2017 Yankees - This Sanchez is better than that Sanchez

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Yankees are in one painful to watch funk.

No matter what the offense has done for the past 21 games or so, the pitching (starting or bullpen) is blowing it. The O has been decent given the amount of injuries.

Every pitcher has failed at least once during their streak.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yanks have held the sox to one run over the past 27 innings.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Watching Carter in the National league I wasn't surprised with what happened with him.

Lucas Duda would be a great fit right now. I know it's not usual for the teams to deal, but I wonder if the Yanks have trade pieces? Duda's a good defender and could really help them. The Mets have Dominic Smith looming in the minors for next year. But Sandy drives a tough bargain, and I'm not sure how Cash is approaching this.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's just incredibly streaky. Duda is having a good year in what is I believe a contract year, but he's been known to hit five homers in a week and hit .450 over that week-week and a half span and then dry up for a month.

I just don't want to give up any of the youth, and I'm sure Cashman won't with this revitalization of the franchise. I just wonder if this is viewed as enough of a competitive year to try to make move.

I want to see us attempt to get a pitcher like Sonny Gray. There still doesn't seem to be much of a future of this rotation moving forward outside of Severino (especially with Tanaka's struggles). It'd be awesome to trade for Sonny Gray and retain him. Almost tough to see an Oakland pitcher coming here, signing a big deal and seeing extended success though.

5. Walt White

Yeah, I'm not really in tune with the Yanks and how Cash is approaching things. But it seems like a 1st baseman and a pitcher could keep them in the hunt. I get your point tho. I would like to see the Yanks compete and stay in the hunt. Duda's a good 1st baseman and can go on tremendous tears. Him sitting behind Sanchez and Judge & co. would make one hellava a powerhouse lineup.
    Sandy would want something tho and it may not be time for Cash to do that like you said.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Pineda having TJ surgery

7. Walt White

Yankees Have Inquired With Mets On Duda, Reed :)

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/new-york-mets

They both could make a difference. But Sandy will wait and wait to get the best deal. I'd like to see the Yanks get 'em both. But I wanna see 'em pay, a lot too, tho.:)

8. Dierking

Yankees reacquire D-rob. Three closers and one starter is no way to build a pitching staff.

joe and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. Walt White

Frazier is a good piece too. Goes to 3rd and Headley goes to 1st. Shows Cash wants to stay in the hunt while there's a chance. Now maybe he'll pick up a Starter and use the deep Bullpen to help the starters early.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I'm starting to get confused about this whole let's get a million good relievers and they'll rectify shitting starting pitching mentality.

The three headed monster thing at the backend of the bullpen does you no good if you're down 6-1 in the 6th.

I wish we would've made a play for Sonny Gray. The intriguing part is obviously his youth to go along with the talent.

11. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Still seems to be something wrong with Matt Holliday. He has been getting a few hits lately, but I don't remember a hard hit ball from him since he came back from the DL.

12. Dierking

Didi stole his juju obviously

John Lombardo likes this.
  13. Dierking

back in first with three games in hand on the sox

14. Walt White

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Oakland was desperate to unload Gray and it sounds like the Yankees got him without giving up that much,

16. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Gray for Mateo (who is blocked at ss anyway), "hope his knee recovers" Fowler, and "who knows what he'll be after TJS" Kaprelian? FUCK YES.

Last year, we turned our uber-bullpen into arguably the best farm system in MLB, and this year we get an under-control-til-2019 high #2 starter + rotation depth + bullpen help w/o giving up the top studs. Amazing.

Darvish to the Dodgers is kinda scary though.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Excellent deal. Two players coming off major season ending injuries. Mateo looks like he's going to be a good player, but as you said he saw relatively blocked at shortstop anyways (although he may end up being an outfielder from what I've read -- blocked there too).

I don't get why the A's were in such a rush to get rid of him. His contract isn't up until after the 2019 season. I figured they'd want to wait another year, but they're going nowhere fast so I guess they figured they'll get the most out of him trading him to a team while he's under control.

I just hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Jeff Weaver back in the day in not being able to pitch in New York. But Weaver also came to an older roster with a championship pedigree. Gray will be able to grow with this young roster. We also badly needed a young starter to build with.

Severino & Gray is a nice 1-2 punch for the next couple years.

Severino struggling tonight so far. I may have jinxed him but I just said to a friend I feel like he's going to struggle today. Not sure why lol. Cmon Sevy!

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

19. matt robinson 17

11-20 in 1 run games

20. matt robinson 17

The great Yankee Captain Thurman Munson, died in a plane crash this day in 1979...

[​IMG]

Walt White and The Dark Knight like this.