2019 Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 6, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I might have spoken to damn soon,,,,Cousins is trying to BEAT me my lead is now cut in half,,,,lets start running the Ball Minny or how about the Cowboys start playing some defense

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you held on..

I ended up losing by 12. It's such a joke when you have the 2nd highest score of the week and you play the guy who has the first. Currently 5-5 now and prob need to win out for playoffs or win 2 of 3 and drop a shit ton of points.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I held on and I am now 5 - 5 in my division with 3 weeks remaining and have 2 teams in front of me at 6 - 5 but I play them both , no room for error I still think I must win out to get in. It sux that your team went off DW and that the guy you played had a better week

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

Welp. Herndon dream is over. Here’s to hoping OJ Howard can make something happen.

also - thoughts on N’Keal Harry? Doubt the Pats would take him in the first if they didn’t want to use him right away.

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Pats just have tooooo many pass catchers----and let me say here and now FUCK YOU Chris Herndon as I hung onto this guy and let too many other FA's pass by and there aint much if anything left now and I have to pray that ERTZ ( who is killing me ) stays healthy

6. dawinner127

They do but these next 4/5 games for them are going to be true tests and the game script should favor the passing attack

Philly
    Dallas
    Houston
    KC

CBG likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Some moron in my league dropped Jarvis Landry and I scooped him up after missing out on Sanu. Landry has a nice slate of games coming up: Pitt 2x, Miami, Arizona, and Cincinnati. I'll be riding with Landry and Jamison Crowder/Mike Williams in my WR2 and Flex spot until further notice.

Won't be playing David Johnson next week, even with Henry on a bye. That 49ers defense with couple with Johnson looking banged up is just a no go for me.

8. dawinner127

If anyone needs a D. Look at the eagles they have gmen redskins + dolphins

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok guys I have to start 3 of these guys and I have an idea who I want to start but let me know what you think pick 3---Tyler Boyd, Terry Mclaurin, Kenny Stills, Josh Reynolds, Deebo Samuel , Dede Westbrook

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am going with Mclaurin against our pathetic secondary Westbrook and Samuel--> thoughts ?

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm starting McLaurin too with your same mind set. Haskins has been so bad looking though that it makes me nervous.

CBG likes this.
  12. dawinner127

It wouldn't shock me if they just doubled him the entire game and made Haskins actually go through his reads to find a second or third option.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They had a week off to get ready for our defense if Haskins plays remotely well I think McLaurin gets in the end zone and sees 7 to 10 targets ps they won't be able to double him when they are trying to stop AP and our secondary is not good enough to cover anyone man to man,,, maybe its wishful thinking on my part but I think Haskins and the skins are in a great spot this week

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm starting the Jets D this week. Haskins been looked terrible so far, so that better not change on Sunday.

15. dawinner127

Kid I’m playing Is 2 and 8 and has Daniel Jones (bye) and stafford most likely not playing — if it gets to Saturday and he doesn’t have a qb should i pick up and drop them all so they’re all on waivers? It’s a pretty serious league entry fee and awards a $50/week prize So there is no reason not to set your lineup even if you’re out of playoffs. I need to win 2 of my final 3 to get into playoffs. Thoughts?

There is NO ONE.

It’s

Finley
    Driskel
    Trubisky
    Fitzpatrick
    Dwayne Haskins
    Branden Allen

Hell I would even pick up & drop taysom hill.

@FJF @CBG

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would think that the commissioner or whoever runs the league would not allow that, I mean it definitely ruins the integrity of the league and spirit of the rules.If It were me in your shoes and I had room on my roster I might pick p the QB that I thought would help him the most but I would not take a bunch of QB s and drop em plus I am a believer in Karma DW. BTW I am in Masters Fantasy Football league and that same rule applies where you can do exactly what you are saying DW and I have been in this league for 3 years but I have never seen it abused so I dont know how it would play out if someone did it. This all said maybe the guy just does not field a full team and starts guys who are on byes which BTW IMO sucks also

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. dawinner127

i know for sure it would cause an uproar against me - considering i am the commish. My only real argument is the fact that there is a weekly prize pool. It isn’t like being 2-8 eliminated from playoffs takes all the fun out. There is still a chance at $50/week. I picked up brissett earlier in the week just in case he was healthy so he couldn’t be used against me. But now I see he hasn’t made ONE move for a QB. This point is moot if he picks someone up within the next 18 hours.

CBG likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I would. No hesitation

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. dawinner127

Damn man. FJF and CBG going opposite opinions here. I don't know what to do. I KNOW FOR A FACT I will cause an uproar over this if I do it. There's a $50/week prize man. It's specifically made to keep people who are out of playoffs interested in the league.

@HerndonFan @Jonathan_Vilma how about you guys?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My league is FILLED with friends who wine if anyone gets any single advantage. We added IR, I IR'd AJ Green and it created a shit storm because he wasn't physically placed on IR.

So would I do it in my situation? No. Should you? Yes.

No excuse for not setting your lineup before Thursday Night. We've booted several people for losing interest even in down years. Fantasy's so unpredictable too. I won the championship at 6-7. Why would you not check your team on Tuesday or Wednesday at least?

It takes two minutes and can be accomplished on the shitter...

FJF and dawinner127 like this.