2017 QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jetfannerd, Oct 5, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The problem with Trubisky is that he couldn't beat out the Tarheels' starter last season (Marvin Williams I think was his name) and has only one year of starting experience. We already have had a QB like that who was a miserable failure and who came from a much more high profile program than UNC's. Trubisky might be better than Sanchez, but I'd be shocked if he's NFL ready, and I'd be extremely nervous about using my 1st round pick on him.

2. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Him not beating out Marquise Williams isn't a big deal. Williams broke around 20 school records and was a more than capable college QB who nearly led them to an undefeated season.

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Carson Wentz was getting a a lot of buzz around this time last year and is who i wanted in the 2nd but his value skyrocketed by the end of the season as he went #2 overall. Im beginning to think we talk a hard pass at any QB this year unless Watson slides to the 2nd I'm passing on all of them. Patrick Mahomes kid from Texas Tech is intriguing though

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless the Jets really like a QB in the 1st round, I can't see them taking another QB this year. They've already drafted two project QBs. I can't see their drafting another unless they think he's NFL ready and could come in and challenge for the starting spot, if not start right away.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Get a QB from FCS ,,,who cares

But Choose wisely

Play Hack ...See what hes got

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hmm. Insightful stuff right there.

westiedog1 and Big Cat like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dead as a doornail with this godforsaken team

You got something?

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain the Deshone Kizer fascination to me in terms other than "he looks like Cam Newton!".

I don't see it at all. He looks like a worse version of Cardale Jones.

9. Big Cat

Kaaya is going to be frustrating all draft season. He's really smart, has great fundamentals and touch/accuracy but his utter lack of arm strength and athleticism will probably kill him.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm going to pound the mat for Luke Falk. There is nothing he can't do throwing the football. His accuracy and ball placement is incredible. He has the perfect size (although he could use to add a few pounds). The downfalls are that he's in the Air Raid system and is in the shotgun for every play and occasionally he forces the passes into coverage. But if he declares himself eligible for the draft I expect him to have the same upward movement that Carson Wentz had last year.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

College career has been unimpressive, he could've had a much better career, but I think his skills translate MUCH better in the NFL, I love his accuracy. I like the kid, not a can't miss obviously but has some good skill-sets.

A lot of the guys I would take a look at unfortunately play for gimmick offenses, and they have really good arms. Patrick Mahomes and Mason Rudolph specifically. If Mitch comes out I would take him, but the only other guy is Kaaya, otherwise I'll wait until 2018.

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Have you watched any of his games from last season? He started off well this year, but has regressed. I think part of that has to do Brian Kelly and the lack of support he has in ND. But his game against Texas shows some of his positives. He was great under duress and showed of amazing accuracy. He has great physical tools and there are a umber of instances of him executing tight window throws last season. He's significantly. better than Cardale.

13. Big Cat

Pretty much all of what I've watched is from this year. Idk, if that's the case then it's still a hard pass from me. We already have one developmental QB who regressed throughout college because of "bad coaching and teammates". I think that's the league limit. Let's go get a guy who looks good the year he declares for the draft.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can't say I've seen a lot of Luke Falk but is he as good as the stats say he is? The dude is completing 71% of his passes, but I'm curious as to how many of those passes are quick screens and such the air raid offense is famous for. Also, does he go through progressions or has he made his living like Geno Smith had at West Virginia (I.e. quick drop back, one read and throw)?

His stat lines are eerily similar to Geno's from the same system, as well as what you described from how he's played in college. Big arm, athletic, same system, etc.

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are his sisters. DRAFT THIS BEAST.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

His down field passing accuracy is nice. He drops the ball right on the money. He throws the deep out, the skinny post and the go route beautifully. Can't always tell if he's staring down receivers or going through his progressions (need to see some more of his games), but his pocket awareness is solid, he steps up to avoid the rush and continues to look downfield.

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He scans the whole field sometimes. Gets through them very quickly, almost as if he's looking off defenders, but he's obviously going through them.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  18. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

the fact that he was able to do anything at penn with the worst oline in football history and on top of that playing in a system outside his skill set shows he can handle pressure.

put tom brady in a read-option offense with no oline and see what happens.

19. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

nah dude he played ultimate frisbee at Springfield elementary

xxedge72x likes this.
  20. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

He's publicly declared he's not coming out this season.

That -might- change but I think he's more likely to be in next year's class than this years. I haven't seen much of his stuff but what I have seen has been very impressive.

2017 is honestly looking like a bad year for QBs. I'd rather us pick up and reload at the positions this years draft is strong in like DB, RB, Edge, Interior OL, and wait until the comparatively much, much stronger 2018 class for a QB. (Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, Lamar Jackson) Possibly even do a trade-down to get some extra ammo for 2018.

#80 wampa, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Murrell2878 likes this.