2014 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 6, 2014.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

YES.

Adams is my #4 WR just behind Beckham. Severely underrated WR in this deep class. Reminds me of a mix between Crabtree and Alshon. He's my ideal 2nd round pick if we dont address WR in the 1st.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was right there too......I had Adams slightly ahead of Laundry for the Jets, it was almost a toss up.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I don't like the Adams fit for the Jets but that's because we have Stephen Hill who fits the billing as the tall, fast project. I really want Matthews or Cooks by draft day :(

I don't blame WW85 though, there was no other way he could have gone.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I beieve Hill's carrer is very limited with the Jets. Adams has the most potential to turn into a #1 WR of the second tier of wideouts in this draft.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

There's no way Hill should be factored into a pick. He may not even be on the roster, and tbh, I would not be upset if he wasnt.

Adams is a much different player and would be a great compliment to a FA WR like Tate or Maclin

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Being the Jets GM has been a real challenge in this draft. Round 1 was a worst case scenario. Round 2 worked out fairly well.

Lewan & Adams will help Geno.

7. BakerMaker

Yeah I know Hill wasn't an Idzik guy but I think people will have to give Adams time to really get his route running down(Though that's a problem with a lot of rookie WRs). Our fanbase doesn't show much patience. At least Adams has solid hands unlike Hill and has more of an urgency to be better which Hill does not have.

I don't know if Adams will have immediate impact but as you said, he has maybe the biggest upside of any WR not named Evans or Watkins in the draft. He's a sick athlete. People just have to be patient with him. Just don't know if he's a fit in the NY area since we want people who can produce right now.

8. BakerMaker

Its been 2 years for Hill and he came from an option ran offense, he needs time honestly even if he frustrates us so many times. Adams is more ahead of the game but I would be shocked if he stepped in and did great things in the NFL day 1.

9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Project? Adams had like 1750 yards and 18 TDs last year. Did hill even have that his whole time at tech?

Good pick with Adams. Was hoping I could snag him for Indy.

10. BakerMaker

I am referring to him translating to the pro level. He kind of reminds me of Justin Hunter who got chosen by the Titans in round 2 last season....he'll show the flashes that have you drool(He did it vs the Jets for instance) but he will also not have route running/separation on short-intermediate routes down to pat and thus be invisible in some games.

What scares me with taking someone like this is if he doesn't explode out of the gate, the fans could get silly and start to premature call him a bust etc. We saw this with Geno Smith for most of year 1 in fact which is why this fanbase sometimes doesn't instill faith in us showing patience. People actually want a QB taken high in this draft....ugh.

I am not a big Hill fan but he needs more than 2 years before losing his spot on the roster.

11. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Side note, really good job by everyone so far. Sent a board for Pittsburgh & Dallas when they were 5 picks away and very nearly needed all the guys I had on the list.

12. Phish Pick coming..sorry for delay

13. -Love the Davante Adams pick for Jets. He may very well be the guy staring at us come the 2nd round.

As for my Phins pick..their holes on the OL are obvious. Jackson can likely start from day 1 & has a solid future.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I was looking to draft Jackson for the Bears.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't think we can afford to get out of the 2nd round without getting an offensive skill player. So I love the Adams pick there. There are a lot of receivers I would like there.

You can't worry about Hill when it comes to Adams. Hill may never come around. If he does come around, and Adams does, too, that's a good problem to have.

16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Davante Adams was the other WR that I was thinking of picking before I settled on Jordan Matthews.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

^this 100x over.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Guys Jetsnation06 hasn't been around , he told me the other day he had to go out town, and he would forward his boards...... I GOT RD 1, BUT NOT RD 2.......I'M GOING TO MAKE HIS PICKS BACK TO BACK. PHILLY & CINCY.

19. BakerMaker

Lets keep the draft train rollin', could have a strong night.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Pick will be up shortly.