2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

100 point season Is a good benchmark and very impressive, love you guys beating the Cindies, don't know who I hate more the Luc-dicks or the Cindies, but anyway the Isles have had a very good season

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was not able to watch the game,,out all nite,,,,,but checked the score from time to time,,,,,good win for the good guys ! Can the Pens actually lose to buffalo ? My gut says no way but the kid in net for the sabers has stood on his head at times,,,,,,we shall see but I am just happy and relieved we got in,,,,,now if the team itself is just happy to be there and does not make any noise that will suck,,,,go win a series or 4 ,,,I don't care who you are playing !

3. matt robinson 17

Apples and oranges to me, I hate Bruins and Guins equally, but this Guins tailspin could definitely include a season ending loss to Sabres the way they are playing

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Caps-Isles is official. Should be a fun series. Halak vs Holtby. Tavares vs. Ovechkin. Love it.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

When does the fun begin guys ? ,,,when's game 1 of series 1 ?

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ps me personally,,,,hate the Crosbies wayyyyyyy more than the bruins or anyone else and that is saying alot.....I think Pitt not getting in is actually better than them getting in and being ousted,,,,,yep without a doubt !

Red Menace and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. matt robinson 17

Wednesday?

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Too bad you missed the game, that sucky coach of ours finally stopped leaving the middle of the ice open to the opposition, and kept the pens from skating into the offensive zone by keeping everyone in the middle of the ice with 4 minutes left in the game.

The pens had to dump and chase the last 4 minutes of the game, and we know how much Cindy loves to fight for the puck in the corners...not.

If he had used this strategy before the isles may have locked a playoff spot a lot sooner.

Hopefully JC is quicker with his adjustments during the playoffs.

9. The Dark Knight

Caps get Home Ice because of CBJ's win last night in the shootout. Funny how close things can be. What are you guys thinking this series?

10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Went to the game last night and was a great experience despite the loss. Couldn't help but be pissed that we blew mutliple leads and home ice, however, like I said it was a great experience.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Honestly Caps in 5. I hope I am wrong.

12. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Caps in 4. This team blows.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

14. The Dark Knight

Just knowing past Capitals playoff appearances you have to expect the series to go 6 or 7. I will say 7 and the Caps win it, but I think it will be closer than you guys think. And the Isles winning would not be surprising at all. I know they fell a little down the stretch, but they are still a solid team. If Halak somehow turns it on like he did vs. the Caps in 2010, Isles win for sure.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I know this team has not played or Been coached particularly well as of late but I expect to beat the Caps,,,,,,,I think it will come own to the goal tending and despite the fact that I think Holtby is a beast I believe Halak will play exceptional against the Caps,,,,,time will tell,,,but Washington can be just what the doctor ordered for us we shall see .

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is the issue, JC has some good players, otherwise they would not have done so well. He is not a good coach and now he goes into his second playoff appearance against the best player in the game.

I think the isles should win this series because they are deeper than the caps, but his coaching style of pressuring the puck with 2 forwards will leave the defense vulnerable to backstrom and Ovie, not a good matchup for the isles defense.

17. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

They arent beating the Caps. They will be lucky to even win a game. This team is so poorly coached they have zero chance.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Over valuing the caps. They have some serious issues as well. I expect a very high scoring series. May see some bad goaltending in this one.

7-6 score is possible

19. The Dark Knight

That would really surprise me. I think you are thinking of past-season Capitals teams. They are not like that anymore.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Caps were the one team I didn't want to face in the first round, although I assumed even if we did we'd have home ice and that would be the difference for a isles win.

Now? I can't predict my team to lose so I have no prediction for the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.