2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

he was a 2..and in 2011 he was denver #1 while thomas was still learning to play

2. nevbeats319

im not saying decker has to be our calvin johnson.. i dont expect him..he just has to put up a consistant 800 yrd season...i just hope the contract matches that... our #1 will be used on the 18th pick in the draft

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You think he was ahead of Welker?

4. nevbeats319

welker wasnt there 2 years ago

5. nevbeats319

plus i think he would be a good team guy and a leader.. we need that

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Maybe because Idzik said we would be prudent on the spending side??

I believe the pats don't have a 5th round draft choice..

7. Don

We are talking about last year when he was a 3 and what he expects to be paid now.

8. Don

He will get traded for a 7th if it keeps him away from the Jets. I said this yesterday, somebody with an extra pick will take a chance on getting him to restructure after a deal is made. At worst they have him for one year for 16M a lot of which can be converted to a bonus. For a team who envisions the are close to a championship it may be worth it.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not sure I can begin to understand the disdain for Decker.

He isn't going to be a number 1 option on the Jets. They are addressing a position of severe weakness. Decker will be an immediate position upgrade and this would not preclude the Jets from addressing WR in the draft.

Unreal.

MoWilkNYJ, The Uniform Bomber and FJF like this.
  10. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I was referring to Jason Lacanfora's quote. Revis gets traded for only a 5th round pick.

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Lol to the guys this would rather stick with Salas and Hill. Not like we would add Decker and then forget about the receiver position we will add at least 2 more guys. It's about building a core

FJF and GQMartin like this.
  12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

This is my thinking. I don't want to build through free agency but you still need to use it, it's not all or nothing in one or the other. The sad thing will be if we have all this cap space and somehow manage to get worse. Yeah, I get we have a lot of draft picks but not all our draft picks are going to be starters...it just doesn't happen.

My count is we currently have holes at G, OT, RB to replace Goodson (so not a big role to fill), WR x2, TE, CB, FS, OLB, backup QB. Maybe more.

We can definitely fill RB depth, backup QB and maybe G/OT through free agency.We can probably get a WR, TE and maybe a FS or OLB that can start through the draft. Means we still need to get another WR, CB or two (2nd for depth having lost a few guys) and maybe an OLB or FS depending on draft.

It's not impossible but a lot of the good CBs are gone already and the best FS (although they were overpaid) so it's going to be hard.

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I agree. So what if he's not a #1? He's an upgrade and we sorely need upgrades at WR.

GQMartin likes this.
  14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Lmao Decker, we probably are going to sign him, its probably the guy Idzik wants. Im 100% against this but in Idzik we trust.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Too much rational thought here.

=)

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

If we can sign Decker for approx $6.5mil (I know, I know...but it's free agency so you pay that premium), draft a WR and TE with our first two picks in the the draft we go into next year with Decker, Kerley, Lee/Benjamin, Cumberland, Ebron/Jenkins and who knows who else...those are some pretty drastic improvements on the offensive side of the ball. Plus we'll bring in a better backup QB which is only a positive thing as well.

We also need to address OT/OG as well, but we'll see how that plays out.

17. Tarzanboy

Tarzanboy Member

If Revis can be had for a fifth rounder, why don't we tell Tampa to keep ther fourth rounder and send him back here where he belongs?

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I would like to see us sign both a younger WR (age 25-26) and a veteran such as Lance Moore or Miles Austin. Then in the draft use the first two picks on a TE/WR combo.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

because the contract, no one in the league wants that contract because its basically a ticking time bomb, no team is going to be paying Revis 16 million for another 5 years, imagine Revis at 32 making 16 million ? yeah right.

Thats why hes going to hit free agency, that contract was REALLY bad, not a single team wants to pick it up.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I am not one of those fans who holds a grudge towards a player who is engaged in the business side of football.

Woody Johnson should not hold a grudge toward a player "playing the business side of the game" either.

The 1985er likes this.