2019 Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 6, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I know for a fact people will complain and freak out because I'm in the middle of the playoff hunt and this kid is out. No reason for him not to have it set. It also sucks because I'm the Commish so there is no one else to turn too to overrule / overturn this. Like I keep reiterating, there is a weekly prize, that should be enough of a reason to set your line up in itself. I'm going to do it. F it.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The only argument against doing it is that most of those guys are trash starts. Maybe leave him one or two of who you deem to be the shittiest starts and let him have those. And keep one on your roster so it looks less kniving.

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. dawinner127

For sure. I can probably just leave him:

Haskins
    Brandon Allen
    Taysom Hill

And let him pick. Brandon Allen is in a miserable spot this week.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you have to even think about " IF " league members would take exception to it or "IF " it is perceived as knifing then the bigger question is maybe even though a rule does not exist now that maybe one should be implemented NOW before this ever arises. I would definitely not pick up multiple position players as IMO that is not in the spirit of the league or rules. DW you do what you want and you other guys can take this for what its worth but again IMO you open can a of worms not addressing this and you should address it and deal with it before it happens EXAMPLE is say DW picks up a bunch of QB s and drops them to block his opponent what is to stop someone from picking up a bunch of RBs NEXT WEEK or any position ? I mean I can pick up 20 RB's or TE's because there is nothing in the rules to say I cant .The rules are the rules I get it but this is a loophole that needs to be addressed / fixed. IF a guy in my league did this and it was NOT ADDRESSED ,I would drop out next year ( and believe me I have ) as IMO it is no different than 1 team feeding another team players via a trade. PS there is also no rule that stops someone from bidding on a player on move night spending money on the player being awarded the player then immediately trading that player to Fjay or Vilma ----> not in the spirit of the rules and should not happen just my opinion.

#304 CBG, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    dawinner127 likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just asked the question to the guys who run Masters Fantasy Football and here is the reply I received and I was unaware that this was the rule but I totally agree with it =
    "This would be a violation of our fairplay policy, there is a post below the standings that addresses this exact issue, lots of other info in it as well, if you get a chance read it, just let us know if you see this happening, we will review the situation, generally we will temporarily revoke their waiver rights and unlock the qbs/te/k/d - etc - gl rest of the way "

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

just a heads up if you have room on your roster and want to take a flyer Ajay is about to sign with the Eagles

7. dawinner127

Great call. Snagged him right after the news Broke as well.

Anyways about my situation about the QB, he ended up snagging Driskel right after the Stafford news broke yesterday. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

CBG likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I picked him up , going to drop him tomorrow.

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

lol

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay,,,,,while you are adding and dropping players and also chiming in on Fantasy Football advice try to not fall out of your tree stand / or drop you bow and arrow ps also if you hit the keys too hard / loud on your phone you could scare the deer.

FJF likes this.
  11. FJF

Oh man. It was too cold to play on the phone out there today. All week really. Of course now that I am realistically out of the playoff run my team is going off this week. Should be high score if the week. too little too late

NYJFOREVER, CBG and dawinner127 like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I still had a chance and I think I controlled my own destiny but I had my worst day of the year today and my season is done. In other news my buddy was in illinois / Chicago all week with his bow not sure how he did I will ask.

13. FJF

Illinois is the Mecca of bowhunting whitetail deer.
    O.t. I thought I had a killer DK lineup in today stacking Sam and crowder but a couple of underperformers killed that dream.

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will call him tonight or tomorrow see how he did,,,,,My DK lineup might have done worse today than my fantasy lineup that's sayin something

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow here's a kick in the ass ,,,had I known that Robert Woods was going to be inactive I would have definitely started Reynolds tonight

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I started Ryan instead of Cousins and it might cost me. My opponent has Mahomes and Gordon tomorrow while I have Zuerlein tonight and Ekeler tomorrow. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I pull off a win this week.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

good luck

18. dawinner127

Up 30 with Hill vs Damien Williams + Hunter Henry. Should hold on, but never know. Back to back weeks where I've scored the 2nd most points. Feels good to finally get on the right track.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good Luck

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Big win this week. With Henry on a bye and David Johnson being unstartable, I ran with Singletary and Ballage as my two RBs. Combined 20 points from them in full PPR which is fine because Dak, Landry, and Crowder carried the load. Raiders D paid off for me this week as well.

I'm eyeing up the Falcons D next week vs. Tampa Bay