2014 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 6, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You Don't like Lewan and Davante Adams??

Both are incredible players. Adams was my favorite pick.

Marcus Smith is a really good player that can play 3-4 LB, he's very versatile, could get a little stronger. I know he played with his hand down and standing up at Louisville.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Actually it was at 3 Pm this year.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We difer on Adams, I think he was a huge beneficiary of a really good QB, and a really bad MWC. Not saying he can't play and if we took him I wouldn't complain but I have reservations about him.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah I hear ya, also 10am games can be tough on Sunday but at least it's not Hawaii where I lived for a season and it was 7am, just felt weird lol

5. Barry the Baptist

Ahhh so I'm cool then. I still might PM my board just to keep it running and not holding it up.

6. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Yeah. I haven't seen niklas but the other picks I really liked for the jets.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't love getting Lewan in round 1. I like Adams in round 2. I like other WRs around him more, but most of them were gone.

It's more a matter of guys I would prefer being gone ahead of the Jets' picks rather than the Jets drafting badly themselves. If you told me ahead of time that this would be the Jets draft, I would be okay with it, but if you showed me how the draft fell, I'd be much more comfortable with it.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I have zero reservations about any Wr that had 131 receptions 1718 yards and 24 Tds in one year.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Lewan was the BPA, I'm always a value drafter....you don't reach for a player in Rd 1. The cupboard was basically bare for the players of proper value and need at #18.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I think he has talent and a high ceiling....I just don't think he can step into the NFL and be a key contributor, which is something we need out of whoever we draft out of our playmakers.

Fans will need to be patient with Adams. He has more ceiling than guys like Matthews, Cooks or Landry but I think both those 2nd round WRs can step right in and really be a factor for their respective teams. Robinson and Adams need some time. Adams if you ask him to run down the field can be a big home run threat but its more than that.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think a few of you Guys are selling Adams short, he's a hellva prospect. Not many receivers were more productive.

12. Barry the Baptist

I think that's kind of what I am getting at, he had unreal numbers in college but I don't see him coming in day 1 and being this stud WR. He will be good I don't have doubts about that but I think we need someone who can step in and be contributor right away. NY is a tough market and if came in and struggled I could see it being hard for him to take that next step.

13. BakerMaker

I can totally see him destroying the combine in measurements and the 40 yard dash though so it could shoot his stock well before we even touch him with our 2nd. Maybe a team like Cleveland bites on him early round 2 if he does what's expected come combine time.

Its good value and there wasn't much WW85 can do with the WR binge before is pick but I just am not sure about the fit.

14. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Is someone taking Barry's board? If so let me know and I'll send you mine so we can roll through those three picks.

15. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Only Cooks even came close.

16. BakerMaker

I'll be around for a while, you can send me boards.

17. BakerMaker

To be fair, the LSU boys took receptions and yards and TDs away from one another.

18. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

and Fresno had 3 receivers > 1000 yards.

Of course, Carr threw more completions than all but 6 FBS QBs had attempts, but people just want to talk about how many screens they threw...

19. Barry the Baptist

I'll be around but if my picks don't come up in 2 or so hours I'll send my board via PM to WW85

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

I agree. He's been in my top 4 WRs for a while now. I dont really see a part to his game to dislike. He is a beast at 50/50 balls and has outstanding hands. He has great athletic ability and I think he helped Carr a tremendous amount. As you said, I dont really care what conference he is in with Stats like that. He has the upside to be a true #1 and I dont think he has that low of a floor. Many people are sleeping on Adams- he's a legit 1st round talent.

As for the rest of the draft, I really like what you did. Wasnt a huge fan of the Lewan pick, but with the direction of the rest of the draft, I can definitely get behind it. Niklas is a graet target in the 3rd if Ebron fails to make it to 18 and Marcus Smith is a very fluid passrusher that had a lot of production this season.