2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Revis' ego is too big to come back for the low salary we would offer. I was glad to see him go to Tampa Bay and not sure if he can stay healthy to contribute if he came back. Let him sweat a little bit and make a low ball offer if no one else picks him up.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

funny how all 3 have super bowl rings

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not weird that Verner is still out there. Several CB's signed big deals earlier today. A couple got big deals to stay with their teams last week. Darrelle Revis is likely on the market tomorrow. If Verner is asking for $10M a year he's probably pricing himself out of the market at the moment.

If Indy wanted to give him $39M for 4 years they'd have done that. Instead they took their guy back. Same for Miami with Grimes. Same with the Packers with Shields.

Right now the CB market is down to just a few teams looking and none of them look like they want to spend a lot of money on a CB.

The Patriots probably want Talib back at an affordable price. The Eagles are likely waiting to see what happens with Revis.

I think Verner could be on the market for several days and ultimately wind up with a $7-8M a year deal or something like that. It's possible somebody will knock down his door with a big offer but the money at the position is going fast and Revis will get more than his share of what is left.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Idzik has a plan with Revis? Are you serious? I can't believe this thread right now lol. He is property of the Bucs, and being used in trade talks as of this last hour. How would he be secretly aligning with the Jets again? Especially after how everything ended. Look man I want him too, and I love your posts usually, but stop dreamin.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

not a chance... need and missing out on free agents wont dictate our draft. we arent a win now team, and winning this year isnt important.

6. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

There's appearently one team who's in contact with Verner, only that team has not been disclosed.
    Idzik going ninja style?

Tbh, I'm not even worried.
    Have scary amount of faith in Idzik and his way moving forward.

7. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

yes it is..rex will be fired if we don't have a good year

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Why is out of the possibility that he has a plan in place? I dont mean him and Revis have shook hands, I just mean he has a plan for him.

Considering we haven't spent any money, I can see Idzik giving him close to what he wants. We all know we need a corner and while he may be the most expensive one, if he's healthy again, he's deadly.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. jerseyjay14

agreed. and honestly not 1 guy i was hoping for has been signed yet.

10. Falco21

Why does he have to reduce his salary by a lot? We haven't spent a dime. Idzik might give him close to what he wants, enough to win him over to come back with Rex.

11. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The Revis situation has almost every team at a standstill. I'm pretty sure that's why most of the secondary free agents haven't been signed. And nobody has bit on a WR so we all need to relax. I don't expect The Jets to do much till Revis is moved.

12. Falco21

Ok?...

13. jerseyjay14

insane money for such a poor player with so many glaring flaws. let someone else pay him to be a backup in 2 year

14. Falco21

I didn't think he was a poor player but thats too much money for him.

15. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

You are ABSOLUTELY clueless as to how well Howard played last year. You called him the worst RT in the league last year, when he was actually one of the best only giving up 2 sacks and 2 penalties all year, out of 600+ snaps. Just wow. Austin Howard is not Wayne Hunter.

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I have a question to many of you in this thread.

Who says we are missing out on free agents right now?

Who are these free agents we are missing out on right now?

All I'm seeing are players that have been cut or are retreads with "household" names on the back of their jersey's. There is a reason they are sitting where they are at. They have either lost a step or they are asking way more than what they are worth.

There is still a ton of guys left in the F/A market right now. People need to focus on breathing.

Idzik isn't stupid, you can just see it through the moves he's already established in his short tenure as GM. He is willing to let Howard walk because he clearly wants a big payday and thinks he is worth more than he really is. I'm sure a reasonable offer was laid out on the table for him, an offer that Idzik felt he was worth and Idzik is refusing to spend a penny more than that because he is looking at the longevity of this team.

It's brilliant and I love it.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  17. jerseyjay14

all this hating on idzik is crazy right now.... forget austin howard, he is about to get drastically overpaid and we can do better at the position anyhow. id rather let our young guys fight it out to be honest. Literally no play we should be interested in got signed. and i also dont see the need to fill every void we have in FA this year. we are a REBUILDING team. that doesnt need to happen in one off season. maybe we get lucky and make the playoffs next year but odds are we dont and if we do we arent going to win it all anyhow.

idzik has been all about having a longterm plan since he got here. clean the cap up, stockpile draft picks, and make smart decision with our money. i hope he sticks to that. looks like he is

18. John

John Active Member

NYJalltheway and roboz08 like this.
  19. jerseyjay14

easy not to give up sacks when MM is chipping and keeping a TE on your hip every play to make up for your massive short comings. he was easily one of the 2 or 3 worst lineman in football last season. im glad he is gonna. i haven hated a jets player this bad in a long time.

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

There's just so much wrong with this post.