2019 is over. Stick a fork in us.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Dec 1, 2019.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We’re stuck with Gase so no more head coach talk. We need so much talent we need to hit on everything in the off season. Until then stay healthy and whatever after that

Cman68 likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I know the Jets have had a ton of bad games but this is right up there with them all. You watch next week Cincinnati will get crushed. This game also highlighted Maccagnan incompetence in drafting. Our offensive line was awful. No push and definitely no protection for Sam. That safety bought it all to a head. Just wish once in a decade the Jets could have put the same effort into the offensive line as they did to the defense. We have scrubs on the O-Line. There was a Nathan Sheperd sighting. Another bum pick by Maccagnan. Douglas has alot of work ahead of him.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

On the plus side, it couldn’t be more clear regarding what JD needs to do to start to rebuild. The question is how fast can he do it.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He needs to hit a homerun this offseason both in the draft and FA. It's going to take a few years(if things go well) before the Jets are a serious Super Bowl contender. I just want to see progress going forward starting in 2020 that we are becoming competitive and hopefully a playoff appearance if not 2020 then 2021. It's been a long time since they made the postseason. I don't even care if its a one and done scenario. I just want to see this thing heading in the right direction and it starts this offseason. Lot of pressure on JD.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What do you consider a HR? If JD can get 2 upgrades at the OL and a quality starting CB I would consider that a job well done. A homerun would be like what we saw from New Orleans a few years ago in 2017 with Lattimore, Ramczyk, Marcus Williams, Kamara, and Alex Anzalone. That was an INSANE draft class. I don't expect anything like that nor should anyone IMO. 2 new starters on the OL + 1 quality starer at CB and maybe an edge rusher. Come away with those 3 upgrades and I think we see a huge improvement on offense with Sam and on defense with the return of a top 5 LB back in Mosley. I'm also hopeful that we can retain Avery Williamson on some sort of cap friendly deal (I have no idea what his numbers look like).

boozer32 likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

A HR to me this offseason would be improving the OL first and then the secondary. This isn't going to be a quick fix. I expect it to take a couple of years before the Jets can be a Super Bowl contender. Fix the OL and that will help Darnold and Bell which will help us become more competitive. Like everyone else I am tired of 4-12, 5-11 type of seasons. If the Bills can turn it around then why can't the Jets.

7. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Is there a 2020 free agency thread yet? Lol might as well look to the future at this point.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I wish to caution U on Sam he has happy feet once the other side can mount a pass rush against him :mad:

J-Raw24 likes this.
  9. championjets69

Try being a fan from 65 & ask me how I feel :mad:

10. championjets69

I just wish to caution U that JD can turn out to be worse then MCCC if that is possible :mad:

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

I agree to an extent. He seems to be ok if its not a constant thrashing. He was sacked a few times in the game we won. But the oline being this bad I can't plame him as much until we see it behind an nfl o line.

12. championjets69

MHO is Sam thinking process under pressure goes way south :mad:

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Update your signature before you speak to me. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  14. championjets69

U mean my signature is way, way, way more important to U when winning the SB? :mad:

15. J-Raw24

Not sure I can completely agree with that. I think he starts to get scared. Getting hit non stop will do that. He is very accurate under pressure this year. Just doesn't have the time to do much. Hence the throw away on 4th down. He does sometime make bonehead throws like in Jax and NE games. So yes to an extent. But if he had an o line he wouldn't have to make those throws as much.

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I can relate. Dad bought seasons in Namath's rookie year. Season tickets have been in the family ever since. I started going to games since the Shea days. It sucks being a fan of this team.

17. championjets69

Same with me got my tix in 1965:)

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

it is just karma: we warned the chiefs fans about herm, but they didn't listen.

fins fans warned us about gase, but we didn't listen.

hell, we warned bills fans about rex but they didn't listen.

at least the bills owner cut bait after finishing with a much better record than we will.

19. mr nyjet

meanwhile, the steelers and even the jags won games with 3rd string qbs.

20. mr nyjet

just meaningful enough to screw us out of a prime draft position as they try to win meaningless games .

i would say play the backups for evaluation purposes, but even the starters suck, so, what does that say about the backups?