2018 Qbs last 6 games stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 14, 2019.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think he tied the knot this past off season.... that will do anyone in.;)

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wilson is on pace to be the this years MVP. You might not be high on him but the facts are the facts. He’s elite.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Josh Allen stinks.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yes this year he is so far. he's in his 8th year though and for the previous 7 hasn't been in consideration for a MVP. lets not forget wentz was on an MVP pace before the injury and he hans't looked great nevermind elite at all. cam newton also won an MVP but for the most part has been a pretty medicore QB that has only seen sucess with a taylor made RPO offense and an elite defense.

Wilson is a good QB who is great at not turning the ball over and puts up really good stats. but he's not the win the game for you type of QB. Matter of fact when he had the chance to win a 2nd SB he threw a game losing INT to an UDFA rookie CB. wilson is only considered good for his lack of mistakes. he's a slightly better dak.

mrjet80 likes this.
  5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Aside from Brady, Russell Wilson has the highest winning pct. of any active QB. I wonder what his win pct. would be if he was "elite"?

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sam was sharp Sunday.

He even got a little cocky with his tosses.

That audible to Robby was brilliant.

His pocket presence has improved big time... as has his reads.

I'm loving his progress...we'll see what we're made of vs. the Pats.

7. GasedAndConfused

FYI wasn't an audible. I read an article stating it was the called play. No idea where this "it was an audible" came from. my best guess is a combo from fans of darnold love and gase hate. Not wanting to give gase credit while simultaneously wanting to give sam extra credit.

8. GasedAndConfused

what a difference a great head coach, run game, o-line, and defense can do for a QB huh? when they won the SB they had one of the best defenses all time (legion of boom and all) and beastmode lynch at RB

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

No love for Kyle Allen?
    He was a 2018 QB, and has played surprisingly well.

I think it's safe to say Rosen and Falk will never be good starting QB's.
    Jury is out on the rest, but the other first rounders have all looked quite good at times.

10. BacktoQueens

After the first line, I could have sworn you were talking about Br*dy, but forgot to also reference the systematic cheating.

He lucked into the best situation of all time.

11. GasedAndConfused

lol nah was talking about wilson. he did go to a good situation though but deserves credit for what he's done. he's a really good QB not a knock on him, he's just not elite. Only QB in the NFL under 35 that I would consider elite right now is mahomes. watson has potential to get there and his situation is worse then wilsons. he has the good WRs and run game but his o-line is brutal and his defense isn't as good. if watson wasn't so mobile he would have david carr syndrome by now

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess you could say Allen is in the best situation overall. And thanks for the Rudolph clarification, I just read it wrong. Didn't realize you already doubled it. I thought this was a strong QB class last year and I still do. Just takes time.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...interesting.

I just went with what I heard.

Shit...@Falco21 was right....and wrong.

Whatevs...with Sam back we need to go vertical more often...and I wanna see Bell get the ball in space well past the line of scrimmage.

14. BacktoQueens

Wilson stepped into a good situation no doubt.
    Situation isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be though, and he's still playing at a high level.
    He'll be in the MVP conversation this year.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This was one of my biggest beefs with Gase's playcalling yesterday. When we were stalling in the 2nd half... why the hell not call designed pass plays for your most dangerous player? He's unbelievable in open space. It's kinda what makes Bell so unique. 1 target... unacceptable. Go figure, the one game he works in more RB options is the one game he should have fed Bell more. But that's a different story for a different thread.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

nah baker has it the best. 3rd most time to throw the ball in the NFL, 7th highest graded pass blocking o-line. Stud RB in chubb (he's 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards) and 2 pro bowl WRs (landry and OBJ) to throw to. no other QB has it that good. and their defense is pretty legit too. If baker was playing better they would be 4-5 wins right now instead of 2.

Allen has an elite defense on the other side, but his o-line is average, is run game and RBs are mediocre and his WRs flat out suck.

17. GasedAndConfused

yeah I seen a few people say it here, no idea who started it but it's not true. apparently robby gave gase a look after the 4th down stop and gase was like "yeah it's time to take that deep shot with you" and dialed it up. he said to that point dallas was playing single high safety all the way and the CBs were biting. it was perfectly set up for the double move with the DB biting and no deep safety help. it was a perfect call and sam made a perfect throw and robby a great catch. credit to everyone all around

18. GasedAndConfused

yeah their team has gone down for sure. this is the 1st year they have a real run game going with carson. they used a 1st rounder on penny 2 years ago who hasn't panned out and is a backup right now to carson who was a 7th round pick the same year. their defense is a shell of what it was. no more legion of boom left. they even lost a lot of their rushers. they are solid and wagner is a top 2 ILB but overall the D isn't close to what it was. neither is the run game. Part of it is his 35 million cap charge too. they won when he was on a rookie deal as a 3rd round pick. The only better he has now is a WR group and even then it's not great. Jimmy G was a 1000 yard TE in NO for a long time. sea gave up a 1st for him and russell couldn't get him the ball. he has talent at WR but kind of wasted it. he had tate and everyone shat on tate, then he left for detriot and lit it up. all wilsons WRs leave him and do better. there is a reason for that. even kearse for the jets had a career year here with a rookie QB after leaving seattle. good QBs inflate their WRs stats, russell dos the opposite. that's a tell tale sign he isn't elite.

19. GasedAndConfused

I'd just like to point out 1 thing here off topic. this is wilsons best year of his career. his OC is Brian Schotthiemer, the same guy the jets (2006-2011) and the Rams (2012-2014) fired for being awful.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Wilson may not have been elite when he entered the league, but he is there now.