2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Used Ridley, good call.
    Looking good in my classic league for the week. Should get off the snide. Might actual stain my money back in a dfs contest .

dawinner127 likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Luckily you picked Ridley because All of those other guys i listed shit the bed lmao.

Up by 12.3 in my big money Yahoo league, he has Mike Evans. Hopefully that Fitzmagic turns to Fitztragic tonight. I had Ridley on the bench in that league behind Garcon. Blah.

3. dawinner127

AJ Green a little banged up so I think I am going big time on Boyd. It looks like he has established himself as the number two and if AJ cant stay on the field Boyd sky rockets. I was close to picking him up last week but picked up Ridley instead. I currently have $85 of FAAB left and I am seriously contemplating spending a little more than 20% of that, maybe even upwards of 30% on him.

Currently my WRs are Stills, Enunwa, Crowder, Garcon, and Ridley. I personally think Garcon is droppable at this point.

Also, I have Luck as my QB and I am done with his ass. Tannenhill or Baker are on the WW. Which one do you guys like ROS? Tannenhill, Eli and Baker all have nice matchups this weekend. Personally, I like RT over all of them for ROS.

Thoughts?

EDIT - If you are in a deep league go pick up Antonio Callaway. Him and Baker are going to be something special.

4. FJF

Callaway is gone in my league.
    I’d go with tannehill too. And yea, garçon is done. Definitely drop him.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So I had the Saints D but the fact that they have gotten shredded and the injuries to their secondary made me drop them even with the Giants up next. I made the move already but who would you guys pick up-----Colts ( don't laugh 2 very good games in a row with 8 sacks ) ,,,Packers,,,,,,,,,,Titans,,,,,,,or Seahawks ?

6. dawinner127

Packers. They have a nice 3 game stretch coming up starting with Buffalo this week.

FJF and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

127---I was out bid for the Packers,,,,,took Seattle . I like them against Rosen especially if no Fitzgerald,,we shall see I can always take another D next week

8. dawinner127

Is Cleveland available? Seattle on the road just isn't the same team.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

no if the Browns were there I would have snatched em up 2 weeks ago,,,,,and yes Im aware that Seatle is much better at home. The best choices were the ones I gave you. I was high on the Saints coming in and Westie is the special teams coach but they lost Lewis on returns and now the secondary is destroyed with injuries. The Colts caught my eye as they seem to be playing well on Def and the Cards are out there and "could " be good ,,,,slim pickens and a crapshoot right now

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. dawinner127

Yeah just roll with Seattle. Hopefully the rookie makes some mistakes for you.

CBG likes this.
  11. dawinner127

I know the tightend position has been shit for the majority of us unless you have Kelce or Gronk, but go take a look at Hayden Hurst - 1st round pick TE by Balt. He suffered a foot injury and has missed the first 3 weeks, but he is Questionable tomorrow night in Pittsburgh (I doubt he plays). I can't find the article (I read it in the offseason), but they were saying how effective Flacco is throwing the intermediate route over the middle of the field (exactly where Hurst thrives).

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hear you 127 the TE position is tough-but the only thing is that the Ravens also have Williams and Andrews and Flacco throws to ALL these Tight Ends-----I took a chance on Ricky Seals Jones ( I have Jimmy Graham ) as the change at QB and now Fitzgerald having issues , Rosen will have to throw to someone , maybe its Kirk maybe its more Seals ,,,,Gresham does not scare me .

FJF likes this.
  13. FJF

I’m using jones too. Not a bad option

CBG likes this.
  14. dawinner127

Oh absolutely. The only thing going for this kid is that the ravens took him in the first round. they definitely didn’t draft him 25th overall to block. I have Burton as my starter but hoping this guy could be a nice chip later in the season

I always look to be a week or two early on a Guy than the week after. Calvin Ridley as An example. I also threw a dart at Kirk on Arizona. Rosen targeted him 4 times in his 2 drives he played vs Chicago.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Exactly and I agree with being ahead of the curve --IF we can-----another guy that is under the radar and the change at QB could help and he is better than guys out there is Clay on Buff----he is still available in my league and had someone beat me tp RSJ I would have taken a chance. Clay is in the last year of his contract too,,,good luck all

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FYI,,,if you are playing Draftkings or Fan Duel,,,the TE position is weak so I rolled on Draftkings with ASJ = I think he gets in and we all know the Jet linebackers could not cover Brook. In other news I started the Browns vs Carr = these 2 moves let me spend up elsewhere. Good luck all

FJF likes this.
  17. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Lol I think I have the one of the highest scoring 0-4 fantasy teams, as I keep coming up against the highest scorer. Just put up 144 points, vs. 181 points. 491 to 623 for the season so far :O

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow sucks I feel your pain ----in other News site we were talking TE s I know Brate will be a popular pickup but Howard will be back to cloud things even though Winston likes him,,,,I and gonna try and drop RSJ and pickup Kroft

19. FJF

Ugh, that ruling at the end of the Monday night game changing the fumble to an incomplete pass cost me a win in draft kings. I had the Chiefs d and 1 point was the difference between 1st and me ending up 4. Good r.o.i. but damn it I wanted to win.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. dawinner127

That is a BRUTAL loss.