2017 QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jetfannerd, Oct 5, 2016.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I liked the QB that went up against WVU this past weekend.

2. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Baker Mayfield is nearly the same height as Skyler Howard with plus athleticism and a bigger arm.

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

He's also 100 times the player Howard is. WVU tried everything they could to find a replacement for Howard the past couple seasons. He won't sniff the draft.

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

What about the rest of his games? He had all those boo'ers silent all year

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand... He has been boo'd all year long so that includes the "rest of his games." Don't believe me? Look at his pregame quotes before Oklahoma State where he says he prefers playing on the road because he hears less boo's and hatred from the crowd.

He hasn't silenced anyone, he's a downgrade from the previous QB cycle which included Clint Trickett for christ sakes. He's forced Dana Holgerson who made Brandon Weeden a first round pick to change his offense and limit his throws 10 yards and further. I don't think you've actually seen him play and if you have it hasn't been in person and probably not even live, highlights don't do justice.

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I watch all the games I can bro lol. I see him get bashed all the time.last weekend was bad but he's had really good games in past weeks.. I just like his story and root for him.. I've seen some growth but I understand he's wildly inconsistent and wouldn't be anything special at all in the next level .. just wanted to know what people on here thought of him

7. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Luke Falk from Washington State can ball.

8. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Clayton Thorson from Northwestern is a sophomore, but he looks like he could be something.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Has anyone watched enough of North Carolina's Mitch Trubisky to make a fair assessment? I've seen some highlights that indicate he certainly has NFL arm talent and his stat line reads of a 71% completion percentage with 18 touchdowns to 2 interceptions. Is he as good as the stats indicate?!

10. 101GangGreen101

He certainly has the tools to be a franchise qb. Excellent decision maker, very live arm and is accurate. Not many flaws in his game, but I think his footwork can be messy at times and can be over reliant on his arm strength.

I think he's inexperienced and may need another year, but I have him over Watson and Kaaya. Kaaya probably the most improved qb in the country.

11. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He seems like a godsend. 70%+ completion percentage on a lot of throws, most of his passes are in the 5-10 yard range and he takes shots down the field. Doesn't throw screens into the dirt. Makes plenty enough throws into tight coverage.

From what I've seen he sometimes throws behind his receiver and doesn't really lead his receivers well on deep balls, this can probably be fixed as he gets more game time, as this is his first year starting.

I think he should stay in college for another year to get more experience.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Luke Falk QB Washington St. I will need to do a bunch of research, but right now he might be my favorite in this year's draft. And, I would not be upset if we drafted another QB high. Keep throwing darts at the board. We'll hit a bulls-eye eventually.

HAYN likes this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Trubisky is Derek Carr reincarnated. The accuracy, decision making and touch are all off the charts. He's as good a natural thrower of the football as Carr. I pray that he falls because of the fact that he plays in a spread offense just like Carr did.

If we have a chance at Watson or him in the first round we need to kick the idea of Hackenberg and Petty to the curb. I'll be livid if we pass on better prospects because of the unknown (which is why it's ridiculous that Fitz is still playing).

cgrec likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

He's looked pretty damn good tonight. I doubt he falls if he declares though, and I think he will. He could be the first quarterback taken and I imagine he shoots up draft boards like Bortles did. Perhaps rated as a second round quarterback that will impress in workouts and the interviewing process.

Then again, this is a somewhat weak class by other years standards so he might be rated fairly highly as it is. I've seen him go as high as #2 in mock drafts although it's early for those.

15. 101GangGreen101

Didn't want the game yesterday, but what was the deal with those interceptions? I saw the highlights, they looked like boneheaded mistakes ... I need to watch the draftbreakdown when it's available. Never seen him make those types of mistakes before...

16. NCJet312

NCJet312 New Member

UNC fan here. Whole team was bad against Duke. His footwork does get dirty sometimes. He hasn't handled pressure well when faced with it. I was fully confident in him leading a game winning drive against Duke (he did against Pitt and FSU earlier in the season). But, there was miscommunication between he and the receiver on the last pick. He also threw it off his back foot while being pressured, which sailed it.

All that to say, if he comes out, he could easily be the best QB in the draft. He has arm talent like we've never seen at UNC (not saying much, as our QB's have never performed great professionally), and he can make all of the throws. Definitely NFL caliber arm. Footwork can probably be fixed. But, he needs to do better against pressure. He's eaten some sacks this year that could've been prevented.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

What do you guys think of JT Barrett?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Barrett to me is a much more athletic version of Chad Pennington. He is smart, he makes good decisions, and has amazing escape ability.

I just don't know that he has a true NFL arm, he doesn't throw the ball ultra hard and he isn't the greatest going deep. However he did have much more success going deep when he was throwing to Devin Smith.

I think he will be a late rounder based on his arm strength alone. If drafted at all. IMO

19. Jonathan_Vilma

He's the type of guy I've been raving about as a late round pick for quite a while now. Proven winners, regardless of elite skillset. AJ McCarron type of players from winning programs. We have nothing to lose using a 6th/7th round pick on guys like this.

I won't say I was confident in Dak transforming into the pro he has become, but I remember making a thread on Cody Kessler last year. Although the jury is still out on him, he looks like he could keep turning into a solid pro.

Multi-year starters with tons of wins and big stats on their resume shouldn't be so overlooked. We're starting to learn that, first with Russell Wilson, now Dak. That's why I applauded drafted Petty.

We also need to open up camp to these fucking quarterback competitions already and stop naming a starter three days into mini-camp. It's so god damn frustrating.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would absolutely take a chance on Barrett as well and I agree with you. I just don't think his game is going to translate over well to the NFL.

I think Ohio State has an amazing scheme for the players they have and they have a lot of talent on offense surrounding Barrett. I feel that hurts his stock as well.