2018-2019 NCAA Division I Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by GQMartin, Aug 31, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No problem, mate. Your question is valid. It could be a matter of poor recruiting, poor system selection, poor coaching by his QB Coach/OC or even Harbaugh himself. I will say that Michigan and the Big Ten are not the desirable situation that they once were. Prospects often prefer going to the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. I think the weather there is an issue as well in limiting an offense.

2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I must admit that if was a top recruit from High School and I had offers from around the country, if you excluded the actual coaching differences, I would probably favour a milder climate in the South to train and play in. Michigan is so far North that the worse weather conditions has to have some effect on recruiting

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Conference championship saturday.. Anyone watching?

Fukin Bama pulls out the comeback
    Half heartedly Watched it streaming at "work".... Did see the end. Those phuckers. As much as i despise them , kinda cool to see jalen hurts come in off the bench for the win

Currently watching clemson-pitt.... Going as expected. :-/

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I can't think of any other team but Bama that would have their starting Q/B go off injured and bring on someone else with the quality of Hurts. He could have transferred but he decided to tough it out and learn more of his trade with Dan Enos.

You have to repect both Tua and Jalen and they certainly respect each other. With 4 weeks off until the play-offs now, I can't see anyone but Bama winning it.

stinkyB likes this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

UCF screwed again, back to back undefeated seasons and can't get into the playoff. Guess 25 wins in a row isn't enough, maybe next year after they are up to 38 wins in a row they can get a shot? Probably not.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The CFP is the least interesting solution to the college championship issue. The lack of a clear objective criteria makes the selection as subjective and arbitrary as the two poll system from 20 years ago. They’ve resolved nothing and people have bought it hook, line and sinker.

The Waterboy likes this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Interesting QB prospect on display today. Mason Fine, North Texas State, is only 5'10" but threw for over 9,000 yards in 2 seasons. Will be playing Utah State in New Mexico Bowl today. NTS was the only school to offer him a scholarship. His coach, who coached Foles at Ariz. and Trubisky at NC, said Fine is better than both at this stage.

#27 westiedog1, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Nice job, you put the hex on him. Out of the game in the first quarter with a leg injury

#28 The Waterboy, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    westiedog1 likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

LOL, oh well, not the first time I've jinxed a QB!