2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

wow we are getting screwed on our pick

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are in favor of the Jets spending millions on corners and safeties. The Jets had a ton of money tied up in the secondary for years and it did not work out. With the most pathetic weapons in the league on offense, it makes no sense to go out and spend half the available cap space on a corner and a safety. And let Revis hit the market and let some other team eat up their cap paying him $12-15 million. He's getting old and did not look like the same player last year. Plus he doesn't give a shit about the team he plays for. He is a pure mercenary out only for his own contract. I hope he goes to the Pats and they overpay him.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Exactly. I would much rather pay Wilkerson and Sheldon. Doesn't matter what Revis signs for this offseason. What's to say he won't hold out for a bigger contract once guys like Peterson and Sherman sign extensions and get paid more than him? Revis has shown his willingness to hold a team hostage to be the highest paid CB in the league. It's not even about the money itself, it's about being the highest paid CB in the league. Let the Pats deal with that.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sometimes this forum is unreadable. It's officially a 4th rounder because a writer made a claim during the FA period? Seriously?

I guess the Jets will officially sign Verner, Davis, Byrd, Vick, Sanders and Orakpo since over the last week I have read the same from one writer on another.

Ralebird likes this.
  5. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Schefter confirmed it, so has the Tampa Bay news outlets. If it's unreadable, why do keep coming back for more? Or even acknowledge my post? :)

6. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

.. RT @NBCdianna: Source: Aqib Talib is very close to a deal with Patriots. #NFLFreeagency

Kind of off topic but may take them out of Revis race if it happens.

7. The Waterboy

Schefter reported it, that makes it official now? Do you realize that Incarcerated Bob may be Schefters source

I should have clarified, the sky is falling posts like yours make it unreadable.

8. nevbeats319

ill never forget draft 2010..they zoom on shefter while he's on the floor to break the new " the eagles have traded up to select earl thomas"… they selected brandon graham… thats the only time I saw he was wrong… it was bad cuz it was live tv

9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Sky isn't falling, but i'm ticked we were all hoping for that extra third rounder and now it's going to be a fourth. We could grab someone in the third that will greatly help us over a fourth rounder. Your reaction to a "sky is falling post" is why I usually don't bother to even post much, because snooty attitudes come out

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That is actually great news. No way they can afford both!
    Talib is a band aid

Jets1Zero likes this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Given the sources it seems likely that the story is true.

The Jets are the only team the Bucs would likely be trying to bluff with a false report. That would be the "scare the Jets into thinking the Pats and Fins are going to get a free run at Revis on Wednesday if you don't trade with us" angle. For everybody else the report is a disincentive to trade at this point. It is for the Jets too most likely so that makes it more likely it is just the truth leaking out beforehand so the Bucs don't get caught in a firestorm on Wednesday.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Schefter reported it and Tampa Bay confirmed it. It's true.

Schefter usually doesn't report things that are bullshit.

13. Rockinz

So u think they are trying to get the Jets to trade back for Revis?

14. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Via Tony Pauline

I'm told wide out James Jones receiving heavy interest from the Detroit Lions &New York Jets...Green Bay Packers may still be in the mix..

15. nevbeats319

i wonder what rex is thinking

16. Rockinz

something along the lines of: Idzik give me all the toys to beat "the genius"

17. nevbeats319

i wish rex was mic'd up during off season

18. Rockinz

Broncos could use a guy like him. I could see them trade for him over the Jets.

19. The Waterboy

Sources? no source was named unless we are talking about Mr. League Sources. It didn't even say a source within the Bucs organization

I am not saying it won't happen just that I don't think they release him and get nothing in return.

If I was the Bucs and really wanted move him then I would actually approach the Jets offer Revis in exchange for getting the 4th rd /3rd rd pick back and offer to pick up $2M of the contract for this year. Doesn't seem like anyone is biting on the $16M contract and as I said I really don't expect them to just release him.

20. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Why trade for him when they can just pay him - he's gonna get paid by someone, i'd wait for him to be cut if i was the Broncos and interested in him.