2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I really don't understand your argument. Signing all of these guys would upgrade our receiving corps but would not be smart in terms of money. Signing one of those guys would be an upgrade and would likely not overpay too much.

You're exaggerating the extent of what we're doing and criticizing us for it.

Yes upgrading is good but only when it is not downgrading other positions. I don't know where you got it in your head that we are when all we're doing is looking at one FA receiver

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

That will open things up for Kerley in the slot and the rest of the offense not to mention I seriously doubt he's the only WR we go after through FA or the draft.

nyjunc likes this.
  3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

He may be a good receiver, but he's a total bore on TV...

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Are we playing the Seahawks defense every week? Hint: no. And that will only help the rest of the receiving squad. Right now we have Kerley drawing attention to get David Nelson open... you wouldn't rather have Decker getting attention to keep Kerley open underneath? It's a perfect match, honestly. Especially in a WCO.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Faith and Begorrah! A Jets fan with some common sense. Wish I could buy you a pint, my friend!

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Ask this question in 2011 who is better Nelson or Decker? So because one guy got to play with arguably the greatest QB ever while the other tore his knee up and bounced around makes Decker better?

7. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Kerley is a good receiver. We should throw him the ball on every single play. Who cares about logic?

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No we need Decker to make plays and beat the top corners, something I dont thing he can do. He looked absolutely horrible when he was being defended by a top corner, something of which he didnt have to deal with all throughout the season.

The 1985er likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

No, the Jets offered $6 million, but weren't going to give all the guaranteed money. Get your facts straight.

10. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

McDaniels was coaching in St. Louis by the time Decker had any impact.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thanks for clearing that up.

People need to temper their expectations on him, that's all i'm saying. He's not a #1.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You're assuming this based in the fact that he'll instantly become the best WR on the team but you aren't realizing that our true #1 receiver will probably be had through the draft.
    Even if we signed a Calvin Johnson we'd still need to upgrade the rest of the group and adding a guy like Decker to Nelson & Kearly and drafting a top WR will dramatically improve that position for years to come.

13. NCJetsfan

Yeah, except Nelson has good hands and Decker doesn't.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm done with this stupid fuckin discussion about Decker. He is light years better than anything on this roster and I would love to have him as a playmaker.

HardHitta and MoWilkNYJ like this.
  15. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

We need weapons on offense and Decker is the best available period, only Jet fans make excuses against signing a multiple 1000 yard receiver who is not going to get 9m+.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Saying it is unlikely Revis will get traded at this point. I don't know if that means he will get cut or they will pay the 1.5M bonus, give us the 3rd round pick and try to trade him later.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can pretty much close the discussion on this post. I can't even believe half the absurd shit I'm reading. Yes, let's just bring back David Nelson, he's an Eric Decker clone but cheaper!

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No but Seattle has a great secondary all around, most NFL teams dont. Decker got destroyed when he was being covered by good guys, Decker didnt have to deal with that during the season though because he was the #3 guy on his team. If he comes here he will be the #1 guy and will get absolutely destroyed again the same way he got destroyed in the Super Bowl.

Its easy to play against garbage corners, but when Decker went against a good corner the result was 6 yards for the entire game. But thats the guy y'all want?

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't think anyone is arguing him coming here. I think it's about the price and his role on this team.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Is this really your logic? Eric Decker had more TD's than Calvin Johnson total between 2012 and 2013. So by your logic Decker>>Calvin Johnson