, but there are some definite questions about his run blocking and even pass blocking.

Ferrell is strictly a 4-3 DE and therefore isn't really a scheme fit for us. Even though we'll play some 4-3, he would wind up being only a part-time player, and imo you don't use a 1st round pick on a part time player. The only way Ferrell would make sense is if they're going to switch to the 4-3 full time.

#16 NCJetsfan, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  17. NCJetsfan

Why would they want to do that? It would defeat the purpose of trading down and getting all the additional picks. If the Jets are willing to trade down then they shouldn't be in love with any one player in the draft, and hence have no reason or desire to trade back up.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets don’t need OLBs, they need edge rusher which Frank Clark is top notch at doing and far better than Josh Allen at this point. Chiefs ended up far overpaying for him so I’m glad the Jets didn’t beat that price but let’s not pretend it’s a good thing that we didn’t get him because it’s obviously not.

I hope the Jets don’t hold the 3 pick hostage for a haul and instead will let it go for a fair package. The 3 pick sucks this year with the clear cut BPA likely being a position we have drafted 4 times in the first round since 2011. Q. Williams is great but would rather not draft him 3rd overall but that is the most likely outcome if we stay at 3 as he will be by far the BPA and we already know Mac doesn’t stray from BPA in first rd.

Trade down, get more picks and get into range to address positions of actual need sounds like the only option that makes sense.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Disagree.

As long as they come out with a surplus of picks, I think they would be happy. What if they got two years of 1st's and 2nd's from Washington to move back to 15, and Josh Allen fell to 8?

You wouldn't take some additional draft capital to move back up to take him? I would.

Attackett likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Perhaps. To begin with, I see no way that Josh Allen falls to #8, but even if he did, if we got two years of 1st and 2nd round picks from Washington to move back, don't you think the Lions are going to want a bunch of those picks for the Jets to move back up to #8? In the case of Allen, it would be worth it, but the odds of that happening would be slim and none, and I wouldn't do it for any other player. I also don't think the Jets would trade down without getting a 2nd round pick this year.

We can agree to disagree. I just think around the draft people get caught up in wild and crazy draft trade scenarios that aren't very realistic.