2014 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 6, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm here guys...I got 2 back to back...give me afew

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

A.....A Notre Dame(I know Walls plays for us) got picked by the JETS?!?!??!?!?!?!

I kinda figured that Niklas would work here. I like the pick. He makes sense in round 3. No way he would have made it to the Jets with their later pick, Baltimore would have ended that dream.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2942655&postcount=31

There's my thoughts in a nutshell on Niklas.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I like Niklas for the Jets, he's not as heralded as the other 3 TE's but he certainly has good bloodlines and an NFL body. If we're not going to get ASJ, Ebron or Amaro I'm cool with Niklas.

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The Jets NEED to get one of the top 4 TE's in this draft so I'm glad Niklas found his way to that pick. Being as great of a blocker as he is, his transition to this offense should go rather smoothly.

#304 JohnnyThaJet, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  5. BakerMaker

The Jets certainly got some offensive talent in this draft with the 3 guys they have picked. Would prefer to keep Howard and spend the 1st rounder elsewhere but at this point in time we got a starting RT, (for this year) our no.3/no.4 WR with high upside and someone who will fight with Cumberland for that starting TE gig and at the very least be Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell best friend as a great blocker.

6. BakerMaker

Carey may go to the Jags in round 2 so getting him in round 3 is great, great value. Was hoping he'd fall a little further.

Jacksonville hit on every need and if Bortles/Van Noy/Carey do as expected, this is a huge 1st 3 rounds for them.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I don't know what you would have draft in rd 1......Dee Ford, Pryor & one of the Wrs were slight reaches.

I went with the BPA and todays' lesser need, could be tomorrow's big need. Our depth at Tackle, age of Dbrick and Howard's status uncertain was a no brainer.

As far as Niklas, he doesn't have a huge body of work, but has shown to be a solid reliable TE that can do everyting needed to succeed in the NFL. Niklas will never be a pro-bowl player, but can be a reliable target and a much better option than Cumberland.

I you mentioned someone ranked Niklas at #49, would have never drafted him in mid Rd 2.

FWIW, my target was Attaochu at #69. All for #49 Adams, I had to settle for another player.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Thanks. I considered Carey in the 2nd but felt it was more likely that one of the top RB s fell than one of the top pass rushers.

9. BakerMaker

For today, I get the Lewan pick but if we do resign Howard, then yeah we would go elsewhere with the pick. I know trading isn't allowed here but if this scenario happened in real life, I want the Jets to trade down and use leverage that Lewan may go to the Dolphins one pick later so a OT hungry team like Arizona may need to get in position and we can land a later pick in return.

Yeah I would not have minded Attaochu in early round 3 but he got taken there....with Adams, you had to take whoever was left since Cooks/Matthews/Robinson/Landry all went so there was nothing you can really do there.

Niklas pick works and hits a need, would be happy to get him somewhere in round 3...just he never got much of a chance and thus never impressed me when I saw him play every Saturday. Rees may have held him back.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

SOMEBODY want to draft for Buffalo.....Harpua is AWL.

11. BakerMaker

I'm right after him with NYG so I can't go :(

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm on Buffalo's pick, hang on.

13. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Would you compare Troy Niklas to a Heath Miller type TE?

14. BakerMaker

More unproven coming out of college as a receiver compared to what Heath did at UVA which is probably why Heath got in late round 1 and Niklas most likely won't be a round 1 selection.

I think Dennis Pitta is a good comparison though.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Does anyone have TheCoolerGlennFoley's draftboards for the Cowboys and Steelers for Rd 3????

16. Jets4eva9011

Do you think he has more potential as oppose to someone like CJ Fiedorowicz?

17. BakerMaker

I don't.

Carlos Hyde concludes the Giants draft. He's the perfect compliment to David Wilson and is great value for the team....Andre Brown is pretty banged up and Cox I don't think can be a RB(More of a returner). No more Jacobs/Hillis for them.

Giants got 3 helpful offensive talents. Their defense woke up and rose to the occasion and can use a tinker in one of the LB spots and at CB but their offense was just a mess.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Jets4eva9011 you're OTC

19. BakerMaker

Yes absolutely. Both guys are a match at blocking but I think Niklas has more potential as a receiver. They're the two best blocking TEs in the draft.

20. Jets4eva9011

Rams needed a tackle, so went with good value at this spot with James Hurst. A broken leg caused him to miss the combine and senior bowl game.