2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Sammy Coates is a beast

2. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Laquon treadwell is awesome but he can't declare this year u need to be 3 years removed from HS and he was like the #1 wr recruit in his class. Needless to say I don't think he redshirted. Could be wrong though

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Time to dig into this thread

4. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

When the DRAFT finally gets here, the JETS need to get two of these guys in green and white when it is all said and done in: AMARI COOPER, JAELEN STRONG, KEVIN WHITE, and TYLER LOCKETT.

5. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Jets should go OT then WR in early second which will be top 40 (trade up if you want your guy). I don't see any WR other than Cooper being Top 10 worthy this early in the process. Is DGB really going Top 10? We need OL help so, so bad.

In any event, this WR class is sneaky good. Please no small WRs.

6. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Amari Cooper is great, but the Julio Jones, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson comparisons I've seen a few people make here are off the mark. Cooper doesn't dominate with size the way those guys do. Without question the #1 WR prospect this year for sure. Don't know much about his off-the-field stuff a few people have cited.

Currently thinking WR/OL Rounds 1/2 unless we're somehow in a position to take Mariota - but I don't think we'll quite be bad enough to do that.

#146 wampa, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    legler82 and Matty Jets like this.
  7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I wonder why some people are against snagging a top tackle brick is washed up lol and giacomini is a backup at best

8. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Brick still has a couple of good years left in him. Giacomini is a starting quality tackle, though admittedly not a great one - but hasn't played badly this season. Some of the poorer-looking tackle play this season can absolutely be laid at the Jets problems at the guard position - tackles trying to cover for guard errors making them look bad. We do have a bunch of young OL prospects we've drafted over the past two years, but I don't think any of them have really seen much game time - no idea how they're developing. Unless one or two of them are really coming along though, drafting an OL early (Rds 1/2) is definitely an option.

With our biggest OL hole being at guard, our lack of skill position talent offensively, and the fact that there's typically good second-round value in players who project to the guard position, WR/OG is probably the way to go. The other possibility at guard is picking up Mike Iupati in FA, but I somehow don't see Izdik shelling out the cash we'd need to get him.

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm all about tacking an OT in the first this year. Sure Breno is a starter but a low quality one, and better to have Brick at LT while the rookie gets his feet wet at RT.

10. Matty Jets

I'm just saying, o-line needs to be revamped. Sign Iupati and draft top OL in Top 10 and we will have accomplished that. Plus good WRs will be available in second round.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Of course I'd like to have Iupati, but he is going to be killer expensive. He was a pro bowler in 2012 and 2013, and wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes again this year. He'll be 28 before the season starts, so I'm not sure we should be handing out enormous contracts like that to a 28 year old guard. I'm not saying definitely no, but it's not without it's downsides.

Matty Jets likes this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Really like these linebackers from Washington in Thompson and Kikaha.

13. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm guessing both of these guys go in the mid-late first, meaning we're unlikely to get them unless we trade down in the first or we get lucky and one of them drops to us at the top of the second. Kikaha is probably more likely to drop than Thompson.

14. Matty Jets

How sick is Randy Gregory? I just think we have other needs but then again we can use a pass rusher like him, if we deem Cooper/OL/Mariotta/Winston unworthy.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

If Kikaha were to drop I'd take him without thinking twice. I would even consider Thompson with our first pick if we traded back and picked up a few extra picks.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

For those who don't have time to keep up on everything there is a site I kind of like that soft of highlights things and has seemed fairly reliable. It's rumor based and assigned to anonymous GM's and Scout's (understandably since NO GM or scout is going to go on record on an undeclared college prospect, especially non seniors). It's rumor based so take it with a grain of salt, but again to me it's seemed pretty reliable thus far, but it may be NFL hype since it's NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-us-what-were-hearing-about-top-nfl-prospects

And for those of us tracking draft order from week to week (since currently that's the most exciting ranking to follow for the Jets, it sure as hell isn't our chances at the playoffs.
    The current Semi-official if the season were end today draft order by Gil Brandt.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-draft-order-top-3-needs-for-all-32-teams

Brook! and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't want to sound like a beating drum ...

1968jetsfan likes this.
  18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No argument, earlier I liked Mariota but the more I study the college QB's the only one right now that attracts me at all is Jamison, but his off the field issues push him to mid to late first, early 2nd. I'd be tempted to take him top 5 just because the Jets are so so so weak at QB, but you gotta have a sure thing if you draft someone top 5 and Jamison isn't a sure thing.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Winston against Notre Dame was just magical. It's a shame Winston has these attitude issues - it's a major red flag to me as well. I think if Winston is there at the end of the first round, maybe you pull a trade to move up like the Vikings did w/ Bridgewater - the salary is lower, your ties to him is shorter.

Mariota, he just needs to sit and learn the NFL game, he's not a day 1 starter in my eyes. Loads of potential though.

1968jetsfan likes this.
  20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

As an avid ND fan, I really didn't come away that impressed with Winston in that game. I know the eye popping stats he put up in the second half, but at least for me, without any info to really back it up, he didn't pass the eye test for me that day. I thought it was more of a defensive letdown for ND than it was surgical work done by Winston.