2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

and this on the center we drafted = David Reid on the NHL Network Draft Coverage interjected to say this about Felix Bibeau:
    Probably my favorite guy I met in the CHL. A guy who is really serious about his trade. He studies the faceoffs, is a team guy first, and plays with his heart on his sleeve. I really love this young man. And I tell ya...If you spent 5 minutes with him you'd take him all day long in the 6th/7th round of this draft. He has his eye on being a pro. He knows what it takes to get there. He'll work to get to that end. I don't know if he's talented enough to get there, but he'll die trying."

JetBlue likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

looking more and more as if Lee and Lehner will not be back,,,,,,,make us better and get us there Lou!!!!!!

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This is good news. Lehner really does like it here. Only reason I could think of for the delay is maybe Lou feels he can get Bobrovsky and Panarin as a package deal. I would prefer Lehner over Bob as he is younger. But if Panarin comes with Bob then that is a different story.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I really don't believe any big name FA will sign here and that we will have to set our sites on 2nd tier guys. I would love Panarin but I think its a pipe dream and although Duchene fills a big NEED , I don't want him. I am beginning to think they are worried about Lehner having a setback or know something because unless the guy is not budging on price I cannot understand why he is not signed yet ? The Draft came and went and Wednesday comes soon enough,,,,,,time will tell who goes and signs or is traded where.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I can't see them going after Duchene after giving Nelson 36 million over 6 years. He is going to be our 2C behind Barzal. I know offer sheets don't happen often but I would love it if Lou off sheets Marner. Force Toronto(who is up against the Cap) to either match or we get a highly skilled winger if they pass. As for Panarin I also won't get my hopes up given the Isles history with top FA's but I will say with Lou/Barry the Isles are a respected franchise again or at least becoming one as their is no more Wang/Snow gong show BS.

KurtTheJetsFan and CBG like this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Lamoriello is the professional, but unless Lehner is asking for something ridiculous I think he should be signed. If signing Eberle ends up having anything to do with not signing Lehner or Lee I think it was a big mistake.

As to the rest, I agree with others above that it will be very surprising if they sign any first-rank free agents. To be honest, at this point I see the team taking a step back next year, since other teams are getting better and they aren't.

KurtTheJetsFan and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think Lee is as good as gone,,,,not sure if he won't budge on price but my feeling was and still is this guy should have been traded at the deadline. I just can't see giving this guy 7 million plus or 7 or 8 years IMO and I have said this before ( I like the guy a lot ) but he is NOT worth the money. He's a great character guy but he is not a good skater not a good shot and I would rather not go there,,,so let him walk. Ehlers really interest me and maybe Lou pulls off a trade for him or someone else? Leddy is also as good as gone and I am shocked he was not moved on draft day but lets see where he lands. I totally agree with you Greg I would luv to make Marmer a big offer that they HAVE TO MATCH otherwise I would take him in a heartbeat. Time will tell how this all plays out

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Problem with Marner is he wants Mathews money and while making such an offer would likely prevent the cap strapped Leafs from matching would cost the Isles hugely in draft picks. Not sure it would be worth it. Isles are better off trying to trade for him for less.

I think Lee is gone and has to be sacrificed to get a better player. Lehner I see taking less to stay which would be worth it for this coming year, as well as next even if Sorokin comes over then; no need to force him into the starting spot.

CBG likes this.
  9. JetBlue

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I still think Panarin winds up in Florida but I agree with you BLUE , you don't let him leave. I am still not sure why BOBs name is linked to Panarin , in everything I read its like a package deal.

11. JetBlue

The Rangers can offer money, young star and the glamor of playing in NYC. Panthers can offer lots of money, no state tax and living in the warm Florida sun and playing with his goalie comrade.

The Isles selling point is playing for a HOF coach and GM. Hopefully that is what he ultimately wants.

12. statjeff22

Hey, the Isles are going to be playing literally across the street from New York City! (In fact, the Belmont Park LIRR station is in New York City!) And as someone who grew up 4 miles from Belmont Park I resent the (correct) implication that southeast Queens isn't glamorous!

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This just in Panarin was ready to sign but when made aware that StatJeff once lived close the the arena he ripped up the paper work and bailed.

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

17. JetBlue

I’d rather go after Marner than have to take on Brobovsky to get Panarin.

If we go with Brobovsky we may as well see what kind of offensive talent we can get in a trade for Sorokin.

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This sucks if true. I was hoping they would bring him back.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Here is some good from the owner on the Belmont.

20. statjeff22

Not at all impressed with Lou's dealings so far this offseason. Still lots of possible things to come, but when signing Brock Nelson and Jordan Eberle to a total of $63 million in guarantees are your big moves, in my opinion it's been a bad offseason.

CBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.