2019 Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 6, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

out of those choices I would go with Th Jags but who is on the waver wire ? The Giants could be a decent start as Trubisky stinks and it seems the Giants always play the Bears tough = which teams are available

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm going with the Jags as they are projected to score 7. Giants D is too boom or bust for my liking and the D's available on waivers are similar. All the good ones(NE, BUF, PIT, etc...) are rostered as you'd expect.

CBG likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

Guess I should've played the Jets D.

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Alright so I'm 7-5 and play another guy who is 7-5. A loss could potentially knock either of us out of the playoffs, however - a tie would put us both in. We both considered putting an illegal lineup in and taking 0 points for the week and tie to make us both 7-5-1 after week 13. Thoughts?

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can’t condone that. Taking advantage of someone’s carelessness is one thing. But we know what Herm says about playing the game.

6. dawinner127

Totally understand. What's your thoughts on being up 2 points and sitting a player because they can go negative? I feel like all of this falls under sportsmanship and is a grey area that our league never really discussed before.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s just smart playing.

8. dawinner127

Yeah agreed. Probably won't do it, just wanted to run it by a few people and hear their thoughts. A lot of people say its shady/scummy.

Anyways..

QB decision this week is interesting.

Josh Allen vs Dallas or Matt Ryan vs NOLA.
    Passing TDs are 4, rushing are 6. 25 yards/point

Josh Allen has quietly had a good fantasy year. He's only had 2 games with less than 17 FP and those were week 1 and then vs New England.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

DW , you are killing me -----> Is this league with friends and for ca$h not that that should matter ? That is collusion and Again I will say that IF IF IF this happened in any league that I was in I guarantee you the following year I would be gone.

10. dawinner127

Huge cash prize. Like I said a post or 2 ago, it won't happen, was just curious on your guys opinions.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would start Josh Allen especially if Julio Jones is not 100 percent

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. dawinner127

That's where I'm leaning right now. I think VanderEsch is going to be out another week for Dallas too.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I should've pulled the trigger on starting Tannehill over Brady this week but I didn't although I should be in good shape up 34 points vs. Cooper Kupp tonight. Although I'm running out of patience with Brady, he does have favorable matchups moving forward (Houston, Kansas City, Cincinnati).

If you guys are looking for playoffs, the Eagles are a good play. Miami, Giants and Redskins the next three weeks. A little late because I'd imagine everyone's after them this week.

CBG likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

I'm only up by 5, but my opponent had Kelce and Breida in his lineup, so I don't have to worry anymore.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Amazing my season is NOT over and I am Not dead yet in fact I moved into the last playoff spot # 6 seed -----6- 6 record and I am tied with another guy going into the final week I have more points then him. The guy in the 5th spot is 7 -4 but I have A LOT more points than him so should he lose and I win I could be the 5th seed. I need to win and have one of these guys lose , I could still win and be out if the guy I'm tied with makes up the point difference ( 22 points ) that i have over him right now. Feels good to have something to play for going into the final week especially when I thought I was dead 2 weeks ago but I won't lie I WANT to win this thing.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. dawinner127

If you lose and the guy behind you loses by 22 points loses are you still in?

I'm in a win and win situation as well. But could still get in with a loss and 2 other teams lose (I would need to outscore one team by 15 and just maintain a points lead over the other) but it would be way simpler if I just win lol

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If we both lose there is ----> one other team that is 6 - 6 and if that team wins and we both lose we are out but I have that 3rd guy by 140 pts . If that 3rd guy won and I lost I would be out. I need to win and if the guy who is currently 22 points behind me also wins and if he outscores me at the same time by 23 points or more I am out. The Best I can finish is 5th seed but I would take 6th seed I just want to get into the dance. BTW weather could be a BIG factor this weekend if this storm does indeed hit and especially if it comes in earlier than later also keep an eye on the winds

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF IF IF the weekend storm does hit it WOULD effect many fantasy football players so take notice guys and pay attention !

19. dawinner127

What games should I keep an eye out? I heard about this storm over the middle of the country right? Haven't looked much into it.

Players who I have that are out of a dome would be
    Tyreek - WR1
    Kirk - WR2
    Goedart - TE
    Alshon - Flex?
    Robby - Flex?
    james White <- have him at flex right now

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

DW u better Check the weather out west I honestly have not looked at that Fjay and myself are talking along the East Coast this is for Sunday as all Thursday games look ok as they are indoors unless I am mistaken