2016 Pro Bowl Players Announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Dec 22, 2015.

1. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Kewll?!?!?!

2. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Lol, was just coming in here to post that..

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for MoWilk. He finally gets his due, gets voted to the probowl, and he'll have to pass so he can play in SB50.

Such is life in the NFL

Falco21 likes this.
  4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Too many players make it on their name, Collins and Jones made it for my team, Collins has all-world talent but still needs to learn, he's damn good, pro-bowl worthy, but to make it over Devin McCourty and Dont'a Hightower is silly. both of those defenders are better than Collins at this point. (And I'm a huge Collins fan). Every team has snubs. Thats why we shouldn't get too worked up over the PB. It's a name recognition bowl.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Exactly it's basically a name contest.

Malcolm Butler, who's claim to fame was sealing the SB was named to the SB, with his 2 iNT's...I think McCourty and hell, even Ryan have been better than him in their secondary.

Wouldn't put much stock into this

6. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

i agree with you... But we dont have an all pro on our team this year. We dont have a single player that is best at his position in the afc... We have deserving pro bowlers... Calvin johnson was a bad pick though and big ben. Really he was hurt for like 8 games.

#26 thankyourevis, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  7. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Malcolm butler was not voted in by the fans.. He was voted in by the coaches and players. So there goes that theory.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. strngplyr

Disagree on Butler, he's been lockdown, for the most part, he's obviously not Revis, nobody is Revis, but in 2015 he's been one of the best CB's. Forget PFF, watch him play. Never makes the same mistake twice. And I agree with @thankyourevis, Butler wasn't a fan vote, he's a player and coach vote.

PB is 90% names though. Many, most, deserve it. There are certainly snubs hurt by the popularity of others on bigger teams.

Edit: Also on this post, I'll admit that when a team has two good-great receivers, Butler covers #2 on an island, Ryan takes #1 with safety help. Same scheme as 2014, Revis covered the #2, Browner took on the #1 with a safety. Partially why both Revis and (far more severely) Browner are having worse seasons than 2014.

Revis is "older" and being asked to do a harder task. He's still one of the best in the NFL but while still one of the best, he's easily the oldest of the best. Eventually that catches up, especially with athletic ability-based positions.

#28 strngplyr, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    thankyourevis and Mogriffjr like this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't follow PFF or make it as the bible of how a guy plays...it helps as a measure...I don't know, I just feel McCourty and Ryan have been better but I don't exactly follow the Pats like that so I'll have to check more of him out...

thankyourevis likes this.
  10. strngplyr

I respect that, Ryan is easily our most improved player on defense, he went from a near certain cut to our #2 starting CB in 4 or 5 weeks from preseason week 3 to when T. Brown was placed on IR. McCourty is easily our best DB, he's a top 3, if not THE best Free Safety in the NFL, and the Pro Bowl is proof that it's based on name recognition. Butler is a better player than Ryan, but Ryan makes more "splash" plays. He has the INT's, Butler doesn't.

We can go on forever as to why the pro-bowl is flawed.

thankyourevis likes this.
  11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The game itself should be scrapped. Fan vote is and always has been irrelevant. The distinction should be thru All Pro first and second team announcements.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Revis adds another notch to the ol' belt. Glad for Mo and Marshall. They deserve it.

13. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Good to see Mo make it. Mangold however was a snub. Same with Pryor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

While I'm sure Mangold doesn't mind I think it's clear that he is the Jets MVP. This is a completely different team when he is not in there playing as evidenced by our rough stretch in late October/early November.

ajax likes this.
  15. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

So many receivers. I mean Allen Robinson should be in over calvin Johnson. Every year there's guys that get snubbed. This year actually doesn't have as many.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Always nice when some of our Jets get some recognition.
    All 3 are well deserved.
    While there are many players who could have also been considered, for me Calvin Pryor is the one who deserves it the most.
    That being said, you better be a RB running for 15oo yards or a pass rusher with a dozen sacks to get noticed in just your second year - so not really a surprise.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Have to settle on his HOF induction....I've seen kids at the park punt better than him

Brook! likes this.
  18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Look how we play w/o him greaser

19. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Woodson and Berry, two charity cases. It's completely pathetic how the players and coaches voted them in out of sympathy instead of picking the 2 guys that deserved it the most (Pryor & Reshad Jones). With Pryor I guess you charge it to the game, he was pretty bad last year so he'll be a lock next year if he keeps getting better. I'm actually more shocked that Jones didn't make it. Dude played lights out over the entire year on a terrible defense.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Butler is a scrappy dude for sure, he played Antonio Brown very well in the first game in the season. Outside of the big TD against the Giants and Odell, he put the clamps on him as well.

Marshall and Bowles have gave Butler his props.

strngplyr likes this.