2018 Qbs last 6 games stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Taking age into consideration, there is not a QB in the league I would take if I was starting a team over Russel Wilson and that includes Mahomes.

The guy is special and the “it” factoer

2. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

I think when Sam yelled Omaha when calling the signals made people think it was an audible

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

possibly. peyton manning said omaha is a indicator for him. which isn't the signal it just means what comes next is the signal. if nothing comes after it, then it's nothing. not saying the jets use it the same way

4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

At what point did they stall in the second half: When Sam was intercepted virtually on the goal line? When a penalty killed the second drive? When they marched into FG range for the final score? Or, when they knelt in victory formation? They were the only second half possessions. The only stall, if you can call it that, was due to a penalty. The O continued to move the ball with a degree of comfort all game long. Sam alluded to it post game anyway. The Cowboys did what they always do and focussed on stopping the opposition at the LoS, daring you to beat them through the air. The Jets did exactly that. I get you hate Gase, but this is just nitpicking of the highest order. The Jets won. The O was by no means perfect but looked good all game long without the need to feed Bell constantly. These are all good things.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

On here it came from a guy who is defending Gase with his life.

GasedAndConfused and stinkyB like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just for confirmation - Sam said yesterday on TMKS that after the T.O.D there was a TV timeout and Gase approached Sam saying hey do you want to take a shot downfield here. Sam said, "whatever you want, you're the playcaller".

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Right now Kyle Murray is better than all the QB's drafted last year. He has no OL and is getting it done. I would still rather have Darnold but this guy is playing at a very high level for a rookie on a crappy team. I thought the Cardinals made a bad move trading Rosen but they definitely upgraded.

The 2018 class was supposed to be great. The 2017 and 2019 class may well produce a better group. While you have to give Jackson credit, I'm not convinced he can survive. Sam may well be the only elite QB drafted last year. Murray is nothing like Jackson. He only runs when there is nobody around him. He doesn't seek contact.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Murray's talent is otherworldly. I think I can claim credit for being the first, or at least one of the first, posters to call it. I started a poll last December asking if he should be a first rounder and got way more nos than yeses. But he'd better keep avoiding contact, or he'll get smashed in half. Plus that Falcons defense is soft, so he won't be lighting teams up every week. Still really encouraging though.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I agree, great throwing talent but he's really shockingly small. He played really well against Detroit and he seems to be running more but only into wide open lanes.

10. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

I love Sam but your framing it in the most beneficial way possible for him. Do the last 7 not 6

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

there have been 6 games this year so it's YTD. some QBs missed games so i had to go into last year. it's either that or adjust the numbers based on the amount of games they each played this year only.

12. HomeoftheJets

It's still kind of misleading though. Having said that, I wonder how much sitting on the bench last year helped Sam.

13. GasedAndConfused

how is YTD misleading? it's not like i picked a random number.

14. HomeoftheJets

Because if you looked at 7 games instead of 6, you'd have to add 4 INTs with no TDs. That you had a valid reason for doing what you did (i.e. you weren't intentionally misrepresenting the stats) doesn't mean that your stats aren't still misleading. The statistical term for this is called sensitivity. In other words, your conclusions are sensitive to a small change in your sample.

15. GasedAndConfused

That's literally every stat ever though. if mayfield goes out and throws 5 TDs and 0 INTs next game, it changes his numbers wildly. jacksons stats are pumped by his opening week 5 TD 0 INT game. take out that game and his numbers after that are very mediocre. That's sports and stats in a nut shell. As long as you use a fair starting point (IE not an arbitrary one to try and skew things to a point.) then I don't see any issue. we are 6 weeks into the season. mayfield has played 6 games this year , hence 6 made the most sense. I could even add in murray who played 6 as a rookie and even DJ who started 3 for the giants if you wanted

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The stats are meaningless. Baker got drafted to a team loaded with talent. Jackson got drafted to a team with one of the best coaching staffs in the league which consistently wins more games than it losses. Rosen got drafted to a cluster fuck and was traded to a cluster fuck. Sam got drafted to a cluster fuck. Now he has some coaching and he's sick for weeks. Josh Allen isn't a QB, he's a freak athlete learning how to play QB.

I think all the situations are so different that limited stats are meaningless at this point. We have limited eye test which the stats will catch up too in a couple of years.

17. GasedAndConfused

I don't disagree with you at all, but still isn't it impressive that sam going to a clusterfuck is outperofrming Qbs who were drafted to much better teams? I do think rosen gets a pass but outside of him, sam was clearly put in the worst situation of all the other QBs and is still suceeding

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sam looks like a special player. We should be thrilled but personally I don't care how he stakes up against his class. I care how he stakes up against the top QB's in the league over a career.

19. GasedAndConfused

true but the old guard is changing. it's very realistic that in the next 3 years rodgers, brees, brady, ben, rivers all retire. rodgers may play longer but the other 3 are almost a guarentee. right now that leaves mahomes as the defacto top QB. wilson will be up there and probably wentz. nobody else really stands out. Sam has a good of a shot as any to be in that top 5 club. probably a better shot then most. maybe dak can get there? I can see darnold being a top 5 QB 3 years from now in the NFL for sure

K'OB and mrjet80 like this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It has to play out. It's all hope and hype right now. The future looks good for Sam. It still hasn't happened yet.

You're sleeping on Watson. Don't look now but Teddy Bridgewater is 4 and 0 in 4 game starts and has a rating of 98.4 this year. The future is unknown. Sam has the talent but he could get injured or worse, genital herpes. TBD...

Acad23 and GasedAndConfused like this.