2014 Week 1- Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Somewhere RaiderJoe is mad.

I see you RaiderJoe...I see you.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post......OMG the Jets win today! IMO this Answers A lot of Questions!!!

Called it that it would be close ....said 21-17 and final was 19-14. Vegas had us at -6 ! Scared the crap out of me

Thanks be to God for Chris Ivory and our runners but Geno definitely showed improvement. D saves a potential fourth quarter disaster.

Jets offense on the upswing after first game jitters behind us! Seeing those 38 down the road ....Jets can do it!

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Defense played really good. Our run D is excellent.

Offense looked much improved, O-line was strong, running backs are a force to be reckoned with.

Geno looked pretty good, was deadly accurate, made big strides but has to limit the aggression when running the ball.

We pretty much dominated but only won by 5 points...Have to limit the bone head penalties and get it done with TD's in the RZ not FG's. Geno needs to protect the football better.

1-0 On to the next.

4. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

@RuJFan it was a second down on both plays wit both on like the 3. Hardly drive stallers. 1 still resulted in a Td the next play on a shovel to Cj. If Geno doesnt fumble they run that ball 2 more times.. After watching the postgame it was one of the first things Geno was asked about. The plays were scripted and honestly should have worked...again blaming the execution rather then the call. I do see ya point though, simple works too..

5. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

I thought Allen did an amazing job at Corner today and if Milliner can get back soon we will be in really good shape. His tackling was some of the best i have seen from one of our corners today in a LONG time.

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

i wanna see more from our d-line with the pass rush... if were gonna beat the packers our pressure from the d-line is going to be everything. If ARod gets the time Carr got were gonna get picked apart...thank god Dee will be back so AA i assume will be going back to FS?

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Looking at the game thread you would think the Jets lost by 60 today.

CaneGreen likes this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

9. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

Our DL has to literally put the entire team on its back. Our corners need as much help as possible and pressure up the gut trashing the pocket, disrupting timing leading to a couple turnovers is the best help they can get. Schedual upcoming is pure hell: Rodgers. Cutler. Stafford. Rivers. Manning. Brady....Ben. Back to back to back...to back...shit bout to get real.

#249 CaneGreen, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  10. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

So..are you still feeling the same way???

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol top 3 rushing attack? Wow

12. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

Honesly? yes. The first half of the game went well..but the pick did us in. Now had we kept it 21-3 going into the half and our corners had held up during the second we could have run a lot of time off the clock by pounding the rock sealing this victory. Of course I expect to score at least 1 more time after 3 td in the first half as well.

13. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

As of right now we have the number 1 rushing offense in the league at 175 yards a game.... the number 1 rush defense at about 55 a game. I expect us to stay top 3 in both categories for the entire season. When you force teams to pass, your back end gets exposed.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I thought you meant pass rushing.

And our run game stats are always inflated IMO because our pass game has been shit