2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Does hiring Trotz count? He had just won the Stanley Cup and Lou was able to get him. That is an achievement. Maybe you just mean roster-wise though.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I've been saying this for months - glad to see that other people are noticing it too. I am unimpressed with his performance since he became Isles GM, and he has been downright bad since the end of last season.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If he does nothing at the deadline and I mean if he does not add much needed help then I think we should be sellers at the deadline. IMO this team could compete if they added someone to help on the PP and play along Barzal and then Lou should add a 3rd line center and this team would be lite years better than it is right now. If the plan is NOT to do either of these things then I whole heartedly hope that we are sellers at the deadline.IF Lou does not make any moves then I will buy in that the game might be passing him by. I posted this on an Islander message board and got thoroughly destroyed and attacked by multiple posters on there.In other news are you telling me that Kovalchuk could not have helped us ? I wanted him last year and we could have signed him and given up no players

4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I've always thought that GM's #1 job is assembling a competitive roster. He's done absolutely nothing in that regard. They haven't signed anyone who could play on the first two lines on offense.

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I guess if they waited 'til the last minute to sit on their asses they would have run out of time, but giving away an entire period should get some guys fired.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Wish the Rangers had Barry Trotz

The Dark Knight, Red Menace and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Matt Trotz is the greatest coach on the planet but sadly he does not have much to work with on this Islander team. He is coaching his ass off and I am sure that many teams wish they had him

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

CBG, the guy wins wherever he goes, be patient maybe you can get a scorer at the trade deadline

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

Wish the Caps had Barry Trotz! :) I remember it working out pretty well before!
    Trotz already is winning. They almost won the Metro last year. He swept the Pens Round 1. That was impressive. They are currently 3rd in the Metro behind the Caps and Pens. Not bad. I agree, make some moves at the deadline, and you can make a push come playoff time.

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TDK last year they over achieved and almost did not make the playoffs. Right now the Islanders IMO are closer to 9th place than they are to 1st place.I am not big son moral victories when it comes to my teams but in year # 1 I am willing to give my teams ( whichever team ) a pass as they need to evaluate talent and make progress that said ( and I have said and posted this before ) to expect different results with the same exact roster is insane. I did not want Lee back and did not care if Nelson left, I think Eberle is a good 2nd line player but NOT a 1st liner although he is on this team and I just hate detest Josh Bailey but I stray. I am willing to wait and see if they make any moves at the deadline but I am not holding my breath. If they add a top 6 player to play with Barzal and who helps on the PP I am all in,,,,they also need a 3rd line center If they dont add these guys at the deadline then they are wasting theirs and my time as the best we can hope for is a playoff birth and possible 1 series win and then we go home.For me its about winning Championships and I know these things take time but IMO I have all the faith in the world in Trotz but I am starting to believe that the game has passed Lou by

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Matt I just want to see progress ( with the Jets and I don't see it there ) and with my Hockey team and I dont see progress I see the same results and possibly worse if they cant even make the playoffs. I have been patient for a long time and again I am happy to continue waiting but we all know the definition of insanity = coming into the season or playoffs with the same team that is still very limited talent wise and expecting different results

12. The Dark Knight

Yeah, like I said yesterday, I have not been following the Isles, so all I know is the 3 games they played against the Caps. They looked pretty good in each. The Caps have the best record in hockey, and you had a 4-1 lead on them yesterday. So to me, the Isles are not that far off. And from what we have seen, even last year, you just need to get into the playoffs. Anything can happen.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Many Islander fans feel exactly as you said "get in and anything can happen" but IMO once the playoffs roll around and this is IF THE ISLANDERS even make the playoffs they will be exposed once they play the better teams,,,might not happen in the 1st round but see Carolina last year it was ugly as a bigger faster team with more depth exposed us for what we are. AND Now the Islanders are not even playing in the system well and making oceans of mental mistakes-----the roster needs some new blood imo

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

these games get harder to watch each time this is pathetic

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Serves you right for watching.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Blue I am actually bouncing back and forth as the Titans started shitting the bed so I turned to hockey but I know my bad

17. JetBlue

I’m punishing myself, as well, with this mess until the SF/GB game starts.

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

its only 1 - 0 but man it feels like 5 nuthin

19. JetBlue

What a garbage OT. We continue to miss opportunities almost every other team is able to convert.

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

shootout loss... 2 out of 8 failed to hit the puck... that's a nice display of skill right there

CBG and JetBlue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.