2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Michal Neuvirth > Chad Johnson

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This move had to be made,,,Johnson was horrible for us,,,just terrible

rohirrim665 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hey Robinson 17 your guys made some bold moves,,,,I told my buddy all season that I wanted a defenseman for the power play that could help move the puck and specifically wanted Yandle for months,,,,you guys made some moves and went all in,,,,,time will tell ,,,,,,,still think my team is a year or 2 away but that's why they play the games

4. matt robinson 17

CBG, Boychuk and Leddy are good on the PP, I was impressed with Yandle's passing skills...gave up alot in Duclair

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Great win tonight but all we will hear about is the Rangers.

Thanks to all who gave me advice, went to the game vs Carolina last week with some friends and had a great time despite the loss. Might even go back to catch one more.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This team needs to. Get and stay healthy . They are not playing as well now as they were earlier in the season,,,,goals are hard to come by lately,,,,,hopefully they can get on a run that carries them into the playoffs,,,,,I would rather they get hot heading into the playoffs than to be hot now only to fizzle,,,,,we shall see .

7. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

FIRE CAPPY. Enough of this shit from him FIRE HIM> FIRE HIM RIGHT NOW

8. JetsHuskers fan

Cappy is the problem. He could not coach a college team right, let alone a NHL team. FIRE CAPPY

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have been telling my friends that Capuano is the problem with this team. They can't understand why I tell them that. If this islander team had a true coach, they would have never lost the lead they had in points, the fact that this team is still last in PK speaks volumes of how poor he is at his job.

Josh Bailey should not be on the top line with Tavares, I don't know what Capuano sees in him, it took Bailey 5 years to accomplish what Strome and Brock Nelson have accomplished in less than 2 seasons with regards to scoring and Capuano scratches Strome!!

Strome is already a better 2 way player than Bailey will ever be, and he gets scratched, This has Nino Nederaiter written all over it, he did not do well in Capuano system was traded to Minnesota and he is lighting it up. i hope the islanders continue their downfall so Garth gets rid of him.

#289 Red Menace, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  10. JetsHuskers fan

Overall, i was never expecting all that much this season as they are young, but I did not expect them to be in the midst of a 2007 NY Mets style collapse. I think at this rate, they will be lucky to even be a 6 seed in the playoffs. I am shaking in my boots right now. I have zero confidence in this team, and seeing Cappy act like he isn't even worried about this team, has me even more worried about this team. It is very disheartening. Just absolutely gutwrencing seeing this happen when they were playing so good all season long, and its all because of Cappy. Everything he does makes no sense whatsoever. I would take Dan Blysma over him at this point, at least he is competent. Cappy has no idea what is going on.

Fire him. I am sick of him. Its long overdue to fire this caveman.

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am going to root for the Rangers tomorrow to beat 9th place Florida. We aren't catching them since they are 3 points up with 4 games in hand. Since the Isles are in a slump it isn't a bad thing for the Panthers to lose in regulation just to shave 2 points off the magic number for us to clinch a playoff spot. I also want Caps fired but that wont happen until the season is over if it happens at all.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This team is not scoring goals,,,special teams are horrible,,,,we got a cheap power play goal tonight on a giveaway with our goalie pulled and an extra attacker on the ice,,,god they miss Leddy on the power play ! This team is not playing anywhere near as well as they were 2 months ago ,,,,lots of time to get it right but 1 goal a game s killing them ,us, me ! I wish 91 had someone real playing with him can u imagine how good he would be with a playmaker,,,,,rant over let's get the ship righted guys .

13. JetsHuskers fan

They need to fire him if they want to be relevant. He isn't a HC. He is a janitor.

14. JetsHuskers fan

The ship isn't gonna be righted. The season is pretty much over in my eyes. Yea they might still make the playoffs if they get lucky, but they will be lucky if they can even win a game. Its sad, but its true.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I agree but that isn't going to happen until after the season. If the Isles want to take the next step and become a serious SC contender than Clueless Jack needs to be replaced.

Red Menace and JetsHuskers fan like this.
  16. Red Menace

I was not expecting much from the young guys either, but Capuano does not reward them by allowing them to play with Tavares or Kyle, instead he sticks them on the 3rd line, if it was a true NHL coach, he would reward those guys with more playing time with kyle and Tavares, Grabner and Bailey should be on the 3rd or 4th line.

Anders Lee, ryan strome, and Brock should be the second line for this team, they have put up better numbers than everyone but Tavares.

Capuano sucked as a coach with the sound tigers and he has not gotten any better with the big boys.

I would Bylsma over him also, I'm also disheartened by this collapse.

17. Red Menace

But they do have someone to play with 91, his name is Ryan strome, the kid is already a very good 2 way player, but instead of rewarding his good season, Capuano scratches him last night.

I'm sick of Capuano keeping the young players buried. He did the same thing with nederraiter.

its amazing how other coaches put young players in the top line with their superstars to see how they handle it, instead JC keeps Bailey who has never delivered on his potential on the top line, even playing with Tavres he has only managed to score 14 goals.

Bailey should have 25-30 goals himself playing with JT.

Bailey is not a goal scorer, he is a 3rd line player at best in the NHL.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The Islanders will be fine.

Compiling a 42-24 won/loss record over a long, 70+ game period of time shows that that winning record is not a fluke, and having a full 10 games or so before the playoffs gives them enough time to tweak things and shore up what needs to be addressed.

And this from the NYR side of the fence.

19. Red Menace

Thanks for trying to be supportive as a ranger fan, I'm at the same
    point in my life when it come to opposing teams fans, they are no longer the enemy.

Do you remember when you guys had John Totorella? Even though the Rangers played well under him, once they got rid of him and hired AV which I wanted the islanders to hire.

The rangers took it to the next level, it turned out that it was the coaching that was holding the team back and not the players.

AV is a superior coach to JT and that's what the islanders need, I believe we have the right pieces to work with, but JC is our Tortorella, he just does not have what it takes to take this team to the next level.

20. matt robinson 17

RM seems like you guys have had more trouble scoring since Oksposo came back...good move locking up Leddy and Boychuk long term

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.