2016 is the Year of QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TouchyFeely, Jan 21, 2015.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That's probably why he won't go back, he regressed after O'Brien left, but his best interests draft wise would have been to transfer or stay for his final season, he's not NFL draft ready

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that he's not draft ready. If he transferred, unless he went to a FCS school, he would have had to sit out for a year, correct? That makes it harder for him to return to school. If I were him, I might still have done it, however. I'd want to prove to NFL scouts/teams that I am still an elite prospect, am not gun shy, and have solid fundamentals. I'd bet on myself that I could get drafted higher and get a better contract a year down the road.

Of course, the problem with going back to school is that he could suffer a major injury at that school. He'd have to thoroughly investigate the school and make sure it had an excellent OL and WRs, and had a HC, OC, or QB coach that was known as a guru who could help erase the bad habits he's developed, and get his head straight. That might be hard to do. Of course, entering the draft, he has no say in where he goes. If he doesn't wind up on a team that has that QB guru where he can get the coaching he needs, and where there's a great vet ahead of him where he can sit and learn for a year or two, he's probably screwed. I can't help but feel badly for the kid.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Likely sees himself screwed both ways. If he stays at Penn State he most likely has another bad year, he tried the whole play better thing this season to little success. He could transfer, but with all these character issue questions it'd probably spin back on him as him abandoning his team. Now he also doesn't have to worry about getting snapped in half by a pass rush before he's making pro money.

This, to me, seems like a "cutting your losses" business decision.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I see him 5th round or lower or not drafted at all